North Dakota
10%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 578

flight50

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6641 Post by flight50 » 24 May 2023 12:36

Nahhh. I surely hope they don't wait til all the US is done first before border hopping. That's part of the issue in ATS. It's not diverse enough for some. By time 75% of the US is done, map teams will surely be in bundle mode which means 4 map teams will be on top of each other trying to do 25% of the remaining map. That's too many teams in such a small area.

25% can be done by 2 map teams, maybe 3 ar the most. Rebuilds should be done well befire that remaining 25%. Push 2 map teams across the border. There are 17 researchers. Divide that in half for both games. They will need to go somewhere too. Both Canada and Mexico will not be the easy ride that the US is. Lots of new to learn.

Although SCS might elect to complete the US first, me personally, I think its a big mistake. Capture the attention of more players for more support. Many people dislike the US but may be willing to buy ATS finally with Canada and Mexico in. Seeing chats in the Discord forums for ProMods and Reforma leads me to these thoughts. Some people just flat do not want to drive in the US for personal reasons.
TheAmir259

#6642 Post by TheAmir259 » 24 May 2023 12:59

Intricate provinces like British Columbia might benefit from prior planning/mapping so that when the time comes to start Canada, they will not be 0% progress at least by then. Similarly with Mexico.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
fra_ba

#6643 Post by fra_ba » 24 May 2023 16:37

flight50 wrote: 24 May 2023 12:36 Capture the attention of more players for more support.
IIRC, Pavel mentioned they have more players from Canada compared to US. but think that was long time ago.
Shiva

#6644 Post by Shiva » 24 May 2023 17:42

VTXcnME wrote: 24 May 2023 11:21 Let's worry about The lower 48 getting finished before worrying about how they'll map Canada (if they get that far).

Mexico should already be done as we've bordered the entirety of it now with CA/AZ/NM/TX. But again... let's get the *AMERICAN* part of American Truck Simulator done before worrying about the rest of the continent.
Well, what part of America?
And without ferries etc?
Yaviza, Panama
Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, USA?

Ferries and or flight? Connecting North and South America.
Ushuaia, Argentina

Mexico should take more than a few DLC's to make. https://www.thetruesize.com/#?borders=1 ... OTc3NzA)Mw
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
oldmanclippy

#6645 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 May 2023 18:39

I used to think they should get to Maine before touching Canada or Mexico, but I do think that it would be beneficial to mix it up earlier than that. I think as long as they don't jump the border right before NYC is coming (the anticipation would be too high, they're better off doing it well before or just after NYC in my opinion), then the reception would be positive.

I do feel that Ontario should be the first province though. It slots in well between the Northwoods and the Northeast and will make sure that Chicago (and Manitowoc/Ludington) doesn't need to be a nasty bottleneck for every single west <-> east route north of it. Ontario would need to come after Michigan but before New York ideally.

Mexico I think they could and should jump over sooner. The Texas-adjacent states would be best to start with I think. Road networks are more extensive and there's more diverse geography. Yeah they're fairly dangerous places IRL (US state department advisory for Tamaulipas is "Do not travel") but it's easier to gloss over that than ethnic conflict or full blown war.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
VTXcnME

#6646 Post by VTXcnME » 24 May 2023 20:48

Shiva wrote: 24 May 2023 17:42
VTXcnME wrote: 24 May 2023 11:21 Let's worry about The lower 48 getting finished before worrying about how they'll map Canada (if they get that far).

Mexico should already be done as we've bordered the entirety of it now with CA/AZ/NM/TX. But again... let's get the *AMERICAN* part of American Truck Simulator done before worrying about the rest of the continent.
Well, what part of America? As I stated- the lower 48
And without ferries etc? What about ferries? How does that have anything to do with what I said- competing the lower 48?
Yaviza, Panama
Tuktoyaktuk, Canada
Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, USA? None of those are in the lower 48

Ferries and or flight? Connecting North and South America.
Ushuaia, Argentina

Mexico should take more than a few DLC's to make. https://www.thetruesize.com/#?borders=1 ... OTc3NzA)Mw
Answers in red

It's called "American truck simulator" not North American truck simulator. Not Canadian truck simulator. Just my opinion. You're of course welcome to have a differing view.

Mexico will probably be multiple dlcs as would Canada. But that should be a well in the distance thing to worry about.
xXCARL1992Xx

#6647 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 May 2023 20:50

it isnt called United States of American Truck Simulator either, the game is about the american styled trucks, so if it is viable to go into Canada or Mexico now they should do it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
VTXcnME

#6648 Post by VTXcnME » 24 May 2023 20:55

I guarantee that not a single person in Mexico refers to themselves as American. And I know enough Canadians to know they do not refer to themselves as American anything.

American- by every standard of people who live in this nation and the nation's surrounding it- refers to the United States. The continental 48. When someone says- "oh that guy is American." Do you follow up with "so you mean Mexican- Canadian- or from the United States?" (If you do.... you're wildly in the minority). American had always meant United States. Unless you put Noth in front of it- referring to the entire congruent continent vs just the nation.

So unless SCS takes a wildly general and slightly incorrect definition of "American" to man the North American continent.... that's the only real way that's gonna fly.
JoeAlex23

#6649 Post by JoeAlex23 » 24 May 2023 21:01

Did you completely miss the part where the name of the game is about American style TRUCKS? it has NOTHING to do with someone identifying as an American...
VTXcnME

#6650 Post by VTXcnME » 24 May 2023 21:09

I'm out. I said what I said.

AMERICAN truck simulator (that's been entirely covering the AMERICAN nation) should finish its namesake before moving on to AMERICAN adjacent nations.

Y'all have a great night.

Return to “General discussion about the game”