[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Bandit & The Snowman

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.43 Summer Map 8 May 22

#3221 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 19 May 2022 06:51

What a nice long update on the mod :) Thank you for your dedication, as always.
I have a quick job running so I can’t spec the truck myself (it’s a fresh profile), I just assume the game puts realistic rigs together. I don’t know if that extends to high grip tires as well. The only other mod I use is Kriechbaum’s sound mod iirc, but I’ll double check. I know your map has lots of extras defined beyond the pure map, e.g. physics, so I’m careful about what I add.

Edit: I tested the whole thing without mods and no change. (Empty mod folder, -noworkshop and even -pure launch parameters)

Take care :)
Last edited by Bandit & The Snowman on 19 May 2022 14:48, edited 1 time in total.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.43 Summer Map 8 May 22

#3222 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 May 2022 07:03

@hawkbs thanks a ton for keeping your awesome map up to date, and even upgrading it here and there! I'm looking forward to the winter version for 1.44, but take your time.
hawkbs

#3223 Post by hawkbs » 20 May 2022 16:59

@Bandit & The Snowman Just tried the first push truck out of fairbanks going upto Hilltop, yeah it just locked up. There was a line that changed in the ferry files but that wasnt the issue.
Will pay around with it tomorrow.

NOTICE TO ALL
Please DO NOT USE Push Trucks at the moment or you will lock up and Crash to Desktop.
I am looking into it and hopefully can fix it for the next patch for all you heavy haulers.
In the meantime make sure your truck is configured for Heavy Loads or you are just gonna be in a world of pain trying to get up
some of the hills with them.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Vinnie Terranova

#3224 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 20 May 2022 19:40

@hawkbs could this issue with the push trucks have something to do with an extra file? Because there are two files:

Code: Select all

def\ferry\23mi.sii
def\ferry\mi23.sii
that both use the same namespace. mi23.sii is not used for ferry connections, but maybe because of using the same namespace it causes the crash?
hawkbs

#3225 Post by hawkbs » 20 May 2022 23:50

@Vinnie Terranova When I made them a few years back they were all tested and all worked perfectly. Something has changed thats causing the crash, not sure what yet it could be, maybe the activation model itself.
Im checking the basegame ferry models to see if I can find a clue there, but the sii files are fine and in the correct format. I'll delete the mi23 one though see if it makes a difference. Its not in the ferry.sii so it shouldnt get loaded anyway. Good catch though. Will test after Ive deleted that file.

EDIT:
Deleted that file and removed the line transport_type: "train" from every file in the defs/ferry folder

Now they are working again. That line used to be there but I guess they changed it with the Washington DLC.
Need to fix the Ferry loading screens now.

So if you guys want a quickfix and know what you are doing delete the file "defs/ferry/mi23.sii" then open every sii file in that folder and delete the line that says transport_type: "train" from all files in that folder.
Dont worry about the connection folder everything is fine in that.
If you want to fix the loading screen images open all the dds files from the folders material/ui/loading/ferry and also material/ui/loading/euro_tunnel in Paint.net (free program) and then just do a save as and choose on the top left BC1 (Linear, DXT1)

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
hawkbs

#3226 Post by hawkbs » 22 May 2022 15:47

Dont know what in the world is happening atm, maybe something to do with that last game update I dont know yet but.... am seeing some really odd things happening to speed limits.
Changed the roads in Fairbanks which were perfectly fine until yesterday or the day before. Suddenly the exit road from the highway going down to Carlile wants to be 16mph instead of the 25mph it should be
along with the back road if you turn left. Had to put in a 40 mph Traffic area in one spot and hide a 40 mph sign under the ground for them to show 25mph.
Now all of a sudden the Eastbound side of the Johannsen from the traffic lights at the rail depot which should be 55 mph all of a sudden wants to be 34mph. Tried a traffic area rule around it set to 88mph
but no go! It seems to me that for some reason the game has switched to Km/h from mph but using both at the same time as some roads have maintained the correct speed limits.
All the rules attached to the roads I changed are the same as the previous roads as well so they should be using the same speed limits. Speed limit signs should also work being base game
but its like Im all of a sudden been given an ETS2/ATS hybrid thing. Doing a map rebuild doesnt solve it either.
This could take some time to fix!

[ external image ]

So far Ive made changes to the roads and prefabs (intersections) all way to Hilltop. The "DO NOT USE" prefabs I couldnt find replacements for i took into blender though and and switched out the material files, so they match
the roads. One large piece though I had to remap the UV's on the lines on the road and delete certain parts to get the lines to show correctly or they would end up being just solid lines and yellow where they should be broken and white.

Namely this monstrosity

[ external image ]

All this area has been cleaned and fixed

[ external image ]

The Alaska DOT decided to spend some money and upgrade its vehicles.

[ external image ]

Tourists!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Digital X

#3227 Post by Digital X » 22 May 2022 15:55

Regarding the speed limit issue, not related to this is it? https://promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=24472
hawkbs

#3228 Post by hawkbs » 22 May 2022 16:37

That very well could be the issue, maybe when I replaced the roads the country got de-assigned. Nice find @Digital X I will look at that tomorrow as I am falling asleep on the keyboard basically atm.
Thanks for that!
[ external image ]
Digital X

#3229 Post by Digital X » 22 May 2022 16:38

You're welcome mate, hope it works!
hawkbs

#3230 Post by hawkbs » 22 May 2022 16:55

I had to quickly test it. Yup that was it had to assign the nodes to the country! Man I wasted hours on that lol. How easy we forget things that have to be done with roads!
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”