LTL and Multistop Realism

thebatguy2000

LTL and Multistop Realism

#1 Post by thebatguy2000 » 01 Sep 2016 12:25

I believe ATS is missing a core part of the trucking experience. How about making LTL (Less then Load) or Multi Stop Shipments?

As an example: I pick up a full load of Cheese at Bushnell, now I must deliver this to several Walbert's, Eddy's, Tidbit's etc stores. Every time I drop freight off (1-6 skids etc) or pick up freight the weight is dynamically adjusted and I continue to the next stop. Full loads could easily still be in place for distribution centers, or have multiple stops as well. This is easy to do with van loads as no other animations would be needed. Flatbeds might require dynamic sections so pieces of pipes or other freight would disappear as freight is delivered.

Eventually I would love to see multiple stop freight hauls with multiple types of cargoes which again adjust weight and perhaps show multiple cargoes on flatbeds. (Vans would not require anything but weight changes) If there are 16 skid spots on a flatbed then it would require each "skid spot" to be a separate cargo (designation or animation spot), if that makes sense. Therefore you could have a stack of say roofing shingles take up one half of the truck and another half have lumber instead.
Last edited by Flemming V on 01 Sep 2016 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attachment removed. Please host your pictures at an external host..
Xaagon

Re: LTL and Multistop Realism

#2 Post by Xaagon » 01 Sep 2016 23:24

I would love to be able to do LTL!
nater6540

#3 Post by nater6540 » 26 Mar 2022 19:55

Xaagon wrote: 01 Sep 2016 23:24 I would love to be able to do LTL!
Same
nater6540

#4 Post by nater6540 » 26 Mar 2022 19:55

Pick up and delivery is only half the equation when it comes to LTL trucking, there’s also line haul as well.
Optional Features

#5 Post by Optional Features » 26 Mar 2022 20:19

Incredible that the original post from 2016 is suggesting something similar to what I discussed in my node based load system thread.

Would be nice if an idea like that would at least get some dev attention (publicly) with reasons why or why not, but oh well.
Viper28

#6 Post by Viper28 » 27 Mar 2022 01:54

once again, it would be nice for SCS to monetize the development of cargo and industry **extras**. Kind of like addons to the map: you spend a certain amount of money and you get a certain amount of new cargo, industry, and support for said industry. Like, the new product, new prefabs, trailers to haul it ect. And this extra revenue might help open the door for THESE cargo packs to feature more innovative graphics like filling product, more dynamic prefabs/industries.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Optional Features

#7 Post by Optional Features » 27 Mar 2022 05:26

Viper28 wrote: 27 Mar 2022 01:54 once again, it would be nice for SCS to monetize the development of cargo and industry **extras**. Kind of like addons to the map: you spend a certain amount of money and you get a certain amount of new cargo, industry, and support for said industry. Like, the new product, new prefabs, trailers to haul it ect. And this extra revenue might help open the door for THESE cargo packs to feature more innovative graphics like filling product, more dynamic prefabs/industries.
Well, the node based cargo system allows modders and SCS to create cargo packs that will work universally with trailers.

So instead of a Volvo construction dlc that only works with scs lowboys, these cargo packs would work with any trailer that had cargo slots.

Then SCS could sell a number of cheap cargo packs covering a wide range of items. There could be a construction pack that has porta johns, rolls of rebar, light towers, machine buckets, trench stabilizers, etc. Or maybe a farm pack that has half a dozen implements. Charge like $3 each for them and make one per industry. They could easily whip up a bunch of these, and release them on maybe a bi-monthly cadence (with a bit of hype surrounding new packs).

But again, this system is dynamic and modular so players are free to choose how to load cargo and what trailers to haul it with.
Seaking

#8 Post by Seaking » 29 Mar 2022 15:50

I like that a lot, the whole thing, especially the node based sytem.
Viper28

#9 Post by Viper28 » 02 Apr 2022 04:24

In reality most if not nearly all of the stuff on this cargo topic isn't going to come, and for that matter nearly all the stuff in this section of the forum. it's like perfecting a salad; there's only so much you can do with it, because....., it's a salad. :lol:
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
Optional Features

#10 Post by Optional Features » 02 Apr 2022 05:46

Seaking wrote: 29 Mar 2022 15:50 I like that a lot, the whole thing, especially the node based sytem.
Thanks! Hopefully SCS will make it a reality.

Return to “Feature Wishlist and Suggestions”