North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 579

Fae

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5691 Post by Fae » 24 Feb 2022 11:21

angrybirdseller wrote: 24 Feb 2022 09:25 Price will likely change with time, but Montana can't see price adjustment like Texas. Texas will have higher price point.

Even if Texas DLC 19.99 still dirt cheap compared to buying Xplane cessna plane cost 49.99.
I couldn’t agree more. I’m sure I could buy a second home for the money I’ve dumped into flight simulation. I sit here and I think about what I spend just on a burger at a truck stop and become thankful for the cheap prices we pay for states and DLC in Truck Simulator.
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#5692 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 Feb 2022 16:18

The value truly is great. Idaho I think was the only state you could sort of argue might have been pushing it in terms of value, but even then it came with better attention to detail as well as being part of the PNW bundle. Maybe Utah too but again that brought attention to detail to a new height (SLC mountains notwithstanding). Washington, Colorado, and Wyoming (even without YS/Cody/US-14) punched above their price point for sure. And Iberia at just $19 is absolute highway robbery. I still feel dirty about that one :lol: Even Road to the Black Sea, with its reduced scope compared to initial expectations, I would say is easily worth its price.

These are really some of the only games with truly fair DLC practices IMO. They offer free updates and free trucks, in exchange for reasonably priced maps 2-3 (soon 3-4 perhaps) times per year, plus the occasional tuning or trailer pack. The paint job packs are the only thing I would consider overpriced, but compared to other games where you can pay $10 for a single skin it's a good deal.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Polarlicht

#5693 Post by Polarlicht » 28 Mar 2022 17:12

OK and KS do the race. Ofc they do, makes the most sense after TX :D
But Louisiana?... Yeah its about what people want to see next but then we would have the L-shape of the map back :?
Koliva

#5694 Post by Koliva » 28 Mar 2022 18:03

I Think Next Map Pack Dlc Will Be Oklahoma Kansas Nebraska Then South Dakota And North Dakota
I Love Trucks🚚🚛
Trains Buses Planes 🚌🚈🚝🚅🚄🚂🚃🚋🚎🚞🚊🚉🚍
Tanks So Flight Much🚟🚠🚡🚁✈️🛫🛬🛩️
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
flight50

#5695 Post by flight50 » 28 Mar 2022 18:16

If that is the plan, there would be a whole lot of upset fans. There is no reason to not go in multiple directions with 4 map teams. Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri need to get in the mix after Kansas. One team will be tied up with rebuilds. Maybe even 2 eventually. But that still leaves 2 teams.

Most people are split between Kansas and Louisiana. Oklahoma is a no brainer. But not provideing a diverse map would create negative energy.

After Kansas or even Nebraska, I don't see it being L shaped if Louisiana came then. Follow up with Arkansas and then Missouri and its stair stepped. A better approach to going both North and East simultaneously.
Koliva

#5696 Post by Koliva » 28 Mar 2022 18:36

So How Many Teams Are Working In Texas Right Now Estimated How Many People
I Love Trucks🚚🚛
Trains Buses Planes 🚌🚈🚝🚅🚄🚂🚃🚋🚎🚞🚊🚉🚍
Tanks So Flight Much🚟🚠🚡🚁✈️🛫🛬🛩️
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Polarlicht

#5697 Post by Polarlicht » 28 Mar 2022 18:48

flight50 wrote: 28 Mar 2022 18:16 If that is the plan, there would be a whole lot of upset fans. There is no reason to not go in multiple directions with 4 map teams. Louisiana, Arkansas and Missouri need to get in the mix after Kansas. One team will be tied up with rebuilds. Maybe even 2 eventually. But that still leaves 2 teams.

Most people are split between Kansas and Louisiana. Oklahoma is a no brainer. But not provideing a diverse map would create negative energy.

After Kansas or even Nebraska, I don't see it being L shaped if Louisiana came then. Follow up with Arkansas and then Missouri and its stair stepped. A better approach to going both North and East simultaneously.
Sounds good. But definitly OK and KS after TX, so Louisiana makes more sense. After that maybe back and fourth between moving north and eastwards...
oldmanclippy

#5698 Post by oldmanclippy » 28 Mar 2022 18:50

The reason Louisiana is a popular choice for following Oklahoma is because it brings a new biome, a new big city, and, along with Arkansas, lets us expand southeast as well as towards the midwest. I do think it should be no later than the 4th state after Texas.

I don't think that Nebraska should come before either Arkansas or Louisiana. They need to get started on the southeast at some point. Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska being 3 out of a run of 4 states would get a bit too samey for most people I think. But something like Oklahoma -> Louisiana -> Kansas -> Arkansas -> Nebrasksa would bring a lot more variety.

The more I think about it, the more I am ok with Arkansas coming before Louisiana. Originally I was team Louisiana before Arkansas but looking at the map shapes they're pretty similar. I think I'd actually give a slight edge to Arkansas coming first purely from a map shape perspective, but from a "bayou + New Orleans is cool" perspective I still think Louisiana before Arkansas is the way to go.

Here's Oklahoma -> Arkansas vs Oklahoma -> Louisiana:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Here's Oklahoma -> Kansas -> Arkansas vs Oklahoma -> Kansas -> Louisiana:

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Personally I wouldn't call any of those maps L-shaped. They're more like pimples protruding off the side than a significant L of any sort.

Also just thinking of that Denver -> Wichita -> Oklahoma City -> Amarillo -> Albuquerque -> Colorado Springs -> Denver loop makes me salivate.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
Shiva

#5699 Post by Shiva » 28 Mar 2022 21:59

oldmanclippy, if Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana the next map DLC's.
Of those, only Arkansas would need Oklahoma to be released earlier. To avoid odd map shapes.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Grafsky

#5700 Post by Grafsky » 28 Mar 2022 22:31

I'm for Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas. I'm for moving east to the Atlantic.

Return to “General discussion about the game”