[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
cp5106

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.43 Summer Map 8 May 22

#3211 Post by cp5106 » 13 May 2022 20:56

Thank you for making an awesome map, been enjoying it so far!
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.43 Summer Map 8 May 22

#3212 Post by hawkbs » 16 May 2022 06:00

Am fixing a few things Ive spotted with terrain, the entry and exit to Fox Weighstation (disappearing trucks etc), trying to get rid of vegetation errors messages. Also added a couple of new ai vehicles (upgraded AK DOT and added AK Park Rangers) and fixed licence plates plus added two other licence plates for Police and Trucks. Changed a couple of forks that were causing GPS issues. Hid runways at airports so they dont show as roads on Map or GPS. Fixing things as I see them. Also started adding people to places.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Bandit & The Snowman

#3213 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 16 May 2022 06:34

Are there any errors left in either map in 1.44? I’m getting various about semi trucks and indeed there are no semis at all on the streets. Using the latest summer version and your load order as well as no other mods not even workshop mods. Will specify once I can access my game log again.
hawkbs

#3214 Post by hawkbs » 16 May 2022 09:41

@Bandit & The Snowman Yeah thats to do with a traffic def file and parked_vehicles.sii which took me a while to figure out. Seem to have it sorted but looking for more errors like that.
Havent touched Winter yet, gonna sort out as many issues as I can before I touch that. Id rather concentrate on fixing errors and other annomalies, get them done and dusted then convert to Winter. Then after that maybe look at other things.

You might find the big hotel in Prudhoe Bay and the place directly across from it empty of parked trucks, cars. That what thats about anyway. Ive fixed it though.
[ external image ]
Bandit & The Snowman

#3215 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 16 May 2022 11:14

That’s great :) The map as such works well, no glitches etc.
Currently crawling up with spinning wheels the steep dirt passage south of Chandalar Station, looks like you really should use the push trucks with heavy haul loads :)

Edit: Made it at 1-3 mph with smoking tires and causing deep ruts in the road. Don't want to try this when it rains. (I'll try with a standard load later on to see whether it's possible to get up there without push trucks at all.) Then came Atigun Pass, and it was just impossible. I loaded the quicksave I made at the push trucks, tried to use them and the game crashed:

Code: Select all

00:01:02.007 : [actor] Teleported from [-228285.8;1083.4;-463856.8] to [-226018.6;1458.2;-465878.5]
00:01:02.437 : <ERROR> d:\buildbot\slaves\win_slave\final_build_ats_144_windows_bin_steam_x64\build\prism\src\p3core\collections\arrays\arrays_base_impl.h(491): ??A?$array_t@Vstring_dyn_t@prism@@@prism@@QEAAAEAVstring_dyn_t@1@_K@Z: Index outside array boundaries.
That's dumb. Doesn't really shed any light on the cause. Let's hope fixing the other errors fixes this one as well.
hawkbs

#3216 Post by hawkbs » 18 May 2022 10:50

I'll take a look at that as soon as I finish redoing the roads and their prefabs in Fairbanks. Bringing them upto date and trying to get rid of "Do Not Use" tagged stuff.
[ external image ]
Trucker_71

#3217 Post by Trucker_71 » 18 May 2022 16:50

Getting confused with the status of the two maps. Are both winter and summer compatible with 1.44 at this time?
Thanks. ;)
Bandit & The Snowman

#3218 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 18 May 2022 17:12

They’re not fully adapted yet, but they’re certainly drivable. There are some errors but other than AI semis missing altogether and the above mentioned crash with the push trucks I see no reason to postpone driving :)
Trucker_71

#3219 Post by Trucker_71 » 18 May 2022 19:19

The last time I tried I got CTD's. Was just curious. I guess I'll give it a try again. Thanx. ;)
hawkbs

#3220 Post by hawkbs » 19 May 2022 04:23

The majority of the errors you will see with 1.43 version on 1.44, Alki are vegetation errors caused by large bezier patches (used to cover holes or make hills more interesting etc) or large road length segments, which Im currently sorting out. They shouldnt cause a CTD.
The other errors are missing Default Look on a certain house type cause scs change these things and now its a variation instead of a look. Again shouldnt cause a CTD. The other errors are to do with AI Trucks that are Parked, mainly gonna see that in Deadhorse/Prudhoe Bay.
I have currently got that sorted apart from a SCENE where it cant find a Dumper which is there so go figure. Have come across some weird things while looking at the Parked_vehicle.sii from the 1.44 base game extract like certain trucks being listed more than once under a category i.e.

Code: Select all

parked_vehicle : truck_trlr.always.parked.physics
{
	allowed_vehicle[]: "truck"

low_poly_only: false
	always_visible: true

allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_box_45"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_ref_45"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_box_53"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_ref_53"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.acid"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.car_r.cargo_tesla"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_flatbed.curtain45_f"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_dumper"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_dumper"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_r.cargo_beams"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_r.ctubes_b"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_b.cargo_hay"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_b.cargo_hptank"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_b.cargo_plows"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_b.cargo_tubes"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.flatbed_r.cargo_vent"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.fuel"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.gooseneck_b.cabin"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_gosck40g"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_gosck40b"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_gosck40s"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.gooseneck_p"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.chemical"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.lowboy_y.cargo_breel"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.lowboy_y.cargo_bull"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.lowboy_r.cargo_tract"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.lowboy_r"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.lowboy_y"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_box_53"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_ref_53"
	allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.log"
}
as you can see allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_box_53" and allowed_trailer[]: "traffic.trailer.scs_ref_53" are listed twice in that one (top of rule and bottom). There are more like it in the same file, but ive removed duplicates where they were listed twice in the same rule. Cant understand why you would add the same thing more than once anyway as duplication can cause errors. Thats someone just being lazy at SCS though and not checking.
Also 3 lines had changed in the traffic_storage_trailer_semi.sii which tells the game which trailers are available, which caused an issue with the parked trailers.

So what Ive also done is adjusted vegetation en masse and am now doing short Dev Cam hops i.e. from Fairbanks to Fox then checking for errors in the gamelog.txt then fixing them. However I suddenly decided to upgrade things like the Weighstation at Fox, some AI vehicles i.e. the AKDOT Cars, add a new AK State parks car (which also acts like police and can give you speeding tickets).
Also upgrading some of the intersections (some dont have replacements yet so leaving them), fixing the line markings on the roads, filling in a couple of holes in terrain I spotted etc. So doing that as I do my Dev Cam looking for errors trips. Also making runways not show on the GPS/Map, fixing an issue with a job route to Sourdough Fuel at Farmers Loop. Somewhere along the line I also have to completely redo the Fairbanks Fire Engine and Ambulance cause they changed the UV Mapping (texturing) and the name of the file for the texture itself. Want to try get taxi's to appear as well as I havent seen them yet but they are enabled in the traffic file for Fairbanks. Also theres a y junction in Deadhorse I replaced along with somewhere else, and fixed the grass encroaching onto the road going towards Arctic Ice Field from there.

Thats just what Ive found and done so far. I want to get either no errors showing or very little. Warnings I dont worry about as they wont cause a CTD but if they are also non existant or minimal then alls good. Oooh yeah Ive started adding people too in various places, like walking to Lowes, taking selfies and photos at Arctic Circle, a few around Coldfoot etc.
Thats all this week so far, but until Im satisfied and happy with it you guys will need to run ver 1.43 of the map. When I am happy then I will convert it to the Winter Version and probably do a dual release packed into one RAR file, probably just in time for another patch that changes all my work again and breaks things lol

I have yet to check the issue with the Push Trucks, but I just got home from work and a snooze is in order. Shall check that later as I need a full gamelog.txt to figure it out if it happens. Mind you when I test I only have the Dalton files loaded and no other mods. Bandit & the Snowman didnt mention if he had any other mods loaded when it happened but will check the push trucks anyway. Its good he mentioned he is actually using them as I was considering getting rid of them as I didnt think folks used them at all, but now Heavy loads are back in maybe they will if they want to save their tires ;) .
Thats a point too @Bandit &amp; The Snowman , were you configured for Heavy Haul on that truck when the tires were melting away?
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”