[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
AussieTrekkie

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Update 13th June 22

#3321 Post by AussieTrekkie » 18 Jun 2022 04:20

Is there any chance that the map zoom can be fixed? I can't see any of the map north of Pump Station 4 when looking at either World Map, Quick travel and the Load selecting map.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Update 13th June 22

#3322 Post by hawkbs » 18 Jun 2022 11:16

@AussieTrekkie You running any other mods at all? If so what are they and whats the load order?
Ive got no issues here with the map zoom nor scrolling in any of those modes and can scroll from Fairbanks to Bettles, Ugnu-Kuparek Airport and Prudhoe Bay/Deadhorse.

Heres the current Quick Travel Map from Fairbanks and Fox area all the way to Deadhorse and Ugnu-Kuparek. Not gonna do screenshots for every mode though.

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
AussieTrekkie

#3323 Post by AussieTrekkie » 18 Jun 2022 12:22

@hawkbs I'm running a number of mods, Here are screenshots. It starts at the bottom of the list and works up.

Also I was driving out of Deadhorse for Coldfoot and all the road signs that say the distance to Fairbanks, Turn headlights on and the others were all in the middle of the road not on the side.

Load order 3.jpg
Load order 4.jpg
Load order 5.jpg
Attachments
Load order 2.jpg
Load order 1.jpg
AussieTrekkie

#3324 Post by AussieTrekkie » 18 Jun 2022 12:25

Last screenshot, I couldn't get it into my last post.
Load order 6.jpg
hawkbs

#3325 Post by hawkbs » 18 Jun 2022 13:26

@AussieTrekkie Ok one of those mods is going to be causing the issue with the zooms by having either a map_data.sii or an old game_data.sii file or both of those files in its defs folder.
You would be surprised what folks put in some mods they shouldnt.
Which one it is I do not know. It could be several mods causing it. Some of your screenshots have broken links.

What I suggest to do is take out all those mods and load only the Dalton files. Make a test profile for it. Then check the Map. All should be fine with that, I have checked both the Winter and Summer Maps.
Once youre happy that is working, enable one or two of the other mods at a time and then check again. Rinse and repeat till you find out which mod/s are causing it.

I noticed you have two physics mods loaded. One will overwrite the other so one is pointless loading. The Winter Map has its own slippery physics file, which can be quite deadly if going to fast. (The Winter Chains also have their own Physics file to get more grip)
Dont know if Jazzycat has my country files so dont know if his traffic mods will work correctly.
Anyway you will have to discover the mod causing the issue cause its not the Map.

As for the signs, damn they eluded me after I did a batch replace on T-junctions. I must have missed those but next post will be a fix.
Last edited by hawkbs on 18 Jun 2022 13:47, edited 4 times in total.
[ external image ]
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Update 18th June 22

#3326 Post by hawkbs » 18 Jun 2022 13:35

HOTFIX for Winter Map

This fixes some signs in the middle of the road coming Southbound out of Deadhorse.
Please delete the previous "Dalton_Elliot_Hwy_Winter_Map_1.44.scs"
and replace it with this one.

Link Removed see here for details. viewtopic.php?p=1708017#p1708017

Thank you @AussieTrekkie for reporting it.

Link for hotfix also added to first post in this thread.

Also please note that the next Map Update will be a Summer Map version as I am working on some changes atm.
Will post more at another date.
Last edited by hawkbs on 21 Jun 2022 03:34, edited 2 times in total.
[ external image ]
AussieTrekkie

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Update 18th June 22

#3327 Post by AussieTrekkie » 18 Jun 2022 13:52

@hawkbs I made a test profile and just put in the Dalton files and the map zoom worked fine.

Looks like I will have to take out all the other mods and put them back one at a time until I find the one causing the issue.
I'll let you know what happens.
hawkbs

#3328 Post by hawkbs » 20 Jun 2022 03:28

Some upcoming changes I have been working on with the Summer Map. More to be changed as I go along and these will all be added to the Winter Map later.
Its easier to do this in the Summer Map as everything isnt so blindingly white.

All you tree huggers out there who have been bugging me to change the trees, I have done some research. https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DO ... 320147.pdf
In Alaska the Native Trees are as follows.
Western Hemlock, Mountain Hemlock, Alaska Yellow Cedar, Mountain Cedar, Sitka Spruce (Alaska's State Tree, Dark blue-green needles), White Spruce, Black Spruce, Shore Pine (Sea level to subalpine), Tamarack, Paper Birch, Balsam Poplar, Quaking Aspen, Red Alder and Scouler Willow.

We dont have all these tree types/families available ingame yet. Nor do all of these grow in the areas between Fairbanks and Chandalar Shelf (upto last known Spruce Tree sign) However as you will see in the screenshots below I have started replacing trees with the following.
Co sub-alpine confifers mix 1 - Covers Trees as close as possible I cannot find.
Birch Mixed - Obvious
Co Blue Spruces Mixed - Covers Sitka Spruce.
Tx Salt Cedars - Bushes

As there are only three slots available for vegetation in the editor on roads, Terrain and Bezier Patches, I may play around with combining some of these into a profile of their own.
That will allow me to free up the slots available.
Anyway these trees you can now see in these screenshots.

The road between Fairbanks and Farmers Loop has long bugged me as it just was too short and steep. I have gone back into Google Maps and the other one I use for elevations as well as watched a few vids,
and have now adjusted it to be alot more accurate.
Farmers Loop has also had a little bit of a workover. Across the road from Sourdough Fuel Station is a coffee shop/take away. I have added as close as possible something to represent that.
Next to that almost is East Farmer Loop Road Transfer Site, so I have moved Western Star to that location. One because that is a large spot and secondly due to the GPS.

Also added in a mining area as there is one there on Google Earth. I might make it a custom company (not sure yet) as irl it deals with Peat and Top Soil going off the sign on the road that leads to it.

Anyway onwards and upwards, enjoy the screenshots.

Road going to Farmers Loop from Fairbanks
(yes that centre part is asphalt, for u-turns irl)

[ external image ]

Road going from Farmers Loop to Fairbanks

[ external image ]

Farmers Loop Redone

[ external image ]

Anyone want to go Fishing?

[ external image ]

Mine added.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#3330 Post by Optional Features » 20 Jun 2022 07:51

I see those Colorado trees, so I'm happy! That's probably the closest we'll ever get to Alaska until SCS does their own version (if they ever do).

Keep up the great work: I'm rewatching IRT to give myself some motivation to play this map. I need to make the full run on winter mode at some point haha.

Return to “Maps”