North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

flight50

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6231 Post by flight50 » 26 Dec 2022 17:56

There is a huge difference between 3-4 state dlcs vs 3-4 map dlc's. Map dlc's can be multiple states. Currently we are getting individual states. The reference I know I've used before is sticking with only 2 map releases a year...Summer and late fall. But within those 2 releases, SCS can bundle (2-3) states together to make larger maps. I'm all for more than 2 states a year, but no so much more than 3 ATS map releases a year. I've said way back when Oregon released that ATS needs a minimum of 3 map teams to get more of the US done faster. We now pretty much have enough for 5 map teams (enough for 10 per team). The problem that everyone has to remember are ETS2 map releases. They also have to release so the adds to the stress of testing and marketing and getting that out plus whatever comes for ATS. The more ATS individual states, the more deadlines. Don't meet a deadline and it pushes everything else. Or just to meet a deadline, something gets cut for day one and comes later.

Just seems much much easier that ATS stays on the time slots they are on (excluding Wyoming that came later than June/July). For the most part, ATS can stick to June/July and then Oct/November. ETS can slide into the Q1 area which is Spring to get it out just before the Xmas event. That's a ton of work to close out the year. Just come back first of the year and crank out the ETS2 dlc for Q1. That is 3 slots during the year as is. So just do more states per dlc per time slot for ATS seems easier and you have less deadlines to worry about in ATS.
VTXcnME

#6232 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Dec 2022 18:52

So I look at 3 map DLC's per year as a maximum... that'd be possibly upwards of 6 states at once (assuming a limit of two states paired together). States sold singularly, but sold in tandem with others (not bundled per say, just sold concurrently) As has been pointed out to me by Flight and a few others... with multiple state maps being developed at the same time, I understand what they are talking about now. I still don't see Texas sized DLC coming out again, simply due to the major size of it all at once. Logistically, Dev-wise, as well as QA-wise that feels like a really big ask unnecessarily. But who knows?? (Answer-SCS: and they aren't sharing their plans).

I still maintain that each of the remaining 'big states' will be individually priced, just released in tandem with another adjoining state. That logic would allow them to push OK/KS out as one map DLC sold at regular asking price of $11.99 each, which is the price we're paying for DLC now. And while I understand there is less geographical features in these states, they still will take a team time to produce. They still require painting/design/coding. To be done right, it's still a semi time consuming process to lay out that road network, the plains, the towns. 75,000 square miles still needs to be created from nothingness for these big squares. All that said, there is still four separate teams working on four separate states... there's gonna be more DLC available for release faster. Only when they get into smaller states east (despite them being 'denser' than west) do I see bundled states being released as one DLC. Then maybe there being two DLC's released in tandem. Like Louisiana/Arkansas being once map DLC and Mississippi/Alabama being another, both released in tandem, so a total addition of 4 states DLC in two tandem releases.

I still stand fast to the square milage number per DLC price point. So while Oklahoma and Kansas might get released simultaneously they will sell for $11.99 each as they individually meet the square mileage per DLC size of 70,000 sq miles or larger. When states can be combined into one DLC (Alabama and Mississippi for example) to make a combined 70,000 - 90,000-ish square mile DLC, will the price remain $11.99 for the DLC price point, as it meets a square miles per DLC benchmark/standard. Hopefully what my thoughts are clearly stated. It's been a long month, and I'm a bit fried.
flight50

#6233 Post by flight50 » 26 Dec 2022 22:57

Yeah I hope they don't try producing another Texas sized dlc. At least not for the US. They will have to for Mexico and Canada if they get that far. But for the US, Oregon, Colorado, Wyoming sized dlc's would be the best target to keep the maps. Slighter larger wouldn't be too bad but exceeding Montana's size for dlc's is pushing it. (2) Montana sized dlc's would be for Summer and lat Fall would be ideal. They might have to go with 12-15 mappers per team though to kick out Montana sized maps though. But it sounds like the capacity is there now. Most of the US is about to be a ton of vegetation terrain wise. Easier than the West. As long as the asset team is solid, they can stay ahead of the mappers.

Were are about to see a different type of pace though. 1) There are a lot more mappers than ever before and 2) No more Rocky Mountains. There are some rock formations sprinkled around but nothing like the West. The rebuild team will upgrade the older mountains while the paid map team kick East. So we are going to see how SCS storms thru the US now that we are completely in the Great Plains. They have more mappers and a lot more experience. 2023 should be interesting though.
Koliva

#6234 Post by Koliva » 08 Jan 2023 15:30

I think Oklahoma will come after 1.47 Kansas Future From 1.48 Nebraska Future from 1.49 Note=Will Be Added To Nebraska's Steam Page After Oklahoma. Besides, 3 Map Packs Will Be Released For Ats This Year.
27 June 2022: Some gas station signs added in the 1.45 Open Beta are named with the abbreviation OK, indicating that Oklahoma will be coming at some point in the future.

27 June 2022: Some gas station signs were added in the 1.45 Open Beta, indicating that Kansas will be coming at some point in the future.

27 June 2022: Some gas station signs were added in the 1.45 Open Beta, indicating that Nebraska will be coming at some point in the future.

Alone Next Year, South Dakota And North Dakota Will Coming In 2024. Also Maybe Kenworth Trucks And Peterbilt Trucks Will Come Until Then
I Love Trucks🚚🚛
Trains Buses Planes 🚌🚈🚝🚅🚄🚂🚃🚋🚎🚞🚊🚉🚍
Tanks So Flight Much🚟🚠🚡🚁✈️🛫🛬🛩️
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
TheAmir259

#6236 Post by TheAmir259 » 09 Jan 2023 00:21

Do you not know that's what he is?
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Vinnie Terranova

#6237 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Jan 2023 06:58

The way he talks makes me wonder: is he some kind of spambot?
Trakaplex

#6238 Post by Trakaplex » 09 Jan 2023 18:32

He tries to shove his reasoning down our throats. Next thing he will do is try to overformat his text.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
Vinnie Terranova

#6239 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 09 Jan 2023 21:19

In some posts he is already doing that...
CharlesVanNes

#6240 Post by CharlesVanNes » 10 Jan 2023 01:47

I cannot even get out of this post! Or is that just me? Anyway to stop getting updates from this discussion? I tried to unsubscribe but...

Return to “General discussion about the game”