[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
TideTour

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Issues 21 June 22

#3341 Post by TideTour » 23 Jun 2022 10:44

I want realism,....... .What is that?,..... . I want the urge of having to make yet another can of coffee, lighting yet another unhealthy cigaret, chewing one juicy chewing gum after another, sticking my head out of the side-window, playing insanely loud music, squezzing the steering wheel so that the knuckles turn white,... all of that just to stay awake while driving. I want the feeling of scouting desperatly for an opportunity to take a pis, or simply just the relief of making It to the next truckstop in time............... . This map gives me all that and much much more. I'm 63, .... one year from retirement. Now I know what I'll be spending most of my time doing. From the bottom of my heart, ...... Thanks to you "Hawkbs" and all the people helping you to keep this second to none map alive.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
32GB Kingston Fury Beast RAM
Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI OC 8GB Dual
Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Issues 21 June 22

#3342 Post by hawkbs » 23 Jun 2022 13:21

@TideTour Glad you are enjoying it so much. I will be adding more rest stops along the way as there are alot I missed out on. All in due course though. Busy replacing all these old T-junctions and crossroads atm with upto date ones before converting to Winter and checking to see
nothings gone haywire. (Made sure I did a backup as well just incase.)

Im constantly discovering new things that need to go in as well but that will come as time passes by.
Some older areas will get revamped as well. Finger Mountain is definitly on my hit list. However want to get that road towards Nuiqsut finished and then added to Winter for the ice road crossing to it.
I was going to try work on it this week then got the report of those bugs so had to throw it on hold.
Also got a couple of prefab models Im doing in Blender, but those are gonna take time to finish as well.
Safe travels, and an empty water bottle sometimes helps LMAO.
Oh and yes Ive nodded off a couple of times driving it, especially in the Winter Version.
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Trucker_71

#3343 Post by Trucker_71 » 23 Jun 2022 13:31

Thank you for your renewed effort on this project. As always, real life takes precedence, so don't burn yourself out. Thank you @hawkbs. ;)
TideTour

#3344 Post by TideTour » 23 Jun 2022 15:08

I have made a trip from Fairbanks to Prospect Creek on the winter-map, and I entcountered the issues mentioned in other posts. For now I will stay on the summer-map. I haven't tried that before. First trip Fairbanks to Prospect Creek, second trip Prospect Creek to Pump Station 2. And now I'm starting the big one,... Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay. No issues that I know of so far, except for one save that would'nt work just after Pump Station 4. Took the save just before and the problem was solved. I've really enjoyed the summer-map so far. You really feel like driving in "the land of the midnight sun". The sky is very colourful and sometimes very beautifull. I'm only using "Real MoMo Steering"mod, the most used sound mod, and "SISL's Mega Pack" mod. That should be okay, I quess. 2 Questions: 1. Can I use a "Real Polar Night-Time" mod for the winter-map, and a "Real Polar Day-time" mod for the summer-map, If such a mod exsists. 2. Allthough the sky most of the time looks very nice, ..... . Would It be possible to implement some kind of "Northern Light" effect? P.S. Of course I know how to take a screenshot, but I must learn how to get the exact position when I come across something.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
Bandit & The Snowman

#3345 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 23 Jun 2022 15:49

"Northern light" = Aurora borealis? I guess that would be hard to achieve... unless static, not animated.
TideTour

#3346 Post by TideTour » 23 Jun 2022 20:20

I'm testing the "actual day / night.time" mod by "Erbkaiser" ( updated once a week ) on my way to Prudoe Bay. Seems to work just fine with time-zone set to full info.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
hawkbs

#3347 Post by hawkbs » 24 Jun 2022 02:28

Day and night times are set for specific dates with the weather for those dates taken from timeanddate.com.
The correct Map Origin Coordinates also need to be set in the Climate.sii. Those are Latitude and Longtitude.
If they arent set correctly then the whole weather system/day and night can get messed up.
The Timezone info in Gameplay Options doesnt affect it only the GPS Display.

Also the Map is looking for the specific weather profile that is burned into each sector. If it doesnt find it then you might get buggered up sky textures.
Using other mods wont do anything but change the Map Coordinates and skybox textures thus giving the wrong sunrise and sunset. It wont point at the correct climate profile
but the map itself will still search it out. Could get errors in log from it.

As for Northern Lights I have tried it before however it needs to be done with the Skybox.
Finding the right images at the right resolutions that are HD is not an easy task. I was working on creating them myself in photoshop
however I havent finished nor tested at all.

Edit: Found my psd file so will quickly play around with Northern Lights.

This is probably the best I could do but it isnt animated.
If SCS made another skybox inside the skybox that could run animated video then yeah you could have animated Northern Lights.

Bear in mind these images arent the quality you would see ingame

[ external image ]

or

[ external image ]
Last edited by hawkbs on 24 Jun 2022 09:14, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Optional Features

#3348 Post by Optional Features » 24 Jun 2022 07:17

Yeah, I love the attention this map is getting as well: are some of the old mountain models getting phased out like the trees were? Just curious: I know this is a tremendous project.

My limited time in the editor has shown me that I belong modding other games.

Thank you!
hawkbs

#3349 Post by hawkbs » 24 Jun 2022 09:13

Yeah will be replacing the ugly old mountain models as I go along. If I can get these T-Junctions and Crossroads finished I will try change them for this next release/update.
[ external image ]
TideTour

#3350 Post by TideTour » 24 Jun 2022 13:01

I hear you, Hawkbs. "Actual day time" mod removed for good. As for your little "Northern Light Eksperiment". I think It looks cool. Only you know If It's worth the effort.

Last working day driving my Mercedes diesel city bus. From monday and until retirement a year from now I'm gonna be driving an "Ebusco" electric city bus. It drives fantastic, It's allmost completely silent and It accelerates like a rocket. Am I happy, ..... well. Am I ungrateful, ...... don't think so. Just feeling a bit old right now, I quess.

I Thank god for "Engine Sound", "Gallons", "ATS" and "The Dalton & Elliott Highway Extreme".
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f

Return to “Maps”