accerelation question/problem

CobraBlue6

Re: accerelation question/problem

#21 Post by CobraBlue6 » 14 Jul 2017 18:42

Trucks are limited to 56mph (90kph) in the UK as well.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#22 Post by Wolfi » 14 Jul 2017 18:45

IonutL wrote: 14 Jul 2017 16:31But what if someone wants to drive a realistic made truck at high speeds? Not a car, not a F1 monopost, nor a motorbike nor a van nor even a tank, then what would be the game for those people?
This one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRAXgmeSvfo :P
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Axel Slingerland

#23 Post by Axel Slingerland » 14 Jul 2017 22:47

yiannis wrote: 14 Jul 2017 10:35 I am just expressing my opinion that happens to be the opposite of yours. But i am not forcing you to play like this. At least this wasnt my intention in the the first place and i am sorry if i sounded like i am trying to enforce my opinion.
That was my point... That is exactly the way you were coming across. It's ok, I don't mind. But some people do. And that is why I always remind people that how someone plays is their own choice.

BK Vissers wrote: 14 Jul 2017 11:42 I think sometimes when people ask "why would you do that?" they really mean it as a question, Ax. ;)
Yep. That's why I reply with an answer. When someone asks me "Why would you do that?", I answer with "Because that's how I play the game." Everyone has their own idea of what is fun... But isn't a sentence followed by a "?" always a question? I flunked English, so I'm speculating here... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
FlyingPigeon

#24 Post by FlyingPigeon » 16 Jul 2017 22:36

CARL1992 wrote: 14 Jul 2017 16:34 even in real life you cant drive faster then 90kp/h with a modern truck because they are factory limited and no one will unlock it for you because it is law enforced with the 90kp/h
You can buy remote control magnets mount on gearbox and thereby disable the limiter plus the tachograf, or you can slap a homemade manual magnet on and get same effect, this is ofcourse very bad for the trade and very illegal, although still practicsed by quite a few companys, sadly.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
natvander
SCS Software

#25 Post by natvander » 16 Jul 2017 23:18

This whole discussion is moot if the player is trying to do something that the game isn't intended to do (from the start the OP states that he uses MP, which is a mod). I get the whole argument that you can play however you like, you paid for the game etc etc. However...I didn't buy Hearts of Iron and expect intergalactic warfare, or Colin McRae Rally and expect to be able to drop kids off at school. I didn't buy games in the Wargame series expecting to see Camel Sopwiths, or be able to directly control a tank. I didn't buy Steel Division expecting to fight in North Africa or the Pacific. I didn't buy Cities Skylines expecting to tackle the problems of low gravity colony construction on the moon. So why would someone buy Truck Simulator and expect to be able to race trucks? It's not Truck Racing Simulator, it's Truck Simulator and tho it's not in the title, everything in the game points to the sim representing the player hauling loads between companies and making a profit. If a mod (or your own game playing style) allows you to do those things then great. But, if in using such a mod or playing style your game experience isn't what you expected, you can hardly say there's a problem with the game.

The real question shouldn't be why can't my truck go over xxxkm/h, or accelerate as fast as that person's truck in multi player. The question should first be what is SCS' design intention for the game, and then is the player going beyond the game's design. And if so, the answer should be just that - you are playing beyond the intentions of the game.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
BK Vissers

#26 Post by BK Vissers » 16 Jul 2017 23:58

^^Yup.
Blackspots

#27 Post by Blackspots » 17 Jul 2017 00:20

@Bocaj: Or you can get a ECM reader and change the speed limiter to something higher.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
Axel Slingerland

#28 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Jul 2017 00:21

natvander wrote: 16 Jul 2017 23:18 I get the whole argument that you can play however you like, you paid for the game etc etc.
If you "get it", that sure was a long winded way of saying the same thing over and over again. All you are doing is saying the same things other people have said, just in a different way. [ external image ]

You're definitely right about one thing... This whole discussion is moot. You're never going to convince anyone who likes to drive fast not to, and nobody who likes to drive fast is ever going to convince anyone who thinks they should obey real life traffic laws in a game not to. So why keep going on and on and on about it?

Let it go, Mate.
[ external image ]

SiSL
SCS Software

#29 Post by SiSL » 17 Jul 2017 00:34

yiannis wrote: 13 Jul 2017 20:37 Sure but this is not the way it's meant to be played. It's like buying a pair of jeans and wear it on your head. Yes, you paid for it and yes u can wear it on your head but come on...
^^ I loved that :D
Axel Slingerland

#30 Post by Axel Slingerland » 17 Jul 2017 00:55

I would say that I don't buy jeans. But then somebody would just tell me I have to, and we'd end up going back and forth about that too... [ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “Gameplay Questions”