[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Update 18th June 22

#3331 Post by hawkbs » 20 Jun 2022 11:08

All trees are now replaced and Ive dev cammed the entire map to make sure everything looks fine.
Still got alot I want to get done before the next release.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Vinnie Terranova

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Update 18th June 22

#3332 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 20 Jun 2022 11:18

@hawkbs Thanks a lot for your hard work! And take the time you need. I'm glad we at least can use both the summer and the winter map with ATS v1.44. And all the things you gonna do with the trees only makes both maps better and better. Thanks again!
xTHANATOPSISx

#3333 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 20 Jun 2022 20:49

hawkbs wrote: 20 Jun 2022 11:08 All trees are now replaced and Ive dev cammed the entire map to make sure everything looks fine.
Sir, with you in the world colors are more vibrant, the sun shines brighter and it makes me want to be a better man.

Not really, but I do appreciate the efforts here. Hadn't used the map in some time and then I grabbed it when you updated for 1.43 then never got in the game before 1.44 so a even more so appreciate you getting the map updated a second time quickly.

Some things I ran into myself that I didn't see mentioned, all on the winter map:

At Yukon River bridge, there's bridge structure on the bridge. No collisions, just the visual obstruction.

At... uuhhh... Pump Station 4(? pretty sure) in the station itself there are street lamps all kinds of in the way. Maybe they are intentional but it don't think so. Also the shop trigger there, perhaps intentionally, is overlapped with some bollards. I could access it, but only just.

Since about 20 miles south of Chandalar or so heading northbound, I started really racking up damage on the truck and especially the trailer (Lode King step) Even running 35-40mph I'd just randomly take 3-8% damage. Also gained a bit of cargo damage, but only about 2% in total. I gave up and teleported to Deadhorse when the (Freight Market) trailer was at about 78% damage and I'd repaired the truck 3 times at least. I didn't take any damage on the dirt sections of the road before that area with that trailer, or all the way up to Prospect Creek with a different van trailer. I was running 50 and even faster in places before that point without issue. Trying to adjust my "lane" position did seem to reduce this, but not entirely. Could very well be a collision issue with that new drop deck trailer model.

Many of the intersection road prefabs north of Prospect Creek have a graphic issue where the texture goes to rainbow for the curb area. Running DX11 and not having this issue further south that I noticed.

That's all I can remember right now, but wanted to mention those things. Otherwise haven't really got a lot to report. Had a seemingly random crash just outside the Fairbanks garage but the log didn't give anything useful. Just a game engine crash as far as I could tell. Couldn't reproduce the crash after restarting the game.
hawkbs

#3334 Post by hawkbs » 21 Jun 2022 00:06

@xTHANATOPSISx Thanks for the report.
I will check out Yukon River Bridge and Pump 4. I will check the others incase thats not the one but I will start there.
As for the damage no idea what that could be. I do know that you get wear and tear over time. I expect damage on the Bettles Trail cause its pretty bumpy. If it is a collission issue then thats on SCS, I dont own that DLC as I couldnt see the justification of
spending the money on it as its just trailers and Im happy with whats in game currently. The only other thing I can think of is maybe clipping some of the red/orangy delineators on the side of the road. Ones past Chandalar stick out more and arent as visible.
All of those are part of the road and dont knock over like signs do. They can mess a truck/trailer up alot. Been there done it myself lol.
Rainbow effects on prefabs? Havent seen that at all but I havent made it past 1 Mile in a long time due to testing and editing. However I did just dev cam all the way up and have fixed some issues with textures on some t-junctions just north of Prospect about a mile or so up the road.

That random crash I have had twice from economy resets. Drive out of the garage turn right and game just froze solid and ctd. All the log told me was something about the economy reset.
Havent had it happen again even though I have reset the economy manually quite a few times since then.

Anything else you get can you try to remember to get me a screenshot and wp please.
Oh btw which Map were you running Winter or Summer?
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#3335 Post by Optional Features » 21 Jun 2022 00:11

hawkbs wrote: 20 Jun 2022 11:08 All trees are now replaced and Ive dev cammed the entire map to make sure everything looks fine.
Awesome!
Grizzly

#3336 Post by Grizzly » 21 Jun 2022 00:44

There's a bug with some of the new Lode King trailers that accumulate too much damage.
Trucker_71

#3337 Post by Trucker_71 » 21 Jun 2022 02:01

I use a "no damage" mod most of the damage in this game is just nonsense anyway.
hawkbs

#3338 Post by hawkbs » 21 Jun 2022 02:08

WINTER MAP ISSUES

Ok looks like the Winter Map has some serious issues I need to look at. Yukon Bridge has some major problem with the support pylons. Seems they have decided to situate themselves on top of the Yukon River.
Investigating other reported issues.

[ external image ]

@xTHANATOPSISx Was that rainbow effect at the interections at Coldfoot? Apart from the three T-Junctions about 1 or 2 miles up the road from Prospect Creek those are the next ones.
I need to replace/update the crossroads and T-junctions there anyway.

EDIT:
Pump Station 1 : Arctic Ocean Access sign has repositioned itself into the middle of the entrance road.
Pump Station 2 : Fine
Pump Station 3 : All the Lights seem to have detached themselves from the refinery prefab and moved all over the place and block the entrance. (This should not happen)
Pump Station 4 : Fine, there is a floating lampost but not in the main prefab.
Pump Station 5/Prospect Creek : Fine apart from a couple of terrain appearance issues.
Pump Station 6 : Terrain issues and a tree blocking sign.
Pump Station 7 : Fine
Sag River Station : Fine
Flow Station 3 : Fine
Happy Valley Airstrip :Fine
Wiseman : Some pink houses. These are old FLD houses. Im slowly getting rid of things from FLD and just staying with SCS models and prefabs as well as my own.
This should bring the size of the models and Materials files down in size when completed. The ProMods McDonalds will stay.

NOTICE:
Guys Im going to have to replace some old prefabs at Coldfoot and a couple of other spots and do a conversion of the Summer Map to Winter again.
Then I will check everything again in Devcam mode which takes about an hour or more from Fairbanks to Deadhorse.
Should hopefully have an updated Winter Map out by the weekend.
Only thing I can think of is maybe when the map did a recompute before a final save something went haywire and caused some of this to happen.
Other issues such as terrain/trees are things I need to address anyway.
As such I have removed the download link from the main post on the first page until I fix these issues.
One good thing though is that you will be getting a new Winter Map with all the updates I have added over the past week or so.
Hmmmm I should remove the fishermen and boats from the next Winter version lol.
I will also do my best to make it openGL compatible. No Promises though.
Last edited by hawkbs on 21 Jun 2022 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
xTHANATOPSISx

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Issues 21 June 22

#3339 Post by xTHANATOPSISx » 21 Jun 2022 11:55

@hawkbs I don't explicitly remember where I had those rainbow textures show up. I've seen them a number of places. I'll have to see if I can dev cam to a few and give specifics later. Off to work shortly.

All my issues were on the Winter map. I don't think I've actually ever used the summer version. If I have, not more than once.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Issues 21 June 22

#3340 Post by hawkbs » 21 Jun 2022 15:19

Dont worry about it Ive got to replace those prefabs between Prospect and Coldfoot anyway, plus I need to redo the Winter Map as per above.
Again thanks for the report. Those were some pretty major bugs.
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”