[REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.49.1.4 Summer Map Update 28 Nov 23

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
hawkbs

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.46 Summer Edition 8 Dec 22

#3491 Post by hawkbs » 09 Dec 2022 01:34

@Fury6 Ive come to the conclusion that the AI in this game is very much like the morons I see on the roads up here on the Gold Coast, so very true to life. When testing the map the other day I was doing a run out to Fox from Fairbanks and at the Chena Hot Springs overpass a truck came up and a police car followed by another car. The truck and the police car had enough room to pull onto the road and then me, however the d'head ai driver in the other car decided he was going to try come on anyway and ended up hitting me in the rear of the chem tanker I was hauling, thus resulting in me getting a fine for a crashed vehicle. Go figure.
Kinda reminded me about the time I was driving along Olsen Ave here and some learner in a top of the range Audi was in the middle lane and I was in the right. The front of my Territory was about halfway up the passenger side door, all of a sudden I noticed they were pulling into my lane without looking nor indicating. (Probs decided to go to Bunnings at the next lights)
I hit the anchors and just shook my head in disbelief. I see this type of thing every single day on that road as well as people cutting across 3 lanes at the last second to turn, or suddenly decide at the traffic lights in the right turn lane at a red for right turn they want a coffee, cross the solid line (which is totally illegal) and cut across another 3 lanes and the intersection into Starbucks.. Half the time I wish I was a cop getting paid by the ticket cause I'd be bloody rich if I was lol.
Anyway only SCS can sort out those ai issues.

As for the Peterbilt Dealer and the trailer parked across the dock. I'll have a look but thats SCS really. I could take it into blender and shift the drop off point or the parking spot that trailer was in but I would need to see a screenshot of the issue so I can see which to move.
Some of the prefabs were poorly designed imho, i.e. the one where I have Lowes in Fairbanks and also Walmart. Both of those had the company point basically at the entrance to the prefab, which meant your cab would be over the company point to check where the load needs to be dropped, yet your trailer is still out in the middle of the road, thus stopping traffic and the potential for an ai to hit you. I moved those on both of those prefabs to more logical locations.
The alternative is to just skip the parking and not get the bonus.

Take a look at this and tell me where you were trying to get to and where the trailer was parked that was blocking. I have numbered all the spawn points and drop offs.

1. is Unload Easy
2. is Unload Medium
3. is Trailer Spawn Point
4. is Unload Medium
5. is Unload Hard
6. is for Owned Trailer
7. is for parking could be for ai too not sure as theres also a large trigger box around this entire section which is set to parking for player.

[ external image ]

theres a larger image here. https://i.imgur.com/UU3EtHk.jpg
[ external image ]
Quote from Lisa Kelly on Ice Road Truckers
"When you least expect it the road will get ya"
Fury6

Re: [REL]Dalton and Elliot Hwy Extreme 1:1 Scale ATS Ver 1.46 Summer Edition 8 Dec 22

#3492 Post by Fury6 » 10 Dec 2022 13:10

hawkbs,
As far as the AI behaviour vs real-life goes, don't worry I'm 100% with you there (I've survived 40 years on those real-life roads purely on motorcycles - I've definitely seen my fair share of 'WTF's). I just thought perhaps those entrances might have been misconfigured, as per you the player exiting the roadway 'circuit' and dropping off the AI's awareness - where the roadway 'circuit' could be made not to extend as far toward the prefab. If this isn't 'fixable' then it isn't fixable, no worries mate.

As for the dealership, I was using an an articulated low-loader (dolly-2 + loader-3) in the hard parking mode ('g_simple_doubles' parameter reset) so I know this is an issue even in the vanilla game (rarely gives me problems but occasionally just can't park in the designated slot). If this isn't something you can tweak or is too much PITA then, again, no worries I will just deal with it for the few times it will happen on average - All good.

On that image - #5 was my delivery slot, #3 was where the vehicle 'trailer' was spawned. That put the obstacle at roughly halfway up along the dolly with the loader rear-end butted up against the A1 dock (#5). Nowhere near enough room to get the dolly straightened up even with the PM jack-knifed (I may report this as a bug to SCS, maybe they'll be willing to change the prefab).
--

I understand and agree that getting the overall map progressed is the higher priority, you've done an awesome job of this thing as it is. If these issues aren't an easy tweak then by all means leave it be, they won't take anything away from the pure magic that this map is! :).
---
Let's see... take-offs = landings, it's been an ok day.
hawkbs

#3493 Post by hawkbs » 10 Dec 2022 13:51

@Fury6 SCS needs to swap 1 with 3 there, that would sort it out.
The trailer that is waiting to be picked up for a job would then spawn on 1 not 3.
Its not really a bug just poor design. They obviously didnt think about a trailer being spawned for jobs
and someone doing a delivery and choosing the harder option.
Anyway I posted our entire conversation about this here in the bugs section viewtopic.php?p=1772111#p1772111
[ external image ]
TideTour

#3494 Post by TideTour » 14 Dec 2022 16:58

Hawkbs,
While driving a Heavy Haul Convoy we passed through an area whit very green, very thick and quite high bushes of a kind that I haven't seen anywhere else on the map. A little more than halfway between Livengood Camp and pumpstation 6 ( Aproximately 150 miles before Coldfoot ), the FPS hit the bottom, so that it was almost impossible to drive. It lastet for as long as those bushes were present, and then everything went back to normal.
Well, that was just a little bump on the way. We had a blast of a time on that Convoy. Man and truck were pushed to the limit in a way that only "Dalton Elliot Highway Extreme" can do. We litteraly had to push each other more than once. This was by far the best ATS/ETS2 moment for me in 2022.
Thank you, Hawkbs.
DirectX11
Intel Core i7-13700f
32GB Kingston Fury Beast RAM
Asus Geforce RTX 4060 TI OC 8GB Dual
Corsair MP600 Core XT 2TB PCIe 4.0 SSD
Grizzly

#3495 Post by Grizzly » 14 Dec 2022 21:12

Yeah I had that same experience of the high density bushes tanking framerates, fortunately the area is fairly limited.

Also is it my imagination or did there used to be a truck service centre in Coldfoot? Used to be next to the fuel stop.

I'm enjoying the summer map, I've only driven winter before, thanks for the update!
BicycleBill327

#3496 Post by BicycleBill327 » 15 Dec 2022 03:20

I've had the same issue in that area but then I reduced the FPS hit by removing old outdated mods and any I was not using. My laptop is ok for this but isn't isn't a gaming rig. I have one picked out but first have to save up for it. As for Coldfoot, I couldn't find any there in real life but there is a service shop in Prospect Creek in the game map. Also be aware that hosting a convoy will hit your PC harder as it acts as the server processing all the data between all participants computers. Any mods from 1.39 and older can be moved to a backup folder to see if that helps. I'm hauling dynamite to Deadhorse. It should be a blast.
Laptop Specs: Dell 3505 Inspiron, AMD Ryzen 2.1 GHZ quad core, 16 GB Ram (dual channel) and 2 GB integrated graphics.
Bandit & The Snowman

#3497 Post by Bandit & The Snowman » 15 Dec 2022 08:58

That’s exactly where the new dedicated server feature will help. Put it on the slowest potato you have and your gaming computer will be a mere client, like the ones of the other players.
hawkbs

#3498 Post by hawkbs » 15 Dec 2022 10:26

Could do with a waypoint and screenshot of the area you guys are talking about so I can look into it. Also yeah check your mods are upto date ith the latest game version.
Dedicated Servers will definitely help as long as you are not playing on the same pc as the server. Gotta keep it seperate from the one running the game.
Havent had a chance to play around with that.
Wont be any updates to anything until after xmas. Been pretty busy at work this past week and next week were starting at 1am and probs doing 12-13 hour days so defs not gonna be
doing anything related to any of the maps.
[ external image ]
Indy 5 Hauler

#3499 Post by Indy 5 Hauler » 16 Dec 2022 18:37

Hello, I just updated my ATS and got this mod and drove Fairbanks - Prospect Creek.

No other mods installed.

I have also encountered the FPS drop(70+ to 5 FPS) due to high density bushes, in only one location, here is a screenshot with coordinates: https://i.imgur.com/GE0HXuf.png

Other than that the map works fine despite me not owning several map DLCs somehow (don't have Texas, Colorado, Montana, Utah, Wyoming)

Ran into two unimportant issues

- The first one is I suspect more of an ATS issue than this mod specific one: the HUD - minimap is not aligning properly, the map is oriented correctly as per shadows and time of day ingame - truck is roughtly heading north, but the minimap is showing it heading west: https://i.imgur.com/dRnVE7E.png

Here is how the top of the maps looks when parked in Bettles: https://i.imgur.com/ZEjw9yc.png

- Often right-hand terrains when heading north don't have collision and truck falls through the ground when driving like a maniac and overtaking on the grass. Does this really need fixing - depends on who you ask probably :D

The map looks so much better now with new thinner trees, can't wait for the Winter version.

I hope you can find a way to enjoy the holidays hawkbs!
hawkbs

#3500 Post by hawkbs » 17 Dec 2022 23:39

@Indy 5 Hauler Thanks for those screenshots and waypoints. Will take a look and see if I can see anything in the editor and logs.\
I do have animated animals in that area, so Im wondering if anything might have changed regarding those. Will also take a look at reducing the amount of foliage there to see if that
is the cause.

As for your ingame map and the GPS Map thats to do with your gameplay settings. I think sometimes these can get reset as I have had to reset my graphics options etc a few times.

You need to goto Options then Gameplay and make sure you have the following

[ external image ]

The falling through the terrain issue has been brought up before, I dont know about other map mods having the issue but Id assume there are some that might.
I will do a search, however this has been brought to my attention before and I would ask that you see the following post and the replies from Vinnie, Horseman and myself.

viewtopic.php?p=1715997#p1715997

As for the Holidays in my line of work thats a myth. I will get Xmas Day and Boxing Day off and New Years Day thats it. Havent had a week off work in over 2 years apart from when I got Covid which was mandatory 7 days off and self isolation by law.
[ external image ]

Return to “Maps”