North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

HayesPacific

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5611 Post by HayesPacific » 07 Jan 2022 16:07

My guess is they'll do Oklahoma and Kansas next, after Texas and Montana.
Then, they'll probably do the two Dakotas and Nebraska. ;)
Sevandres

#5612 Post by Sevandres » 16 Jan 2022 17:36

I voted for Oklahoma and Kansas myself for logistical reasons given the geography of the states we will have access to come 2023. With Texas being such a large state, once it releases, the only way in and out will be through New Mexico. Oklahoma's geography makes it a bit of an oddity as well, with the only access in and out being largely through Texas and partially NM and CO via the panhandle. Oklahoma without Kansas will make it a pain to get in and out of, and the best way to resolve this is to get Kansas in as soon as possible. This way, we end up with a boxier map as opposed to another L for a long time before getting Kansas. Just my two cents!
Who's Sev, you might ask? Find out here!
flight50

#5613 Post by flight50 » 16 Jan 2022 20:54

As much as I want Louisiana over Kansas, it’s not the best move. Oklahoma after Montana is a no brainer though. Now Louisiana directly following Kansas, heck yeah. Nebraska before Louisiana is like bringing Washington ahead of Utah. Why build more North when we need to start feeling out to box it up. Nebraska is fine to release after both Louisiana and Arkansas. The sooner Louisiana is in, the sooner we can get Arkansas and Missouri. More of I-40, I-20, I-30, I-10 and I -70. That’s shaping up the map nicely.
fra_ba

#5614 Post by fra_ba » 17 Jan 2022 07:19

At some point, people start to complain about endless flat or hilly green terrains associated to Great Plains like they did on deserts. So probably it's wise to follow other directions to improve landscape diversity. That's why I voted for LA along with OK. I kind of like dense forest views and seems a lot easier to implement such landscapes in game.
angrybirdseller

#5615 Post by angrybirdseller » 17 Jan 2022 07:56

After Montana- For 2023-Oklahoma and Arkansas-Louisiana, 2024-Kansas, Alabama-Mississippi, Missouri. 2025 Kentucky-Tennessee, Georgia, Florida. Then in 2026-Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana-Ohio. I would look at bulking it up not necessary do all the plains states at once, but not L-shape to Florida. I would like Florida to have least Georgia, Alabama at minimum. Think pushing I-10, I-40 and I-70 till the base map rebuild is complete. Then add Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio the I-80 corridor in one year. Cleveland to San Francisco is almost 2500 miles would take 3 to 4 hours in real time.
oldmanclippy

#5616 Post by oldmanclippy » 15 Feb 2022 17:39

I drove home from Colorado this past weekend and was pleasantly surprised by I-80 in Nebraska, or at least the part before it ditches the Platte River. I had previously only made it as far as Omaha on I-80 so it was all new to me.

There were a lot more trees than I expected from Nebraska. I can imagine the area looking very lush in the summertime, sort of like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6934029 ... 312!8i6656

The only stops I made was a travel plaza at the Ogallala exit which will likely make it into the game (the travel plaza I mean, Ogallala will almost certainly be scenic with North Platte so close by), and at Kearney which will have to be marked. Kearney has a good amount of industry near the airport, as well as a livestock market in town which is funny to me. That should make for a fun city to deliver to and from.

I can see the archway just east of Kearney on I-80 being a candidate for the Nebraska DLC cover image, as it's very emblematic of the appeal of Nebraska from a trucking perspective: the wide open highways.

Other options could be the Omaha skyline (although not representative enough of the state, plus the best views of downtown are from the Iowa side of the river anyways) or the sandhills on NE-2 (which should definitely be included as another east-west route through the state).

Carhenge (right off US-385) would be a fun choice but probably a bit too wacky :P
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Double M

#5617 Post by Double M » 17 Feb 2022 17:41

Sometimes I have asked myself the following question: will they make a dlc for Hawaii and Alaska?
As you move east and after you've posted Texas and Montana. Perhaps they have enough manpower to venture into Hawaii and Alaska while still moving east.
I would love to be able to take a ferry to Hawaii or Alaska. :)
Would you like to see these two states represented in the game? What do you think about it?
krmarci

#5618 Post by krmarci » 17 Feb 2022 18:55

@Double M
There are no ferries to Hawaii, though it could still work in a way that other disconnected DLCs do - you cannot drive between them, but you can quick travel between them. Maybe they could invent some kind of port drop-off method - you drop off your load in a Hawaii cargo port, and can continue the delivery from a cargo port in California/Oregon/Washington if you want to.
Also, the islands are a bit too small for a DLC, maybe it would be worth it to make them at 1:10 scale...
Alaska is much simpler, as there are ferries and mainland connections.

[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#5619 Post by supersobes » 17 Feb 2022 19:24

That Truth of Size outline of Hawaii is a bit misleading, IMO. The actual land area of the state is much smaller than that as a good portion of the area inside that outline is water. And the actual playable area of a Hawaii map for ATS would even smaller as only six of the eight islands have actual roads for trucks.
flight50

#5620 Post by flight50 » 17 Feb 2022 21:16

krmarci wrote: 17 Feb 2022 18:55 @Double M
There are no ferries to Hawaii, though it could still work in a way that other disconnected DLCs do - you cannot drive between them, but you can quick travel between them. Maybe they could invent some kind of port drop-off method - you drop off your load in a Hawaii cargo port, and can continue the delivery from a cargo port in California/Oregon/Washington if you want to.
Also, the islands are a bit too small for a DLC, maybe it would be worth it to make them at 1:10 scale...
Alaska is much simpler, as there are ferries and mainland connections.
I like your idea for Hawaii. SCS would have to be completely fictional with Hawaii for sure. Maybe even use a modified version of the Cargo Forwarding center that Texas is bringing. Drop off at a West coast port, teleport to Hawaii, pick it back up at the port there. Time has to lapse of course but it can work for sure. I think forwarding is a good way to also link ATS to ETS2....link via the ports. If this is all possible of course.

1:10 for Hawaii is not a bad idea either. Hawaii can't be like the UK at 1:15. I don't know what scale the islands near Italy are, but Hawaii are even smaller than those. Could be worth a shot doing Hawaii. But I'd do Hawaii dead last for the US though. Let technology advance as much as possible in case some break thru comes. Alaska on the other hand, that...we should get. If we ever get physics and seasons, Alaska is a must have. Would they do it before Canada though is the question. Imo...yeah, I would. But with 4 map teams....maybe even 5 by the time Canada starts, they could have a team working BC, Canada simultaneously with Alaska. Use the ferry to Alaska and once BC is ready, we can drive it as well. Alaska is beautiful in the Summer as well, but who are we kidding, its all about the Dalton in Alaska that most of us want. Ice Road Truckers tv show is the reason I even found ATS. I was itching for some truck driving and since I had an idle steering wheel at home, I had to do something to satisfy my craving.

Return to “General discussion about the game”