North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 574

flight50

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6271 Post by flight50 » 31 Jan 2023 15:17

^Per the map editor, that is what people are saying. We'll find out either before Oklahoma releases or not to long after it releases. In an ideal situation post Texas, it would be cool if Oklahoma was a June/July release. Kansas maybe an Sept/Oct release and small chance for Nebraska come December. But Nebraska would only be possible if enough people went there after Texas vs going to rebuild.

SCS did hire 13 new people toward the end of last year. If SCS uses the rebuild for training, that allows the more experience newbies that have a couple of projects under their belt now, to stick with paid dlc's. Now we don't know how that 13 was split up between both games but we do know 13 new mappers came. Imo, post Texas, each dlc maybe only needs 8-10 people. If the Western states took 10-12 on avg (excluding Texas and Montana), then surely 8-10 if fine moving East. Davido took his rookie team of 10-11 and gave us a solid Wyoming. That same group did Montana but some from the rebuild came to help to push it ahead of Texas last year.

If the West has more demanding terrain and was done by 10-12.........I think a few less bodies are needed for the GP states for the next few years. That can spare a few more bodies to go to other projects. The further East we go, the smaller and smaller the states get so still 8-10 people perhaps. The states get smaller but more cities and roads. This is, most roads going East are covered with trees lining thee roads so a bit easier to map that.
oldmanclippy

#6272 Post by oldmanclippy » 31 Jan 2023 16:32

2023 with only Oklahoma and Kansas would be less than ideal for sure. It'd still probably be the 2nd most "map-size-advancing" year ATS has had, but they really need to start upping the output, and 3 GP states in 2023 would be a great step in that direction. To me it seems like Nebraska has a good shot at making late 2023, if that's their plan anyways. Those map editor clues aren't definitive by any means. Arkansas could be a late 2023 state for all we know. If we are getting 3 states this year, then Nebraska or Arkansas are really the only good options for the 3rd state. In fact the next DLC after Kansas pretty much has to at least include one of those two states, regardless of when it comes. Missouri before at least one of Nebraska or Arkansas would be a poor decision IMO. Not terrible but not a good plan. Either open up Texas some more with Arkansas, or open up the Mountain West more with Nebraska. Adding Missouri after Kansas would only open up OK and KS the two most recent states, which while good for those states, doesn't do as much for the rest of the map. I really like seeing older maps get new life via connections to new states. After Kansas, I'd like to see Wyoming or Texas get new connections.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#6273 Post by flight50 » 31 Jan 2023 17:01

I agree on opening up Texas more. The best way is to surround it asap. So for me, if I could choose the next three states, I'd go Nebraska, Louisiana and Arkansas. But since Pavel mentioned Route 66/ corn,corn,corn/Great Lakes, I'm thinking Missouri and Iowa in the mix after Nebraska. That creates 2 states that are only connected to its Western border. Not ideal but it works in order to get to Chicago. Then fill in Dakotas and LA/AR later. Missouri and Iowa are dead center East to West along I-80/I-70. Honestly, I wouldn't have objections if it means Chicago is coming sooner than later.

To keep things diverse, Louisiana + Arkansas is a win with Nebraska. We get Oklahoma, Kansas as more GP. People will want some new biomes mixed it vs filling in all the way to North Dakota first before going to the next column of states. Imho, I think Texas will sell even more if its surrounded. Imagine the bundle that can happen with Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana. That is a very attractive dlc for about $30-35 bucks. Louisiana is the most attractive dlc outside of Texas that is possible at this point but SCS seems to have changed gears...................or do those gears actually change once Arkansas and Louisiana are in? I think that works. Mississippi and Alabama can hold until the Midwest develops more. But with Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Arkansas in, that gives us 4 states in the South region. That is enough to hold for a moment until later imo. We'll what comes next once Oklahoma releases and then get a glimpse into 2024 on the Xmas stream this year.
Trakaplex

#6274 Post by Trakaplex » 01 Feb 2023 17:58

Corn, corn, corn. I believe Louisiana would come with Arkansas and that might be early 2024 or something. Arkansas is too small to be an independent DLC, and Missouri seems out of the way. Obviously they're heading north to the Dakotas in general, which may also 2024. I'd say Nebraska is the most likely. I'm also hopeful about it being a 2023 release. The editor did point out Nebraska in the assets, but there no sign of Arkansas besides Simon's Texarkana. People would be mad about I-80 in Nevada if Nebraska is 2023, but that's just how it is. They could use Reforma or something until SCS redoes that area.
Rule 2.3 - GDPR Violation
flight50

#6275 Post by flight50 » 01 Feb 2023 18:18

With the extra capacity SCS has and continues to get for the map team, it only makes sense to me to address I-80 in Nevada asap so that Nebraska is more intriguing along with other states that have I-80. Chicago is knocking on the door step. Nevada is simple enough that 3-4 people could knock it out in phases while the bulk concentrates on Central California. Spreading in 2 directions on the base map rebuild would be nice. I find myself avoiding even the rebuilt stuff in California. Its a pain traveling in Northern Nevada.
Shiva

#6276 Post by Shiva » 01 Feb 2023 22:28

Louisiana and Arkansas?
They can either come as single, or together.
I do hope for the latter.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Izmaragon

#6277 Post by Izmaragon » 06 Feb 2023 16:07

Theyre likely a ways down the line, but the Dakotas have my vote...
My WoT

Show trucks are working trucks, they simply do the same job in a slightly more noticeable and stylish fashion.
oldmanclippy

#6278 Post by oldmanclippy » 06 Feb 2023 16:11

Dakotas could come as soon as 2024 and as late as 2026 I'd say. Most likely 2025. 2024 would mean that they're doing the entire Great Plains column in one go which would be a massive mistake IMO. The Dakotas don't need to be in place before Illinois or even Indiana but obviously if Minnesota is planned for 2027 or earlier, then the Dakotas would need to come by 2026.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Sovereign 89

#6279 Post by Sovereign 89 » 06 Feb 2023 18:20

Voted for Louisiana and Arkansas, since it would be nice change of pace after Oklahoma and Kansas. Although my bet is that Nebraska will slide in before either of those, however I do think Louisiana may come sooner then most of us here expect.
[ external image ] [ external image ]

WB Croatia speculation map
flight50

#6280 Post by flight50 » 06 Feb 2023 18:49

We'll get another state announced this year before the xmas stream for sure. Once Oklahoma release, ATS will need that next state announced. As Oklahoma ramps up leading to its release, I won't be surprised to hear what comes after Kansas. Whatever that may be will set the tone for the next year. 2024 will start laying out the path SCS want to head in.

Honestly I have already been looking into 2024-2025 like a year or so ago. I think that will define how sees the US economy. What ICCs will make it to each dlc. What innovation comes to couple with that economy. Lots of projects in the work and we'll only know info when SCS wants us to know it.

If SCS completes the current column of states first, fine. If the jump to the next column, fine. What I'm interested in if they do complete the current column of states before going East...........where do the start with the next column? Do they go with North to South starting with Minnesota or do they go South to North starting with Louisiana? The only other option is start in the middle and that is Missouri/Iowa. I wouldn't oppose of that either. That's the route to probably take in order to get to the Great Lakes anyways.

Return to “General discussion about the game”