accerelation question/problem

harbiston

accerelation question/problem

#1 Post by harbiston » 03 Jul 2017 18:20

i played MP with my friend and I have volvo 750hp and 12+2 gearbox meanwhile he has scania with 730hp and he always is faster than me, even if he has heavier cargo than me. i dont have speed limit or anything like that, is this computer perfomance problem? or my pedals because when i hold them down on settings they arent like maximum from the deadzone thing, in eed to turn it off so it would go further(or smth idk how to explain)
??????
help
Max
SCS Software

Re: accerelation question/problem

#2 Post by Max » 03 Jul 2017 20:12

acceleration depends mainly on engine torque and transmission and differential ratios, but both truck have similar performance.
maximum speed depends on engine power, rpm and transmission and differential ratios. transmissions (overdrive!) are comparable as is engine power, but volvo has lower rpm limit set by manufacturer.
Nobody can tell you anything about it. Those who know about it aren't allowed to talk. And those who talk know nothing.
harbiston

#3 Post by harbiston » 03 Jul 2017 21:39

so if i would play scania and tune it up so much as possible i would not stay behind him like 500 km all the time? i am having 24/7 pedal maximum and i barely can reach 120km/h (or when i do, its very fking slow) and he is already 140km/h no problem
Grimples

#4 Post by Grimples » 03 Jul 2017 22:30

I have been trying the Allison gearbox for Scania & it pulls away a lot quicker than the other engines i have used, ask him what gearbox he is using. There are a few topics on the forum discussing the Allison gearbox if you are interested.
Blackspots

#5 Post by Blackspots » 04 Jul 2017 19:38

The thing to remember is that the Volvo 2012 FH used to be the fastest because it had an RPM limit of 2500RPM (I managed to get the truck to 181kph at one time). SCS later changed the RPM limit to the real life 2000RPM, which lowers the max speed of the truck to something like 160kph, which is what the OP is complaining about.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
BK Vissers

#6 Post by BK Vissers » 12 Jul 2017 13:50

:lol: :lol: :lol: ^^

I guess I feel the same way when people complain about the speed limiter being forced on in WOT contracts. It doesn't bother me, really. Ok, in ATS one has some justification, as it keeps you below the permissible speed for trucks in Arizona and Nevada, but I find even if I can drive at 80mph legally, it's not really all that much fun. The truck/trailer doesn't feel completely stable - at least not at the realism settings I use.

Hey, everyone can play how they want, I'm not for stopping them. I just don't really appreciate the fun in it. What I do find peculiar is complaining that trucks are behaving like...well..trucks.
Axel Slingerland

#7 Post by Axel Slingerland » 12 Jul 2017 16:45

yiannis wrote: 12 Jul 2017 12:53 Why on Earth would you go so fast on a TRUCK SIMULATION game?? There are a lot of games that you can run like hell, F1, Dirt, etc...
In my opinion, a better question would be "Why not?" If you paid for the game, you can play it however you like.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Blackspots

#8 Post by Blackspots » 14 Jul 2017 02:02

yiannis wrote: 12 Jul 2017 12:53 Why on Earth would you go so fast on a TRUCK SIMULATION game?? There are a lot of games that you can run like hell, F1, Dirt, etc...
The only times I cared about going this fast was to get to the location of a convoy in multiplayer and I'm on the other side of the map.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Axel Slingerland

#9 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Jul 2017 05:25

yiannis wrote: 13 Jul 2017 20:37 Sure but this is not the way it's meant to be played.
I hate to tell you this, Mate... But you're taking this game a little too seriously. It's meant to be fun. You do not have to follow real life traffic laws. It's a game. It's meant to be played however you want to play it.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Wolfi
Beta tester

#10 Post by Wolfi » 14 Jul 2017 06:50

I will say it that way - if you play the game all by yourself (singleplayer) you can do whatever you want - you can wear jeans on your head and put a 99999hp engine and drive upside down for all I care. But in multiplayer they should force more life-like rules. Hard coding a speed limit of 90km/h in MP mod would instantly get rid of 50% of the people who cause accidents and ruin the "fun" for all those around them.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.

Return to “Gameplay Questions”