[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Liggy66

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Cargo Fix 29 June 22

#3371 Post by Liggy66 » 01 Jul 2022 04:03

Fantastic results. I dropped the Scaling to 200, reduced the graphic quality on grass and vegetation. Reduced the Mirror distance and my frame rates have jumped to 60+. So Hawks, it's not your map grass that caused my problem with frame rates, just my poorly managed graphic settings Thanks guys...big improvement.
TideTour

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Cargo Fix 29 June 22

#3372 Post by TideTour » 01 Jul 2022 10:09

Hello there. Finally found the time. just updated the summer-map. Heading out from Prudhoe Bay destination Fairbanks. As you can see I have a low end pc, so I simply have to Optimize both win 10 and my pc any way I can. I have the lightest win 10 installation possible ( away with all fancy stuff ), and I've learned to really get the most out of my Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB in the Nvidia Control Panel. Tip: Youtuber "Panjno". Right now leaving Prudhoe Bay I have a very constant 120 FPS. Ingame settings are: Scaling: 200, SMAA: Off, SSAO: Off, Shadows: Ultra/High, Mirrors: High/High/Ultra, Anisotropic: full........ . EVERYTHING else set to low. + g_traffic set to 0.5 for realism on "Dalton. That means I have between 85 - 95 FPS in Fairbanks I quess and 115 - 120 FPS in and around Prudhoe bay. Absolutely no lag or stutter, and the game looks ok with these settings, I think. So for me that will have to do until next year. Then I buy a new pc. I can hardly wait. Really enjoying the summermap. Look out for Wildlife,...... I've seen deer and buffalo on my way. PS: I'm Allways using this setting. Playing ATS/Promods Canada: 55 - 85 FPS, ETS2/ Promods + middle east the same.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
32GB Kingston Fury Beast RAM
Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI OC 8GB Dual
Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
hawkbs

#3373 Post by hawkbs » 01 Jul 2022 10:26

Glad you got it sorted out!
Yeah theres wildlife out there so be careful.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Trucker_71

#3374 Post by Trucker_71 » 01 Jul 2022 13:00

@TideTour what does anisotropic do? I've always set it at about 25% and not really noticed any difference in the game..
TideTour

#3375 Post by TideTour » 01 Jul 2022 15:53

Well, to be honest. I've just followed an expert advice ( Youtuber named "Panjno" ). That works for me. But what exactly anisotropic does is a good question. I've learned by trial and error to squezze every bit of power out of my pc. Next year when I buy a new one ( every 6. year or so, and allway's Intel and Nvidia), I must learn to optimize It all over again. It's an ongoing process. I'm 62, so I have to be on top of this at all times. "
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
Bandit & The Snowman

#3376 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 01 Jul 2022 15:59

"Anisotropic filtering (AF) is a method of enhancing the image quality of textures on surfaces that are far away and steeply angled with respect to the point of view. Older techniques, such as bilinear and trilinear filtering, do not take into account the angle a surface is viewed from, which can result in aliasing or blurring of textures. By reducing detail in one direction more than another, these effects can be reduced."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anisotropic_filtering

It costs some graphics power, so if you're okay with less beautiful graphics, you can turn it down on a weak computer.
TideTour

#3378 Post by TideTour » 01 Jul 2022 17:01

A while ago you mentioned a "road to Nuiqsut". Would that be a new road from "Ugnu Kuparuk Airport" to "Nuiqsut"?
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
hawkbs

#3379 Post by hawkbs » 01 Jul 2022 19:00

Yup it goes west from there and is pretty hard to spot the correct route on Google Maps that leads to the Ocean where the crossing starts.
Its alot of Tundra and water between the two.
From there its pick a path, but I do remember where Alex Deborgorski exited the Ice into Nuiqsut
so thats easy to spot.
Of course it would only be for the Winter Map as irl you can only get there by plane or boat in Spring/Summer/Autumn.

https://www.google.com/maps/@70.2257172 ... a=!3m1!1e3

I am slowly moving up the map from Fairbanks making changes to bring things more upto date and more true to what you would see on the route as well as changing out old mountains.
Nuiqsut will be added in due course. Im not going to give an eta on that at all but it will get done, eventually.
There are a few areas that are in desperate need of a revamp first.
Hoping I can finish the Winter Map Conversion today and post it up. Will either be today or tomorrow.

Edit: not gonna get it finished tonight, its 1.40am and I think its time for sleep.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Both Maps Update 3 July 2022

#3380 Post by hawkbs » 03 Jul 2022 07:29

UPDATE FOR BOTH MAPS

Winter Map

Sorry for the delay. Had to convert some newer textures to Winter.
Also converted Materials folder to be OpenGL Compatible. Think I got em all. Any issues with OpenGL let me know please.

Another reason for the delay was having to go all the way along the highway from Fairbanks to Bettles to Prudhoe checking prefabs and terrain.
The Winter Maps terrain shows alot more issues than the Summer Map. i.e. holes, overlaps etc etc all of which I had to adjust as well as check for things not in their correct place.

Removed the sign at the end of the Bettles Trail that is in Bettles. For some reason it changed itself and I could not recall what it was supposed to say.

The Winter Map is now upto date with the Summer Map, besides certain things which are Winter Specific.

Added in Load Order Pictures to the RAR File.

Removed some unused files.

Download here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/17qS9wB ... sp=sharing
Not to be reposted or linked on any other site.

Summer Map

Merged in Cargo's from hotfix to this version.
Added in the correct prefab name for the Mine in Fairbanks. You can now get jobs to and from it.
Added in Load Order Pic to the main RAR File.
Removed some unused files.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NDmwwe ... sp=sharing
Not to be reposted or linked on any other site.

PLEASE NOTE: There will be an ECONOMY RESET. Please finish your jobs before using these.

IMPORTANT: DELETE ALL Previous versions of the Dalton Files first!

Edit: I am now going to take a break from the map while we await 1.45 to be released. I will be working on compatibility between the maps and beta during this time only.
I will still be around but no more updates for 1.44
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”