15%

Total votes: 579

Shiva

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6251 Post by Shiva » 29 Jan 2023 11:52

I would have voted for:
Nebraska, Missouri and Arkansas.

If Arkansas a solo map DLC release.

Arkansas only needs Oklahoma to be released.
Nebraska needs Oklahoma and Kansas.
Missouri, needs atleast Kansas and Oklahoma. preferably, but not absolutely needed, Nebraska.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#6252 Post by flight50 » 29 Jan 2023 15:32

Technically, each state only needs the Western state that borders it if SCS is mapping West to East. Ideally yes multiple bordering states would be better. Its always good to get West to East interstates extend. I-10, I-40, I-70, I-80 and I-90 go coast to coast. I-20 and I-94 cover about 2/3's East to West.

I'd even be okay if SCS when all the way North to North Dakota and then went East to Minnesota and then back South. Once they get to Missouri, they are still at the doorstep of Chicago. If they did that route, it would just take while to get I-20, I-30 and I-10 extended East. Butttt if they just go ahead and knock out Arkansas and Louisiana after Missouri, then they can always just jump back up to Illinois and then Wisconsin and fill in West of the Mississippi River with 2 teams and then the team doing Louisiana + Arkansas can then jump to Mississippi + Alabama and keep the combos going.
interstate trav

#6253 Post by interstate trav » 29 Jan 2023 20:45

I’m liking the idea of stacking and starting at the southern state and going North.
Evil_Jason

#6254 Post by Evil_Jason » 29 Jan 2023 21:35

I could see the next 10 states to be released in that order:

[ external image ]
If something is not round, it has then edges or it is broken.
flight50

#6255 Post by flight50 » 29 Jan 2023 22:35

Funny how Arkansas and Louisiana are pretty much the same size as Colorado. It still depends on what all SCS actually maps though. Those 2 really should be bundled unless SCS drops the 11.99 fee for individual states. We can't pay 11.99 for each of those states when Colorado, New Mexico and Montana are much larger and came nicely filled out. Between Arkansas and Louisiana, we are probably looking at about 15-18 marked cities for 2 states that is covered in trees. The cities aren't huge cities either. There's probably only 4-5 cities with more than 100k people between the 2 states. Then there are a few over 50k. There will be tons of tree wall tunnels along with some areas that are open fields of green. Pretty easy mapping compared to the West.
Vinnie Terranova

#6256 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 29 Jan 2023 22:56

flight50 wrote: 29 Jan 2023 22:35The cities aren't huge cities either.
I wouldn't call cities like Shreveport, Alexandria, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans small cities. Those are 5 reasonable to large sized cites. In Colorado we have Fort Collins, Denver and Colorado Springs. The rest of the cities are quite small. So, speaking about cities, if you want to compare Arkansas + Louisiana with Colorado I think Arkansas + Louisiana could be quite interesting compared to Colorado.

Of course those tree wall tunnels will probably quite boring. I hope SCS can be a little bit creative with those tree wall tunnels as the east part of the US have a lot of those tree wall tunnels.
angrybirdseller

#6257 Post by angrybirdseller » 30 Jan 2023 00:21

Iowa, Missouri, Illinois after Nebraska makes most sense as get nice chunk of I-35, and then build states along I-55 and I-65 corridor.

Think scs got future states planned till 2025 anyways or at least strategy to use.

I believe Texas going to be rework while building Oklahoma will definitely get Oklahoma and Kansas this year. The rebuild of base map see bits and pieces overtime it harder to predict.
oldmanclippy

#6258 Post by oldmanclippy » 30 Jan 2023 01:01

Nebraska could still slot in for November 2023 if Kansas is an August/September map. We'll just have to see. Could get announced after Oklahoma releases in May/June.

As for the states following them, I like Missouri/Iowa/Illinois. Possibly Indiana too in 2024. Get to another megacity then backfill the Dakotas and LA/AR in 2025. Then surround the frontier with MN/WI/KY/TN/MS/AL before moving on to the Rust Belt, Mid-Atlantic, and Southeast. Then finish with the Northeast. That'd be my plan anyways.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
cydonianmystery

#6259 Post by cydonianmystery » 30 Jan 2023 01:09

Speaking for Louisiana, "tree wall tunnels" are only really a thing in the Florida Parishes as you get toward Mississippi. Specifically I-55 around Kentwood and I-10 around Slidell. Most of north Louisiana is flat and open with lots of farmland, from what I remember of it (haven't been up there since 1995). The southwest is dominated by the Atchafalaya Basin (all on an elevated causeway of I-10, so you can see above many of the trees) and more farmland as you get into the prairies of Acadiana. Lots of rice fields and pastureland, and not much in terms of forest.

Louisiana's not gonna have to worry too much about people seeing nothing but trees, especially since most of the interstates that have tree barriers will be blocked off until we get Mississippi. Now Mississippi? That's where you're gonna have to worry about those. McComb, Natchez, Hattiesburg, Laurel, Meridian, all of those stretches of US-61, I-55, and I-59 are lined with tree barriers or otherwise run through forests.

In spite of that "monotony", I always enjoyed seeing them when I traveled as a kid. Southern Pines are pretty.
flight50

#6260 Post by flight50 » 30 Jan 2023 01:14

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 29 Jan 2023 22:56
flight50 wrote: 29 Jan 2023 22:35The cities aren't huge cities either.
I wouldn't call cities like Shreveport, Alexandria, Lafayette, Baton Rouge and New Orleans small cities. Those are 5 reasonable to large sized cites. In Colorado we have Fort Collins, Denver and Colorado Springs. The rest of the cities are quite small. So, speaking about cities, if you want to compare Arkansas + Louisiana with Colorado I think Arkansas + Louisiana could be quite interesting compared to Colorado.

Of course those tree wall tunnels will probably quite boring. I hope SCS can be a little bit creative with those tree wall tunnels as the east part of the US have a lot of those tree wall tunnels.
I also said huge...not large. Huge to me is mega sized cities which is 1 million plus people. There are only 10 of those in the US. The cities you point out are large, not huge.

I also stated there are 4-5 cities with 100k people between the 2 states. I never listed any of them but people who know US cities can figure them out, so I didn't list them. There is not a single city between those 2 states that have more than 400k people.
Last edited by flight50 on 30 Jan 2023 03:30, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”