North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

JohnMc19

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5601 Post by JohnMc19 » 21 Dec 2021 21:40

I went for Louisana just on diversity as we'll be heading to GP with parts of Oklahoma and other GP states coming in the next few years so Louisana will break that mould. I'm looking forward to the GP states with little teasers of Eastern Colorado, Wyoming and with upcoming Montana. I saw that Kansas might be difficult to sell with no Kansas City and not having Wyoming's Natural beauty. I've seen Flight50 mention ICC alot and I'm with that 100% so Kansas selling point could be a dlc pack like we got with Washington. So maybe with Kansas we can get a farming pack like how we got forestry pack with Washington, just a suggestion. I'm seeing a few posts on the further east we head the trouble SCS might have with scale etc.. Just a little suggestion again with upcoming cities and towns near the east coast we could have maybe 2-3 depots per city/town and few depots further out but connected to that city/town. Hopefully by then we would multi drop offs when I'm driving around the current map I'm always looking at potential drop offs that are not currently available as drop off, we could get smaller prefabs heading further east.
interstate trav

#5602 Post by interstate trav » 22 Dec 2021 00:19

I’m still for Kansas and Oklahoma but I have to admit Louisiana will be exiting to get New Orleans.
flight50

#5603 Post by flight50 » 22 Dec 2021 00:22

Kansas would be an awesome state to do a farming dlc actually. I'd totally encourage SCS to do just that. If they start now, we could have a solid 12-18 cargoes ranging from def files to 3d models. It's totally possible referencing the Agricultural thread in my signature. I was hoping Montana would but Kansas/Nebraska may need it more. Montana can sell itself. I bet Oklahoma comes after Texas/Montana. So if Kansas is on the menu then, a more concentrated farming dlc helps it a lot.

With that farming dlc, 2 depots that are must haves is a farm equipment manufacturer and a farming equipment reseller. That would justify a farming pack as well as making Kansas more attractive. For that pack I'd go with more cargo for hoppers, dumpers, tankers, flatbed, lowboys and if not out by then, bring on step decks. Step decks would go great with Agriculture and the construction industry.

edit:
Vermont. I like Brattleboro. Its slender and stretches along I-91 nicely. I like exit 1 and I like exit 3 a lot. Cool roundabout. We can use Brattleboro Ford, C & S Wholesale GrocersLong Falls Paperboard, if we get landscaping in ATS by then, I like Walker Farm along US-5. Iberia got some tree with root balls. Something I had posted as cargo for Landscaping here. Nice to see one of the games get this. There are plenty of nurseries and horticulture depots in the US that can bring this to ATS. Ehrmann Dairy and Cersoimo Lumber Co. Considering everything would be a bundle for NE, going across state lines doesn't matter in this case. So the Walmart that is actually in New Hampshire, that can tag to Brattleboro as well.

Honorable mentions for Vermont...some what ifs, Miller Farms, Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant, Country Kitchen Bakery and Runnings.

I looked into Brattleboro a bit more than I should have, lol. I see several depots for several Vermont cities though. All the cities that could be marked, all have real good industry. I really hope the food sector in ATS really takes off well before NE. There should be a lot of fill in companies for food by time the US is completed. A ton of options can open up industries in the US for several branches in certain industries imho. I'm actually struggling to find a reason to add Rutland though along with US-4 with it. The gap (below map) bothers me but its not like we don't have similar sized gaps thru out the map already.

There are so many options for roads the further we go East. The best part is that East of I-35 is tree wall land. This is one of the best ways we could get density into the East for roads that run close to another.

For Vermont, I'd add in Newport/Derby area. That gets us much further North on I-91. Northern Vermont seems too spacious and the fat part of the state should be filled out more. I'd try to spread things out in New England, yet make it dense at the same time. Balance is what I'd like to see. Anything that is 30+ miles apart can fit. Nampa/Boise, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Spokanej/CDA....those are all about 30 miles apart. Each of the cities on the map below...on average is about 60+ miles apart. That is double what Nampa/Boise and company are. With curvy roads, I don't think SCS would have space issues.

New Hampshire, I think a little more gets in too. Portsmouth for sure as its off I-95. I'd go Hartford/Lebanon as they are off I-91 @ I-93. Hard to miss those if we get those interstates. I think Concord/Manchester is like Tacoma, Olympia and Seattle. I'd mark Concord and absorb Manchester as scenic but should get 1-2 remote depots to Concord. I'd skip Nashua as its of I-93 and is avoidable unless we got US-3. Gorham could make it being off US-2. From I-91 to I-95, we'll need something marked and Gorham fits the bill if we are lucky to get US-2 the full length. Now to me, Keene doesn't make the cut as marked. It goes scenic but could get a remote depot to Brattleboro. Brattleboro to Keene is about 19 miles apart. As marked, that's too tight. If we get I-91 and US-202, its a tight fit if Keene is too big so its better off as a pass thru type town.

I like Littleton in NH as well. It is 65.4 miles from Newport, VT. Easy fit. Especially with the curve in the road. Littleton gets Northern NH covered as it gives us something between Newport and Hartford/Lebanan along major interstates. The easiest thing to guessimate is what road would SCS more than likely do. Then plot your cities along those paths. But I see Vermont and New Hampshire with some density like the below. I got 7 marked cities between just Vermont and New Hampshire. I think we an get pretty close to 18-20 for New England.

[ external image ]
Last edited by flight50 on 22 Dec 2021 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
interstate trav

#5604 Post by interstate trav » 25 Dec 2021 04:29

Kansas will definitely help with Farming and also with extending the 70 and all. I’m hoping they keep the step map and don’t just rush for Florida.
Shiva

#5605 Post by Shiva » 25 Dec 2021 12:45

I think they will stair step.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#5606 Post by flight50 » 25 Dec 2021 15:01

@interstate trav If I got my way...if SCS has been watching these threads.....the ideal ATS is coming. Let me elaborate. The newest paid dlc's on the menu is Texas and Montana. Both are huge. Both are part of the Great Plains. But neither are what California brings to Agriculture. As the US's number one Ag state, everything needs to start there in California....PERIOD. Fruits, vegetables and nuts. The vast majority comes from California. If California is going to be the glory that it is in real life, the economy in California needs a complete upgrade. Its a base map state which means anything used there can populate the entire game as far a ICC's.

What does California need? Farms. We need a couple of new farms. Bushnell and Sunshine Crops have run their course. They can not suppose all of ATS. I seriously which they were regional companies. Both need to stop in the West. Montana can get them but not Texas. Texas needs an entirely new
set of companies. Agriculture is a very easy and power industry to expand in ATS. I think every region in ATS needs 3-4 farms that are totally different companies per region. The biggest reason is because in states that are heavy on farming, there should be 2-3 farms per marked city where Agriculture is heaviest. Right now we can only have one per city. SCS should get us to multiples per city. The same name companies in the same marked cities bothers me a ton since day one. ETS2 does not have this issue. I can't figure out why they allow it to happen to ATS. That does not compute to me. I have not seen a valid explanation yet that makes sense if one game can do it but the other can't. ATS needs the same exact treatment as ETS2 when it comes to company diversity. They keep calling the games equal but they are not. They both follow different economy models. Sure the company names won't be the same but ETS2 knocks the economy out the water. The prefabs/depots, industries....ETS2 kills it. Sometimes I have to wonder if both games are made by the same developers. The good part...this is all fixable. The question is... will they. Nothing is easily but sitting back doing nothing, is the wrong answer imho. I'd love to think SCS think more of ATS than that. The maps themselves scream passion but the rest of ATS...I can't say the same.

So I hope this base map rebuild and the direction of future dlc's is being re-evaluated for a better economy. ATS can have such a deeper economy and Agriculture is perhaps the biggest one that can branch out. Farms, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers, grocery store chains and logistics to haul them all. There should be at least 10-12 different companies in ATS by now for specific categories I just mentioned. We only have a handful and that is disappointing.

Now to the point I was getting at, lol. Kansas. Yes Kansas should help with farming. What else is there for Kansas to do? Can Kansas give us complex farming depots? I'd love to see farms produce multiple crops and different parts of a farm gives us different cargo. Each part of a farm could bring in totally different equipment. Different crops require different treatments. I think with Kansas being the first state that is entirely in the GPs, farming needs to be a massive operation. It need to be the focal point of Kansas. A farming industry pack dlc would be perfect to boost it. The state should be mapped quite easily compared to others before it. Combine Kansas with Texas, Oklahoma, Montana and California and the Agriculture sector should be double what it is currently. True grocery stores need to come. Kroger, Alberstons, Safeway, ALDI. Walmart is a supercenter, not just a grocery store. We need Target to go along with Walmart as the other supercenter. Bulk whole sellers like Sam's Club and Costco can bring in truck loads of Agriculture. Farm markets would be a nice addition as a new depot. There are always some in cities. In ATS, give us like 3-4 different prefabs and use it for all of ATS. We could get like 2-3 of these per dlc in the largest cities. Make them as common as Darchelle Uzau perhaps. They accept massive amounts of cargo for Agriculture. Farm equipment manufacturers...where are they. John Deere is a pita to work with but SCS can go after a license to get somebody in or make their own parody as usual. But we need a manufacturer to make the equipment and we need a reseller to sell it to the market. HMS is not a manufacturer nor a reseller. They are a repair shop. We need 2 new companies to fill this spot. HMS does not fit the criteria to serve as manufacturer nor reseller.

The further we go East, the more green we get. All this green will start to look repetitive. Routes will become tree walls eventually because that's just how interstate travel will look eventually. That will all pretty much look like one another. The dlc's will have to continuously add to the game to not feel so repetitive. I can foresee many people stating its all the same. SCS is copy pasting. There is nothing new. Between new game play features and new ICCs, they much hold the interest of ATS players during this transition to the busy East. Its going to be even more critical then ever until SCS gets deep into the Midwest like the Great Lake region or the Northeast and Southeast portions of the US. Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota....those are states that will have to be on their A++ game. They are smaller than the West and don't have the large cities in numbers. After Oklahoma's OKC, we really don't have big cities until the Great Lakes and closer to the Mississippi. So something has to entice fans and I think Agriculture needs to take 2 steps forward with the Great Plains.
TheAmir259

#5607 Post by TheAmir259 » 26 Dec 2021 06:02

I don't actually mind with stair-stepping, it is still a gain even if its not a rush to Florida. And the fact you need to take into account as well is that the team has grown, we might no longer have the same waiting time as we did previously for the west and as such, the repetition of the great plains is not something (at the very least, SCS) should be concerned about, I also strongly believe that they will be moving away from a production rate of 2 map DLCs a year, up by one which will be a big change nonetheless, and with how much smaller the following states after the first column (Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Dakotas) the production might even jump higher to 4 or 5 a year. Maybe i'm a little too optimistic but we do not lose much than we gain by stair-stepping, the same value of loss-gain can also be observed in a rush to Florida. My message for SCS is just pick your approach, a speedy approach to the Atlantic at the cost of others (Florida Rush) or a slow-but-steady wins the race (Stair-Stepping).

And like flight50, I also do see more in importance of revamping California first, and throw Nevada into the mix too. Arizona can maybe be done at a slower pace since its better than the former two but regardless, this doesn't mean that the West which is done can be forgotten, as it actually isn't done yet, and California is one of the three westernmost point of delivery especially for the wannabe-supertruckers zooming across USA coming from the East(ernmost point in ATS).
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
interstate trav

#5608 Post by interstate trav » 26 Dec 2021 21:43

Flight50 I agree making California more agricultural along the 5 and 99 will make a big impression. That’s why even Rebuilding Bakersfield is important as well as the 58 is a major connector to other stars and Central a California. All these highways have such a huge purpose. I hope we get more of it all. Yeah Kansas I figure is going to be like eastern Colorado from he west to green and rivers to the next Stateline. People forget that after the a Great Plains there is a lot of green, some might miss the desert. Lol I enjoy right now taking runs from Burlington to Los Angeles just to drive in the zgreat Plains and then be in the Rockies.
flight50

#5609 Post by flight50 » 26 Dec 2021 23:27

Agreed. As we approach the Mississippi, people will complain on how repetitive the landscaping is. That is when the GPs and the West will start to gain appreciation. Right now, not everyone appreciates the diverse West. When all we start seeing are tree wall roads with various trees and shrubs with cities hidden in all the greenery, that is when things will hit people and be like, there is a lot of diversity in North America. That is when people will love traveling East to West the most. People won't like all the same looking green roads either but that is what they'll get. East US will start looking repetitive like ETS2's green roads. Maybe that is perhaps what people want to see if it reminds them of home.
Last edited by flight50 on 27 Dec 2021 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
interstate trav

#5610 Post by interstate trav » 27 Dec 2021 02:39

I completely agree with you because I remember it was let’s do Oregon there’s to much desert and now we have almost the entire desert portion so the green will have the same effect. But with a lot of lakes I’m sure each state will have it’s own exciting feel like they have so far

Return to “General discussion about the game”