[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Issues 21 June 22

#3351 Post by hawkbs » 24 Jun 2022 14:16

Yeah the coords the default game map uses are set to what looks like Maple Hill, Kansas. Generally most mods use that setting.
Mines set in Fairbanks itself, so its correct for the map.
There is another setting though that uses parallels but I doubt thats used for it cause if thats the case the default game map is set to Baghdad.

Summer Map is set to July 12th 2021. If you click on the 12th you can see the graph https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fai ... &year=2021
Temperatures are here https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa ... &year=2021

Winter is set for Jan 21 2022 https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/usa/fai ... &year=2022
Temps here https://www.timeanddate.com/weather/usa ... &year=2022
Might have used a different day of the week for the temps due to fog and snow
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Optional Features

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Winter Map Issues 21 June 22

#3352 Post by Optional Features » 24 Jun 2022 16:27

hawkbs wrote: 24 Jun 2022 09:13 Yeah will be replacing the ugly old mountain models as I go along. If I can get these T-Junctions and Crossroads finished I will try change them for this next release/update.
Awesome!
TideTour

#3353 Post by TideTour » 24 Jun 2022 17:00

Very interesting. very useful weather-tools. There is obviously more to map-modding than meets the eye.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
32GB Kingston Fury Beast RAM
Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI OC 8GB Dual
Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Upgrade 26 June 22

#3354 Post by hawkbs » 26 Jun 2022 09:55

SUMMER MAP UPDATE/REVAMP

WARNING - There is an Economy Reset please finish any jobs before updating.

Please replace all older files with the ones in this release.

This is part of the ongoing revamp for the Summer Map.
Unfortunately I still have to convert the Winter Map so it will be a bit longer.
I will do my best to make it openGL compatible. No guarantees though. Theres alot of textures and tobj files to do.

Please note this is an ogoing revamp and there will be more added or changed in the future to both maps.

Updates are as follows.

The road between Fairbanks and Farmers Loop has been extended and adjusted to look
more like its real version with correct heights.

Farmers Loop : Tidied up a bit so it looks cleaner.
Added in the Coffee Shop thats across from Sourdough Fuel
Moved Western Star Truck Dealer to where the Western Farmers Loop Road Transfer Site is located in real life.
This was for the GPS directing people to it on the Steese Highway and not diverting into Farmers Loop.

Replaced over 300 T-Junctions and Crossroads with upto date ones rather than ones marked as "Do Not Use" by SCS

Started replacing older hills and mountains. You should notice this primarily on the Elliot Highway atm.
i.e. the first long sheer cliff face past Pump Station 7 on the left is gone and is now more correct to what its like irl.
Still alot more to replace, it does take a fair bit of time.

Scenery has changed a little I will leave that as a surprise

Added in some Northern Lights. These only appear during clear nights.

Added Colission to Vegetation. Watch out you dont hit trees and rocks now!

Added in a new Company to Fairbanks. This is a Mining Prefab and is located where it is irl.

Added people fishing both in Fairbanks and along the highway going up as far as Wiseman.

All trees have been replaced to match more closely the trees in Alaska between Fairbanks and Chandalar Shelf.
These were researched and I have used what is available as close as possible.

Added in the sign that was added to Mile One on the Dalton added 23rd Sept 2018 : https://alaskahistoricalsociety.org/jam ... edication/

Anything else I cant recall but Im sure you will discover along the way.

Download from : https://drive.google.com/file/d/10DAZ6e ... sp=sharing

Link added to first post as per usual.

If you spot anything out of the ordinary, i.e. signs facing the wrong way, in the middle of the road, terrain holes or anything else
please report it here with screenshot, location and or waypoint if you have one.
Any other issues please check your other mods are not the cause if you have them loaded.

Edit: Oh and have fun!

Cargo Fix

29 June 2022 : Sorry seems I forgot to update the cargo in the Summer Map
Please delete the Defs file from the above link and replace with this one: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VnU3iW ... sp=sharing
Last edited by hawkbs on 29 Jun 2022 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]
Trucker_71

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Upgrade 26 June 22

#3355 Post by Trucker_71 » 26 Jun 2022 13:20

Thank you @hawkbs! ;)
TideTour

#3356 Post by TideTour » 26 Jun 2022 19:22

Fantastic. Gonna update a.s.a.p.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
32GB Kingston Fury Beast RAM
Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI OC 8GB Dual
Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
Geno

#3357 Post by Geno » 26 Jun 2022 20:04

thank you for the update
Mapper - The Great Mid-North Expansion

My discord https://discord.gg/TTKjVX8zMn
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Cargo Fix 29 June 22

#3358 Post by hawkbs » 29 Jun 2022 07:28

SUMMER MAP CARGO FIX

Guys I seem to have forgotten to update the cargo for the Summer Map.
Please see the bottom of this post viewtopic.php?p=1709817#p1709817
or the first post in this thread for the fix.
My appologies, things do seem to get away from me at times.

Please make sure you delete the defs file that was included with the last Summer Update and replace it with the new one.

EDIT: Winter OpenGL Conversion is coming along. I had to do some Winter Textures for the new Trees anyway so killed 2 birds with 1 stone.
Unfortunately the depot for Home Depot has a far loading issue still but I havent changed anything on that anyway. Its to do with the concerete
inside but by the time you get to it anyway it has loaded properly.
Excuse the depth of colour in the screenshot as when Im in OpenGL Mode everything is alot darker for me. Home Depot looks black in this shot
however its just my colour depth in OpenGL. It is fine down on the ground.

Also with the Winter Conversion the Salt Cedars were too bright and light when converted to a Winter look so I have replaced them with
the old models I was using which look alot better. Can see them in the screenshot.
Think Ive converted over 1000 DDS files so far as well as tobj files. Thank god Photoshop has automation built in for scripts so I can convert to tga from dds.
Doing the tobj's was quick with notepad++ just an easy search and replace in all opened documents. Could only do 200 at a time though or Notepad++ has a bit of a fit.

No conversion is needed for the Summer Map as far as I am aware. Anyone has any issues with the Summer Version on OpenGL please let me know.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Liggy66

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.44 Summer Map Cargo Fix 29 June 22

#3359 Post by Liggy66 » 30 Jun 2022 00:02

Hey Hawks,
I have just started using the new Summer Map...it's fantastic. Looks incredible. When I went past Prospect Creek I experienced a big frame drop. I didn't go in there, I just drove past on the highway. It looks like there are new buildings in there that might be causing some issues? My computer is no slouch as I run 3 screens and get a reasonable frame rate everywhere else. Just letting you know.
hawkbs

#3360 Post by hawkbs » 30 Jun 2022 02:06

@Liggy66 Ok will check it out but there arent any new buildings in there. Just the same ones that have been there for nearly 6 yrs now.
Could be the grass more than likely, which I am probably going to change anyway. Will look into it after I have finished converting the Winter Map.

Anyone else experiencing this atm? If so let me know.
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”