North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

John007

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6281 Post by John007 » 07 Feb 2023 10:55

Kansas is the first state in the Great Plains region game. This is an incredibly atmospheric and cool region. Driving around this region is a pleasure. Moreover, this region is the easiest to optimize in the game because the landscape of this region will not require large computer resources due to the features of the landscape. Therefore, the states of the Great Plains will be especially loved by players who have a weak computer. And if the add-on is less demanding on computer resources, then it will interest a much larger number of people, which means that sales of this add-on will be high. Therefore, it would be cool if the developers continued to release the rest of the Great Plains states. Nebraska is excellent candidate for the next state in the game after Kansas.
angrybirdseller

#6282 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Feb 2023 14:46

I prefer the Missouri and Iowa route in 2024 then Arkansas and Louisiana get the column out of the way then Illinois and Indiana.
oldmanclippy

#6283 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Feb 2023 17:16

I do feel pretty strongly that mixing in at least Arkansas, if not both Arkansas and Louisiana, in 2024 would be a smart move. I am skeptical that the general public will have the patience for KS/NE/MO/IA all in one go, especially since it looks like they will come 1 at a time rather than bundled. And then of course Illinois would be the unavoidable next choice, and besides Chicagoland we have the same story: a lot of farmland with only pockets of other geography sprinkled in. Southern Missouri being the big exception. It'd be like if ETS2 did Belarus + Western Ukraine as the 2019 DLC immediately following Beyond the Baltic Sea. That would have been a poor choice IMO.

Now I would personally be fine with NE/MO/IA following Kansas because it sets up Illinois and I'm super excited for Chicago, not to mention that I've also been to NE and IA in real life and I absolutely love getting states I've been to added to ATS. But I really think it would be smart to maintain some biome diversity as we move east.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#6284 Post by flight50 » 07 Feb 2023 20:31

I'm torn between LA/AR and NE/MO. I'd love to get diverse biomes and keep it intriguing but I also want to get to Chicago asap. I do agree that I think most people would bore out if we got too many back to back GP biomes. There needs to be a break from it. Come back to them later to finish them off.

If Nebraska follows Kansas, I really wished they surround Texas first. Start the next column of states and build up to I-80. One team should be able to pull off LA/AR. That leaves Missouri and Iowa to border Nebraska. Get that in and thennnnn shoot for Illinois. Once Illinois is in, now fill in with the Dakotas, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Evgesha

#6285 Post by Evgesha » 07 Feb 2023 20:40

iowa
wolfedg

#6286 Post by wolfedg » 07 Feb 2023 22:32

While I have a state I am waiting for and it could be shortcutted to, I personally prefer they keep the block style for now Continuing (NB,SD,ND,LA,AR,MO,IA,MN). After that it could be a little less blocky focusing on the deep south first something like (MS,AL,GA,FL,IL,WI,TN,NC,SC,KY,IN,OH,WV,VA,PA) and on up the east coast from there.

Interesting the poll seems to put LA ahead of the Dakotas though. If they go that way then I would say go ahead with the deep south and get I-10 coast to coast. Then fill in from south to north.
Trakaplex

#6287 Post by Trakaplex » 07 Feb 2023 22:53

NE and LA/AR in 2024. Simple. Dakotas if a third team is available.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
cydonianmystery

#6288 Post by cydonianmystery » 08 Feb 2023 00:31

wolfedg wrote: 07 Feb 2023 22:32 Interesting the poll seems to put LA ahead of the Dakotas though. If they go that way then I would say go ahead with the deep south and get I-10 coast to coast. Then fill in from south to north.
From what I've heard SCS want to reach Florida as quickly as possible, so part of me is distantly hoping they will do Louisiana next after Kansas.
Shiva

#6289 Post by Shiva » 08 Feb 2023 00:36

That was the old plan, it seems. Sadly.
Now there been talks of Chicago, or similar? flight50 remembers better.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#6290 Post by flight50 » 08 Feb 2023 00:39

wolfedg wrote: 07 Feb 2023 22:32 Interesting the poll seems to put LA ahead of the Dakotas though. If they go that way then I would say go ahead with the deep south and get I-10 coast to coast. Then fill in from south to north.
The issue with continuing along I-10 is Pavel mentioning the Great Lakes is the direction they are going next. He hinted GL, corn and Route 66 as the hint of direction for ATS. If we can manage to get LA/AK, that would stop I-10 off for the time being and come back once the MidWest has more development going. I do think we need Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas in representing the South. At least get those 4 states in. If SCS wanted to feature the Midwest and Great Lakes regions, the map wouldn't be too bad until you get to Illinois. Once Illinois, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana are in creating almost a straight line with their Eastern border, then it would be a good time to start extending I-10, I-20, I-40 again.

Return to “General discussion about the game”