[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
BicycleBill327

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.45 Both Maps Update 7 Aug 2022

#3481 Post by BicycleBill327 » 30 Nov 2022 00:48

sticklebrick wrote: 29 Nov 2022 21:51 If anyone is willing to explain how it's done I would love to be pointed in the right direction as to what file/s and lines of code therein I need to alter to affect an increase the daylight hours on the winter map.

This is because Hawkbs gives you the full immersion, and rightly sets the daylight hours according to the real-world - and at this time of year Deadhorse is in 24/7 darkness. Let it be said that If I'm driving alone I am more than happy with this arrangement, I'm all for the immersion.

But sometimes I like to stream this map on Twitch, especially now we have convoy mode! And in that scenario at least a few hours of daylight per day is way more practical, hence my query. :)
Try Grimes Winter Weather mod on the Summer map. I've done it and no issues in 1.45. Place it above the map mods but leave the chain mod above all.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.45 Both Maps Update 7 Aug 2022

#3482 Post by hawkbs » 01 Dec 2022 07:36

sticklebrick wrote: 29 Nov 2022 21:51 If anyone is willing to explain how it's done I would love to be pointed in the right direction as to what file/s and lines of code therein I need to alter to affect an increase the daylight hours on the winter map.

This is because Hawkbs gives you the full immersion, and rightly sets the daylight hours according to the real-world - and at this time of year Deadhorse is in 24/7 darkness. Let it be said that If I'm driving alone I am more than happy with this arrangement, I'm all for the immersion.

But sometimes I like to stream this map on Twitch, especially now we have convoy mode! And in that scenario at least a few hours of daylight per day is way more practical, hence my query. :)
Try editing the env_data.sii in the DEF folder.

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
env_profile : env.data {

lamps_on_elevation: 20.0

day_in_year: 193	//summer solstice
	summer_time: 1		//summer time +1h

}
}
It doesnt matter what weather mod you use the map will still use climate.dalton.sii and the weather in the nice and bad files in the climate folder, as climate.dalton is burnt into each sector of the map when its is built in the editor.
The map looks for climate.dalton and will throw errors if it cant find it.
The two files in the climate folder contain good and bad weather settings controling temperatures, rain, wind etc. Dont try edit these manually, as this needs to be done in the map editor and the files are saved to an extracted base folder in the game folder not the mod folder itself.

Changing the day of the year and summer_time to 1 (for summer) or 0 (for winter) will change the amount of sunlight you get.

You can find the best times here https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fairbanks then grab the day number from here https://nsidc.org/data/user-resources/h ... y-calendar

Seeing as weather mods such as Grimes contain an "env_data.sii" they work but the game still loads the climate.dalton.sii files

So my suggestion would be in your Mods folder create a folder called "Daylight" or whatever, then another folder called def then in the def folder with notepad create a text file and rename it to env_data.sii then copy and paste all the text from the code box above and edit the day_in_year and summer_time sections as you see fit.

Also in the base Daylight Mod folder create a text file and call it manifest.sii and add in the following

Code: Select all

SiiNunit 
{ 
mod_package : .package_name
{
package_version: ""
display_name: "Daylight Mod"
author: "authorname"
category[]: "map"
icon: ""   
description_file: ""
compatible_version[]: ""	

}
}
Where it says icon: "" you can put in the name of a jpg file if you want i.e. dalton_daylight.jpg but make sure you include an actual jpg file in the folder.
description_file: "" can be whatever i.e. daylight.txt and just say something like Changes daylight on the Dalton.

So you have your Mod Folder containing your New Folder named whatever, inside that you will have manifest.sii, a jpg if you chose and a description txt file as well as a def folder. Inside the def folder will be your env_data.sii
Thats it.

No need to zip and rename to .scs as the folder will load you just need to place it at the top of the load order.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
sticklebrick

#3483 Post by sticklebrick » 02 Dec 2022 03:19

@hawkbs This will do very nicely sir! Thank you for such a comprehensive reply. You sir, are a true gentleman.
hawkbs

#3484 Post by hawkbs » 04 Dec 2022 11:40

Just spent basically my entire day and a half off fighting errors to get these parked tankers working correctly.
Spent a good hour looking for a suitable font for the K&W Trailer with a font image search. Not much to go on with K&W at all apart from a google street view image of the trailers in the yard.
Cannot find any other information or pictures but they are part of a larger company.
These are just the Carlile and K&W Small Chemical Trailers atm, I still have the long chemical tanker and both fuel tankers to do but should be quicker now.
Made a couple of silly mistakes but thats what happens when you are falling asleep editing things lol.

I only want these two companies spawning in here not just random ones, hence why I chose to make custom Parked Trailers, which swap in and out with each other.
One minute its a Carlile, next its a K&W trailer.
Had to go into Blender and import the default trailer then redo the UV Mapping to get these right or they would have ended up one side just being a reverse direction instead of being the same each side.
The Carlile one though I can get away with but not the K&W so that was fun as I came across a new error to deal with I hadnt seen before which had to do with unticking a setting of the reflection strips material.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
hawkbs

#3485 Post by hawkbs » 05 Dec 2022 09:16

So this Company Browser thing seems to crash the game with the map. I had to reboot the PC due to it locking up completely and there was nothing in the game.log.txt I could see
and only SCS can decode the crash logs.
Unfortunately I cant find any information on modding the Company Browser or what to do with other files if needed. Have checked the modding wiki, ProMods Forums and their Discord.
Until there is more information available Im not going to touch it and I will say to everyone DO NOT USE it when I release the 1.46 version of the map.
You have been warned!
[ external image ]
BicycleBill327

#3486 Post by BicycleBill327 » 05 Dec 2022 19:53

Most of the time outside of Fairbanks there are only one or two loads so like real life I just haul whatever I can pick up. I won't be using the company search option anyway. Currently hauling an abandoned load from Bettles to Fairbanks using the Haterbilt 389 which works great in this map. At least I didn't get stuck this time on the Bettles road. :lol: Still my favorite map mod.
Attachments
ats_20221125_163011_00.png
Last edited by Madkine on 06 Dec 2022 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed broken image tags
hawkbs

#3487 Post by hawkbs » 06 Dec 2022 07:46

@BicycleBill327 Glad you are enjoying it. Yeah gotta be careful on Bettles runs lol. It was worse when I had snowdrifts in there.
Just incase you didnt know you can also use the same profile on the Summer version, as Im pretty close to finishing the new area in Deere St and Aspen St.
About to do a test drive to see if I get any errors but hopefully I can release by the end of the week.
[ external image ]
BicycleBill327

#3488 Post by BicycleBill327 » 06 Dec 2022 22:52

hawkbs wrote: 06 Dec 2022 07:46 @BicycleBill327 Glad you are enjoying it. Yeah gotta be careful on Bettles runs lol. It was worse when I had snowdrifts in there.
Just incase you didnt know you can also use the same profile on the Summer version, as Im pretty close to finishing the new area in Deere St and Aspen St.
About to do a test drive to see if I get any errors but hopefully I can release by the end of the week.
I started this new profile with the summer map which I really enjoy then just swapped out to the winter map files. I was in the summer map hauling a lowboy and got stuck several times. Good thing I have devcon enabled. :lol:
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.46 Summer Map 8 Dec 22

#3489 Post by hawkbs » 08 Dec 2022 10:07

Summer Map Version 1.46

Alot has changed in this version and it was aot of work, hence the delay since the game update to 1.46.

The whole area around where Carlile in Fairbanks is located has been redone completely.
Added in Carlile's Fuel/Chemical Depot.
Added in Carlile's Truck Shop.
Moved Plaster and Sons, Mack, Freightliner to more suitable locations due to the revamp.
Changed the roads and speed limits for them to be inline with the real world.
Added in the roundabout at Danby St and Wembley Ave. (This was challenging)
Changed the intersection at Danby St and Johansen Expwy.
Changed the intersection halfway between Farmers Loop and Goldminers.
Reworked the Steese along that way.
Added in a new company with new jobs, Air Land Transport. Its is located across fom the Carlile Truck Shop.
Fixed a reported sign issue just north of the Wiseman turnoff.
Added purchaseable Carlile Fuel Tanker Skin.
Added in K&W as parked tankers to Carlile Fuel and Chemical Division.
Please note other companies might show up as well at this stage I havent had time to redo all the different size tankers as parked vehicles.
Blocked off certain areas currently being worked on and those that have nothing past them. Added invisible walls as well.
Added in some fast food trailers one at the parking area past Hilltop and the other at Hotspot Cafe. Also added people in these locations.

Anything else I have changed or added I cannot remember.

The Winter Map will come in due course as I have yet to import the new map to it and the def changes, new parked vehicles etc, as well as changing the materials to Winter
that are burned into the map.

Reminder : Winter and Summer Map Profiles are cross compatible with each map.

Please report anything out of the ordinary here as usual.
Any crashing issues etc please dont forget to include your full game.log.txt as it is needed so myself or others can help you.

Load order has not changed it will always remain the same.

ECONOMY RESET
Due to a new company and map rebuild etc there is an Economy Reset.
Please finish any jobs you do not want to lose before installing this version.

Download from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1twgmpl ... sp=sharing
Link has been updated on the first post in this thread

WARNING!
DO NOT use the Company Browser you will lock up your game or CTD.
Until modding information is available it is beyond my control.
You have been warned!

Also please note you might see some vertex errors due to DX11 in your game.log.txt
This is not game breaking and I have not been able to discover what is causing it.
More than likely an old file of mine to do with parked vehicles and reflections.
Will try fix it later.
[ external image ]
Fury6

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.46 Summer Edition 8 Dec 22

#3490 Post by Fury6 » 08 Dec 2022 21:00

Awesome job as usual hawkbs.

Having an issue with articulated low-loader jobs at the Peterbuilt dealership prefabs where there was a tractor-trailer combo parked crossways right on top of the park-up slot (at the A1 dock in this case, which meant this vehicle would have also blocked out docks A2 & A3 at the least).

Specifically this was the new Peterbilt dealership in Fairbanks. Didn't even have enough room to straighten out the jeep by jack-knifing the tractor - even with the low-loader bumper right to the dock. Someone needs to call that driver and tell 'im to move his bloody vehicle!
--

[edit]
Also getting another issue (since even with the previous version) where the AI will ram into the rear of the articulated low-loaders when pulled up onto the dispatcher activator on many prefabs (seems related to prefabs being placed at a road termination). What will often happen is that they will stop behind you when you're pulled up just fine. Then once you move off to go find your pick-up they'll start moving off and completely ignore the trailer, accelerating right into the back of it.

I'm assuming it has something to do with the player driving off the road termination causing the AI to become unaware of the player from that point on. Perhaps the road would need to terminate further back from the prefab entrance to allow for the longer articulated trailers?
---
Let's see... take-offs = landings, it's been an ok day.

Return to “Maps”