North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

flight50

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6631 Post by flight50 » 11 May 2023 16:14

Yeah the US is pretty much land locked. There are several in British Columbia Canada at least. Washington also has a few more but without Canada, it won't get us far. All in all, ATS could have about 7-9 perhaps.
muth canyon

#6632 Post by muth canyon » 19 May 2023 03:29

Louisiana is what I have been wanting to see and maybe Nebraska

It is pretty scenic with New Orleans at the basin
oldmanclippy

#6633 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 May 2023 15:59

There's really no better place to share this than this thread, but I came across this video which shows that Manitoulin Island in Ontario is a legitimate trucking option for ATS, even though ON-6 gets down to a one lane bridge when approaching Little Current from the north: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3yA1JN3pcQ

Still think that doing Southern Ontario (Sault Ste. Marie to Sudbury to Ottawa being the northern extent), or maybe even all of Ontario since Northern Ontario wouldn't have a ton of substance remaining, before New York is a good idea. Trucks might go around the lakes IRL but in the game it would be nice to have border-hopping be an option.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#6634 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2023 16:22

By time Ontario can make ATS, more than 75% of the US should be in. I'd love to border hop at that time. I agree before the Northeast is started, one of the map teams should go across the boarder to start adding a different vibe to ATS. Canada is probably easier than Mexico because of how similar the culture is compared to Mexico. Several of the same national US companies also exist in Canada. So there are assets that can be recycled for some things..

The Great Lakes in the US is a great reason to start in Ontario Canada too. Build around that economy in Canada and then SCS can go East or West as they wish from Ontario.
muth canyon

#6635 Post by muth canyon » 19 May 2023 18:38

I mean it makes sense, but with that logic SCS would've done BC right after Washington.

I think they will finish the whole US before they move to Canada it's not so far off from NY or New England
oldmanclippy

#6636 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 May 2023 22:45

The nice thing about doing Ontario first is that they wouldn't necessarily need to do Quebec or Manitoba next because Ontario flows nicely with the shape of the US itself and doesn't need more of Canada right next to it in order to not be an awkward shape.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
flight50

#6637 Post by flight50 » 19 May 2023 23:43

Agreed. Ontario is more like an extension to the US Great Lakes.

BC after Washington would have been horrible actually. We already suffered from the hockey stick when Washington came before Utah. Washington made the hockey worse. BC would have been even more coastline without any interior states. I think even more people would have questioned SCS.
hangman005

#6638 Post by hangman005 » 20 May 2023 10:32

flight50 wrote: 19 May 2023 23:43
BC after Washington would have been horrible actually. We already suffered from the hockey stick when Washington came before Utah. Washington made the hockey worse. BC would have been even more coastline without any interior states. I think even more people would have questioned SCS.
Look Seattles NHL team has only played two seasons :lol: :lol:

But on a serious note I agree, I still remember the corridor driving and almost every trip I'd make to WA would involve US 395 between Burns and Pendleton, OR. and even with Promods Canada in it's current state the same three roads in and out.
ATS HQ: Las Vegas, NV
ETS HQ: Innsbruck, Austria
Promods Euro HQ: Reykjavik, Iceland
Shiva

#6639 Post by Shiva » 20 May 2023 12:35

oldmanclippy, regarding Manitoulin Island, one can take the boat to and from there, if the truck is withing regular highway limits.
https://www.ontarioferries.com/ms-chi-cheemaun/
It's alll the way down on that page.

Quebec, can have quite long, long roads, north.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
VTXcnME

#6640 Post by VTXcnME » 24 May 2023 11:21

Let's worry about The lower 48 getting finished before worrying about how they'll map Canada (if they get that far).

Mexico should already be done as we've bordered the entirety of it now with CA/AZ/NM/TX. But again... let's get the *AMERICAN* part of American Truck Simulator done before worrying about the rest of the continent.

Return to “General discussion about the game”