North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 541

_Roger_

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5841 Post by _Roger_ » 05 Aug 2022 06:10

flight50 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 02:22 Sparse? I wouldn't go that far. This list is in alphabetical order. The actual site is here. For their size, Kansas and Nebraska has 2 of the most lane miles per state. Big cities, no they don't have that but the do have a lot of back roads and its these back roads that I'm looking to bring some decent density for agriculture and manufacturing perhaps.
Those road numbers are misleading. Kansas in particular smashes every other state except Texas for rural road miles. That's because the entire state is covered in 1 mile by one mile grids of dirt roads, as is Nebraska south of I-80.
Example, if you make a box near Hays of the I-70, KS-4, US-183 and US-281, that box is around 25 miles on each side, so about 100 miles of road on the outside. For this game, at this scale, is it very relevant that inside that box is 1250 miles of dirt road? I don't think so. Sure, it won't be as simple as if there was no roads inside the box, but them being high on total road miles isn't the whole story.
flight50

#5842 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 06:24

That's why I highlighted the entire row and then circled the total lane miles at the end of the chart..........along with the link so the people can look at the data for themselves. I didn't make the chart.
Sora

#5843 Post by Sora » 05 Aug 2022 06:47

flight50 wrote: 05 Aug 2022 03:09 Interesting map but poor Louisiana........this is only based on your opinion with the map you came up with. What if Louisiana was added to your phase 2 (Road to Chicago). Louisiana starts I-55 and I-49 which are part of that equation in the Midwest. I'd actually include Da Boot as phase 2. Its too unique not to, then let the rest stay as in on your map.
The problem with I-55 (which I accidentally called US 55, which hopefully wasn't confusing since there is presently no US 55) is, again, that it requires Mississippi and Tennessee to actually connect to the midwest, and Tennessee's shape is all kinds of problematic without either Georgia (Alabama if SCS is generous enough to let it have a tiny stretch of Georgia's I-59) or Kentucky accompanying it. And Kentucky is a more ideal approach, because approaching it from the south leaves an atrocious Memphis-shaped gap between Arkansas and Mississippi.

Otherwise, it's just an orphaned stretch, and you know how people are with those after Idaho (which connected two separate chunks of I-84) and Montana (which did the same with I-90.)

I-49, meanwhile, only actually benefits Louisana; its northwest-to-southeast direction ensures that it does not benefit any state west of it in any meaningful capacity. Not to mention that I-49 isn't continuous regardless because Arkansas hasn't gotten around to doing a huge chunk of it.

I want to see Louisiana, and I agree that it's a pretty unique place... but if we're pushing for the Great Lakes now, there's simply no place for it unless it somehow sneaks in with Arkansas.
krmarci wrote: 04 Aug 2022 21:54 I would guess "Phase 4" is more likely to come before "Phase 3".
If anything, at this point I'm wondering if we see "Phase 5" before "Phase 4", actually. Let's say they beeline the Great Lakes and do that whole area. At that point, the northeast is stupidly close to two very important things: the Atlantic Ocean, and New York City. It's actually really easy for me to see that getting prioritized over the southeast, since Florida is a bit less spicy and way harder to get to.

But this is all just spitballing, of course. The important thing is that today's announcement is a huge game changer in terms of speculation... besides the next 3-4 maps (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and presumably Nebraska), obviously, which are pretty much set in stone now.
flight50

#5844 Post by flight50 » 05 Aug 2022 07:22

There are ways around Tennessee and Memphis if that is the only way we get a completed I-55 before Tennessee comes. A chunk of I-55 would be missing yes but its only a minor and temporary detour. I-55, US-278, US-49, I-40 and back to I-55. It sounds like a lot of detours but its not really that bad at 179 miles. We get worse than that with the detours feature active.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Marion/ ... !3e0?hl=en
TheAmir259

#5845 Post by TheAmir259 » 05 Aug 2022 12:40

oldmanclippy wrote: 04 Aug 2022 23:56 Yeah either KS+NE could be an ETS2-style combined DLC, or they could just release them simultaneously and separately, with a Steam bundle available from launch to lower the price for getting both.
This would be my preference. having seen how properly structured ATS is, in that even all trucks are made into DLC form for better track-keeping, i don't support combined states DLC. Unless its 2 DLCs within one DLC, if that's possible somehow, because i know, eventually getting to the northeast its gonna be bundled, but having each state not tied to the other, and be in their own file (regardless of how sales/development are handled for the matter) is better for ATS, and not turn it around to be like ETS2.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Shiva

#5846 Post by Shiva » 05 Aug 2022 23:10

But what if when a state is about 2 map sectors, or even less?
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#5847 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Aug 2022 23:49

ETS2 style map bundle don't care for it with ATS as even though ETS2 map DLC are good there alot less landmarks and assets especially with Black Sea DLC and others before that. Think ATS map sizes for bundles be far less of them. If you build state with 8 cities and road in state road miles are over 3000 miles they can sell it standalone without problems.

Kanasa will be stand alone same with Nebraska even if they release at the same time it better to sell as seperate maps. Texas almost on four years development alone is good reason to sell small chunks.
Quasimoto7

#5848 Post by Quasimoto7 » 06 Aug 2022 01:28

I would just like to point this out for everyone. Go check google maps for this

The Distance between OKC and Los Angeles is 1328 Miles

The Distance between OKC and Washington DC is 1342 Miles.

About dead even. Really starting to enter another phase of this game when Texas is fully released.
flight50

#5849 Post by flight50 » 06 Aug 2022 05:46

Yessss Texas and all the states directly above it are about the halfway mark across the US when using I-35 in San Antonio, DFW, OKC or even Kansas City. I know for I-10 its San Diego to San Antonio and then from San Antonio to Jacksonville is the half way point. One SCS hits the Mississippi, that will be a great milestone.
oldmanclippy

#5850 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 Aug 2022 02:57

Yeah seeing the Missouri River in Montana has been pretty surreal, I can't imagine how nuts it will be to see the Mississippi. I thought Louisiana would have been our first sight of it, now based on Pavel's comments I'm thinking Missouri is more likely. Arkansas would most likely not get us to the River until Mississippi and Tennessee come. But even Missouri wouldn't get us across the Mississippi unless they did East St. Louis. That title could fall to Illinois, or possibly Louisiana if that comes soon. Maybe Iowa depending on how they handle the Quad Cities. No way we get Minnesota before Illinois. Chicago is too big of a prize.

On a related note, I suppose it's possible that Missouri comes before Arkansas. That could get roads from Nebraska, Kansas, and Oklahoma, so it wouldn't make as much of a weird map shape as it seems at fist glance. I think East Texas would suffer in that scenario so I'd like to see Arkansas come first to lay the groundwork, but Missouri is admittedly a more attractive proposition marketing-wise. Kansas City (most likely) and St. Louis. The Gateway Arch would almost certainly feature on Missouri's cover art. Instead of being the Gateway to the West, St. Louis would be ATS's Gateway to the East :lol:
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | NE+AR+MO+IA+LA+IL

Return to “General discussion about the game”