ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Mahonski

Re: ATS/ETS2 Local Radio

#401 Post by Mahonski » 13 Feb 2022 16:13

Thank you, Koen for local radio! But it really don't work together with Smooth Interior Camera v2.0.
It's very important as it smoothly centers the cameras and has presets for me.
Is there a way to avoid program conflicts?

The error is that the simulator crashes when you press some hot keys on the local radio (it crashes either silently or with an error).
I am not familiar with it, but my guess would be to disable the overlay.
More details, please.

In the video below, a small example of how the cameras work smoothly.
The main thing for me is the smooth centering of the camera by pressing one button.
But you can, for example, hold the button to turn your head, and release the button to get smooth centering.
https://youtu.be/kwzxgxnbQ9c
woniu

#402 Post by woniu » 13 Feb 2022 16:36

@Mahonski you need to Press pageup or pagedown key right after loading screen in ets2 then it works after that.
Mahonski

#403 Post by Mahonski » 13 Feb 2022 17:09

@woniu
Thank you, sir.

I have ATS but it that doesn't matter. I got it on the 10th try :oops:
I had to reassign devices and keys for that (buttonbox). In the process of this, there were errors, the radio did not answer at all (all keyboard and controller keys). Maybe I pressed these keys somewhere wrong.
But now it seemed to work. I need to test it tomorrow, I hope I don't have to constantly reassign keys.
Koen

#404 Post by Koen » 14 Feb 2022 21:02

@Mahonski What I meant with disabling the overlay is that in the settings.json file there is a line that says "overlay": true; you can change that to false. This is the overlay that shows up when you change stations. However, I gather from the follow-up message that that does not seem to be the issue.

Like I said, I am not familiar with Smooth Interior Camera, nor am I particularly interested in it either as I use headtracking. Local Radio uses trickery to work, I assume Smooth Interior Camera does as well, and I would not be surprised if that clashes.
woniu

#405 Post by woniu » 15 Feb 2022 07:39

@Koen actually disabling overlay fixes crashing. So it is something with overlay..
BlueG6o

#406 Post by BlueG6o » 27 Feb 2022 07:42

Thank you @Koen for this awesome mod. Makes it so much more realistic.

One question, is it possible to write some bat file or something to start your mod + open the website in one step when starting the game?

I´m not as good in doing something like that so that i can´t do it by myself.
Koen

#407 Post by Koen » 27 Feb 2022 13:07

Probably, but that's not my forte either. I'd assume something like (untested):

Code: Select all

ETS2 Local Radio.exe
chrome http://localhost:8330
(As a .cmd, not a .bat)

You might have to add a delay between the two if the browser starts to quickly.
BlueG6o

#408 Post by BlueG6o » 27 Feb 2022 14:33

ok thank you, i´ll try it later. :)
Koen

#409 Post by Koen » 23 Jul 2022 18:16

For those where the app crashed on Android 12 - it should now work. New permission models are always a joy.
psioter

#410 Post by psioter » 05 Aug 2022 16:43

Hi!
I encountered a problem with the mod. The server URL seems to be wrong - I can't launch the mod in any of my browsers. It says that the waiting for connection was too long. I've noticed the issue about a week ago, waited for it to be fixed, but unfortunately nothing happened. Did your server's address change?

Return to “Others”