North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

krmarci

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5831 Post by krmarci » 04 Aug 2022 21:54

@Sora I would guess "Phase 4" is more likely to come before "Phase 3".
oldmanclippy

#5832 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Aug 2022 22:23

I think it would be a bit weird to say "we're heading for the Great Lakes", but then stop once you get Illinois' measly coastline and call it a day.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
CodArk2

#5833 Post by CodArk2 » 04 Aug 2022 22:53

People tend to be fixated on big cities and heavily populated states. I think they will do like I said tow pages ago and do Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska in 2023, South Dakota, North Dakota and Minnesota in 2024 (possibly with Iowa in there), Iowa (if not in 2024), Missouri, Arkansas in 2025, possibly with Wisconsin if Iowa is already added. then Wisconsin (if not in 2025), Illinois, Indiana + Ohio in 2026, with Michigan coming is Wisconsin is in. I know Pennsylvania and New York are on the Great Lakes but I would expect those to come later as they would need to push through he south.

I think what they want to do is get every state up to the east coast. then they can do one state form the south, one state for the mid Atlantic and one state form the northeast and finish them all at roughly the same time. Given the lack of population in the Dakotas they may be able to get out 4 DLCs that year.

I still kinda doubt that they will be bundling states together into one DLC use yet, most of these states are not small, as I noted, Kansas is almost as big as Utah in size and Nebraska is about he size of Washington. they are also fairly sparsely populated (though not to the extent Montana and Wyoming are).

If they were going to combine states it would be something like:

Oklahoma -stanalone
Kansas +Nebraska = Great Plains
South Dakota + North Dakota = Northern Plains or Dakotas
Iowa + Illinois = Fruitful Plains
Arkansas + Missouri = Ozarks
Minnesota + Wisconsin= Land of Lakes
Michigan + Indiana + Ohio= Great Lakes or Rust Belt (though I don't think they would like this much)

Though I always prefer single state DLCs until they get too small and in my mind that's not until east of the Mississippi River.
Marcello Julio

#5834 Post by Marcello Julio » 04 Aug 2022 23:03

If the scenario is: Davido team (Montana) does Oklahoma and Simon team (Texas) does Kansas and Nebraska and we know the Texas team is around 30 people, it is possible that Simon team will do Kansas and Nebraska at the same time and be a one DLC.
oldmanclippy

#5835 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Aug 2022 23:56

Yeah either KS+NE could be an ETS2-style combined DLC, or they could just release them simultaneously and separately, with a Steam bundle available from launch to lower the price for getting both.
Bedavd

#5836 Post by Bedavd » 05 Aug 2022 01:43

I’ve always preferred they did OK+AR, KS+MO, and NE+IA because of I-29 and I-49 and all the cities on the Missouri.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
oldmanclippy

#5837 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 Aug 2022 02:00

Bedavd wrote: 05 Aug 2022 01:43 I’ve always preferred they did OK+AR, KS+MO, and NE+IA because of I-29 and I-49 and all the cities on the Missouri.
I would slightly prefer that order as well probably. Gives the rework team more time to do I-80 before Nebraska if they go with that strategy as well. I'd love to see the Dakotas soon but I do think working both columns at the same time is better than doing one column and then the next.

Pretty crazy how one day can completely change the forecast for ATS state order.
flight50

#5838 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 02:22

55sixxx wrote: 04 Aug 2022 16:33 Yes, but these states are not by any means large... And both NE and KS have sparse road networks with little big cities. So NE+KS could be bundled up and OK could come as a single (Or NE could come alone with KS+OK bundled up).
fra_ba wrote: 04 Aug 2022 16:43 Per sector calculation, each of OK, KS and NE needs around 8-10 mappers, so it's possible to see the three states. And no these states by no means have sparse road network and actually KS are among top states with dene road network. but I'm not sure about the direction they want to take. Thinking at some point people start to complain about too much flat lands.
Sparse? I wouldn't go that far. This list is in alphabetical order. The actual site is here. For their size, Kansas and Nebraska has 2 of the most lane miles per state. Big cities, no they don't have that but the do have a lot of back roads and its these back roads that I'm looking to bring some decent density for agriculture and manufacturing perhaps.

[ external image ]
flight50

#5839 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 03:09

oldmanclippy wrote: 04 Aug 2022 16:57 Maybe if part of TX team goes to CA for a few months before starting NE, then that could happen. KS team starts right after TX, NE team goes to help out in the base map for 4 months and then starts Nebraska.
This is what I'm thinking and why I said the other day we need about 8-9 doing rebuilds and why we only need 8-10 moving forward considering we have 4 map leads. Pavel confirmed we have over 30 mappers. That could easily be 35-40. Split that by 8-9........and a lot of map could get done.
CodArk2 wrote: 04 Aug 2022 16:58 It doesn't surprise me they are going for the Great Lakes states since it keeps the map boxed, brings in a lot of new industries and people to play the games.

My predictions since the start of this year has been:
2022: Montana, Texas
2020: Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska
2024: South Dakota, North Dakota, Minnesota (possibly Iowa)
2025: Iowa (if not 2024), Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana (if Iowa releases in 2024)
2026: Wisconsin, Illinois (possibly + Indiana), Ohio (+ Indiana)
2027: Michigan,Kentucky, Tennessee. Could see Kentucky + Tennessee and Mississippi + Alabama if they make them single DLCs.
2028: Florida, Georgia, North and South Carolina
2029: Virginia + West Virginia + Maryland + DC + Delaware, Pennsylvania +New Jersey, New York,
2030: New England, possibly first Canada/Mexico map.
Hmmm. This is a very interesting order actually. It goes South to North then North to somewhat South and then focus on the Great Lakes and then back South. Only issue is they lose boxed map if they expand East from the Great Lakes without filling in some of the South below Iowa. Its going to be interesting on how they go about it. But Pavel did mention going along route 66 so I understand the theory. I wonder if the plan at this point could be to get thru the Great Plains and use lets say I-80 as the center and build North of I-80 and South of I-80 simultaneously. That would put the Northeast as the first 2C2 route. Its somewhat could make the map centralized. If they used I-80 as the corridor and spread away from it, we don't still don't get gaps, much of an L-shape and no C-shaped map.

Instead of going with I-10 and I-20 to Florida, the far North and the Far South would come in last and we'd get the busier parts of the US in first. Hmmmm.
Sora wrote: 04 Aug 2022 19:42 Poor Louisiana gets screwed, which I'm a little sad about, but it kind of makes sense. Lousiana's only direct Interstate connection to the Arkansas/Missouri/Illinois/etc. cluster is I-49 in the veeeery top-left, which wouldn't even be especially useful if we get most of US 59 in Texas (as we hopefully will if Louisiana is indeed not in the short-term cards). While it does get US 55, it needs to pass through Mississippi and Tennessee to lead anywhere. And Tennessee's shape is... probably the most problematic state left lol. Honestly, with the new information, I could potentially see this happening before Lousiana solely because of Tennessee lol:
Interesting map but poor Louisiana........this is only based on your opinion with the map you came up with. What if Louisiana was added to your phase 2 (Road to Chicago). Louisiana starts I-55 and I-49 which are part of that equation in the Midwest. I'd actually include Da Boot as phase 2. Its too unique not to, then let the rest stay as in on your map.
Marcello Julio wrote: 04 Aug 2022 23:03 If the scenario is: Davido team (Montana) does Oklahoma and Simon team (Texas) does Kansas and Nebraska and we know the Texas team is around 30 people, it is possible that Simon team will do Kansas and Nebraska at the same time and be a one DLC.
You are forgetting that Patrik is still a lead. He's obviously helping in Texas as Texas needs 2 teams minimum. Once Texas releases, both Simon and Patrik will head up teams somewhere.
angrybirdseller

#5840 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Aug 2022 03:35

:lol: I-80 in Nebraska is 450 miles long while I-90 over 500 miles in Montana. Nebraska got alot road along with Chimney Rock, Sandhills, Platte River valley ties in very well with Eastern Colorado if right cities and delivery depots are picked.

Nebraska will be tasty like Oklahoma with scenery.

Return to “General discussion about the game”