North Dakota
10%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 578

angrybirdseller

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5711 Post by angrybirdseller » 06 Apr 2022 20:48

France DLC had small roads with small towns that approach would take Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan.

Still have interstates Iike I-35, I-39, I-49, I-55, I-65, I-75 then I-70, I-80, I-90, I-94, but try to favor smaller roads over parallel freeway.

Don't want to many highways like Iberia DLC did in ETS2 get uninformed complaining about too many freeways.

As long as base map getting rebuilt done scs going beyond fanning out from Texas.

I would make deliverable areas far more spread out like France than how ATS is now.
flight50

#5712 Post by flight50 » 06 Apr 2022 23:57

Actually, I think the city deliveries in ATS are fine bunched up as they are. In some cities that can swell to 12-15. 8-10 depots per city is cool for the most part though. Now what I'd like to see is spread out remote depots added to that 8-10 depots. We can could get and additional 4-6 in a 50 miles radius of some cities. That could be in all directions of the city center. A prime example for spread out is continuing CA-99 North of Sacramento. One of 2 things could happen. Mark Chico and make Yuba City scenic. Or mark Yuba City and make Chico scenic. There is only 46.1 miles between the two. Technically both could fit if the cities are not to large. If Nampa and Boise fit, these two could fit too. I'd take both because I'm greedy for ICCs but lets just say we only get one or the other as marked.

For the marked city, we could get 4-6 depots. We could then get 3-4 depots for the scenic city but tagged to the marked one. 46.1 miles allows that nicely with feasible appropriate sized cities. The problem is that only one depot type exist per city. So either we get more new farm companies or we get both cities marked. But that too has a fault. We get the same ole reused prefabs again if both cities are marked. So we are still in trouble. To solve this, we really just need a lot more new companies for all industries added to the economy. The new vineyards company is real nice. We now have 2 of those. ATS only has a handful of companies in which we have at least 2 companies in one industry. When that increases (hopefully to more like what ETS2 has), we can get a lot more remote depots around cities with more company diversity. The cool part about remote depots too is that there is a lot of space outside of cities to play with to add things now and later. Especially for off road type industries. Between crop farming, mining, feedlots, forestry, breeder farms, oil/gas, wind turbine farms, solar fields, landfills, energy plants and quarries....that is some good variety. That's pretty much 11 industries. 11 companies.....not good enough. Each one of those could easily be doubled. Those 11 could pave the way for 22 companies to cover all those. And this is just these 11. There are many more industries that can double or triple the new company names.

As we get deeper into the Great Plains, a lot of remote depots could take place as long as we have a larger pool of companies. For states that we get heavier woods, we can get road density with more depots as well. Don't over do it though so that again helps with more company diversity. Were is Lumber Jill? The new glass plant coming, is that Glasson? Some of those names that floated around for years can now come forth and get activated. As the West gets completed, new regions are about to come. That order is to be determine but whatever the order, each state has to keep players interested. A lot of us will buy those states no matter what. But not everyone willing without feeling the same ole same ole.
oldmanclippy

#5713 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Apr 2022 16:04

Yep I would like to see state highways continue to pop up in future states, even as we go further east where there are gobs of interstates and US routes. Heck even Rhode Island and Massachusetts could benefit from having RI-4 <-> RI-138 <-> RI-114 <-> RI-24 <-> MA-24 to get between I-95 and I-195 and service Newport. With Fall River as scenic.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.6382035 ... 384!8i8192
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.5519557 ... 384!8i8192

Maine we could get ME-9 between Bangor and US-1 for some nice tree walls and a much needed remote feeling out east:
https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8380023 ... 384!8i8192
https://www.google.com/maps/@45.0482259 ... 312!8i6656

In New York I'd like to see a road touch the Finger Lakes like NY-14:
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.7796197 ... 312!8i6656

VT-9: https://www.google.com/maps/@42.8692708 ... 384!8i8192
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
angrybirdseller

#5714 Post by angrybirdseller » 07 Apr 2022 21:02

There state routes like Iowa state route IA-44 it parallel to I-80. It's western scenic byway https://www.traveliowa.com/trails/weste ... way/12/-It - Long Hills to Danish Vistas.

Midwest have alot opportunities to mix in different farms and barns with local companies as well as in historical villages and routes.

I think long hills, lakes, vistas can make big difference in scenery and appeal for future DLC.
Double M

#5715 Post by Double M » 28 Apr 2022 17:27

Until now the cover image of the DLC has been a background landscape, except Washington and Texas (unless they change the cover) in which they have shown a city. As SCS advances in the development of new DLC to the east. Do you think SCS will continue with this trend? Will they continue to use background landscapes or will they focus more on cities for the cover of their DLC?
rbsanford

#5716 Post by rbsanford » 28 Apr 2022 17:58

The cover image is usually an iconic scene that you can tell a lot of work was spent recreating in the game, so I'm sure that more cities will be on the covers as we move into the more urban east. Some states are a bit of a toss-up, though. Take Michigan, for example: the Detroit Skyline would make sense as a cover image, but so would the iconic Mackinac Bridge. It's all about what best captures the feel of the state.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Bedavd

#5717 Post by Bedavd » 28 Apr 2022 18:59

@rbsanford I know it's not your point, but I've thought about this a lot lol.

For a Detroit Skyline cover, I'd do it on the overpass for the I-75/I-375/Gratiot Ave interchange, but then exaggerate the height up to show off more of Ford Field, The RenCen, the Ally Building, and maybe the Penobscot if exaggerated enough.
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.
flight50

#5718 Post by flight50 » 28 Apr 2022 21:15

I agree with rbsandford. It should be of an iconic scene. Which I'd like to know how they came up with Texas's cover. With so much land mass to cover, there is a ton of options. City wise alone they could have also gone with Houston or San Antonio. But I think they were thinking about lil o me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, lol. I don't think all covers will be cities though.
oldmanclippy

#5719 Post by oldmanclippy » 05 May 2022 17:42

rbsanford hit it on the head, it's about what captures the feel/essence of the state.

We got:
New Mexico: Ship Rock from US-491
Oregon: Forest road border crossing with mountain (not sure if it's a specific place or not)
Washington: Seattle skyline from a surface street not in-game
Utah: I-70 at Spotted Wolf Canyon
Idaho: US-93 on the Perrine Memorial Bridge over Snake River Canyon
Colorado: Million Dollar Highway south of Ouray
Wyoming: Devil's Tower from WY-110(?)
Montana: Glacier National Park (presumably, technically I haven't heard of anyone positively identifying the location depicted)
Texas: Dallas skyline from I-30 (I-35E? somewhere at the northwestern part of that interchange)

There's no specific pattern I don't think, except that industry has not featured in any cover yet. Either nature, or a city skyline. Washington and Texas have notable natural areas, and Oregon, Utah, and Colorado have notable urban areas. It's just whatever SCS chooses to showcase.

There's lots of great options for each state, some more obvious than others. These are the ones that come to mind for me (obviously subject to potential bundling constraints):

Louisiana: New Orleans skyline, either from US-90 Business or I-10. A bayou road would also be a good choice.

Mississippi: Dry-docked boat at the Lower Mississippi River Museum on US-61 Business Route in Vicksburg with the Mississippi River in the background. Something that emphasizes riverboats.

Nebraska: Great Platte River Road Archway Monument on I-80 near Kearney.

Florida: Miami skyline, possibly from I-195 depending on which roads are used. Something that shows all the tall buildings along the coast. This will be the state in all likelihood that gets us C2C, so it's important to showcase that.

Missouri: Gateway Arch. Duh. Probably from I-44 north of it. Google Street View agrees too: https://www.google.com/maps/@38.6292362 ... 384!8i8192

Iowa: Des Moines skyline from I-235. Kind of a boring pick, but the most geographically interesting parts of Iowa, the bluffs along the Mississippi River, either won't come until Wisconsin or
Illinois or won't come at all. I suppose a corn field is a viable pick but a bit stereotypical.

Illinois: Navy Pier and the Chicago skyline from Lake Shore Dr / US-41. I think it would be a missed opportunity if that road doesn't make Chicago, but obviously lots of roads will need to get cut in Chicago. Backup plan would be the skyline from I-90/I-94 @ Ohio St. It's gotta be Chicago, most important city in the Midwest.

North Carolina: Wright Brothers National Memorial in Kill Devil Hills with an old fashioned plane flying overhead.

South Dakota: Mount Rushmore. We all know they'll make it deliverable. Embrace it.

North Dakota: The badlands of Theodore Roosevelt National Park from I-94 near Painted Canyon. That, or the World's Largest Buffalo in Jamestown with a herd of Bison in the background. Or the oil fields in the northwest. Or the Lake Audubon Causeway on US-83 to mess with peoples' expectations. Or ND-57 over Devils Lake. Lots of good options.

Washington DC's bundle: Constitution Ave / US-50 with either the White House or the Washington Monument in the background. Duh.

Minnesota: This is a tough one and I'm sure I'll go back and forth on it many times in the next six or so years. Either the Lift Bridge in Duluth from I-35, MN-61 along Lake Superior probably near Split Rock Lighthouse, or the Stone Arch Bridge and the Minneapolis skyline from the 35W bridge. Any one of those choices is a good one, but I'm partial to Duluth or Split Rock. Minnesota has so much to offer outside the Twin Cities from a trucking and sightseeing perspective. Showcase that, get people excited for a new body of water and a new biome (the northwoods of MN/WI/MI).

Pennsylvania: Pittsburgh skyline with all those yellow bridges, probably from I-376 on the Ft. Pitt Bridge

Wisconsin: Probably the Milwaukee skyline from the Daniel W. Hoan Memorial Bridge on I-794 with Lake Michigan on the right. I had a suprisingly hard time coming up with cover options for Wisconsin considering it's my most visited state outside MN.

New York: Statue of Liberty (and possibly the Manhattan skyline as well, but the statue is a must), probably from a surface street not in-game similar to Washington's cover

New England: I'm sure it will be Boston, but I'm partial to something more simple like the coast in Maine, the forests in New Hampshire, the mountains in Vermont, or the coast in Rhode Island

Michigan: Detroit is an integral part of Michigan's identity, but the Mackinac Bridge is too cool to pass up.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Bedavd

#5720 Post by Bedavd » 04 Jul 2022 18:39

Has there been any hints or files in 1.45’s OB pointing at what states will follow Texas?
Check out my Michigan research map!
Check out my ATS IRL map! -> Leave any feedback in my thread!
Kansas added! Up-to-date blog photo locations for upcoming states also included.

Return to “General discussion about the game”