North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 520

JoeAlex23

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#6651 Post by JoeAlex23 » 24 May 2023 21:18

Sure, they could make this whole map viewtopic.php?t=274910&sid=82825a1d1e8e ... 8ab3dcc083 and let you drive from Prudhoe Bay in Alaska to Yaviza all the way down in Panama and the name will still be about the trucks, not the country/continent/people.
flight50

#6652 Post by flight50 » 24 May 2023 21:18

I believe it was a 2015 stream SCS (Pavel) first mentioned his ambition was to do all of North America. He brought this up a few more times over the course of time. Its Pavel's words is why some of us would like to see border hoping before the lower 48 is complete. I think the title can be a bit misleading as I had a similar debate here before, lol. Butttt I think they are right. Its really about American style trucking and by American is the Americas. In this case, North America. But no Canadians nor Mexicans consider themselves American but they can not say they are North American. The title American in general is tagged to the US though.

Imho, ATS could use a spark. Anything that can bring in more audience/more players, I honestly think SCS should do it at a certain point in time. That time should be before all the US is done really. Diversity is part of the reason why ETS2 is rich player base. I'd love for ATS to dip a bit into cultural diversity with only 25% remaining to build out. If SCS gets I-80 to NY as the first C2C road, one team can build North of I-80, the other can build to Florida. The North team will finish first and they can join the South. While all this is happening, its the perfect time for the other teams to go across the borders.
JoeAlex23

#6653 Post by JoeAlex23 » 24 May 2023 21:32

Page 666 😈

I also want them to finish the whole USA first, but i wouldn't mind if they jump the border at some point before that, Pavel seems to be very firm on that but plans can change at any point, we just have to keep talking about it and see what happens in the future.
VTXcnME

#6654 Post by VTXcnME » 24 May 2023 21:49

JoeAlex23 wrote: 24 May 2023 21:32 Page 666 😈

I also want them to finish the whole USA first, but i wouldn't mind if they jump the border at some point before that, Pavel seems to be very firm on that but plans can change at any point, we just have to keep talking about it and see what happens in the future.
On what I bold faced... I agree. "Push to the Atlantic" turned very quickly into not. But again... syntax and applying terms that don't technically apply stuck hard. Our European friends decided the Gulf Of Mexico was technically the Atlantic- so close enough.

This is one reason I cringe when people bring up Canada and mexico.... it muddied the waters up for people who are building a game almost entirely off translate and Google maps. Stay the course on one before scattering to others.

And the personal dog in the fight for me- is going to take long enough to get to New England.... I don't want that to go any slower.
Last edited by VTXcnME on 25 May 2023 10:43, edited 2 times in total.
oldmanclippy

#6655 Post by oldmanclippy » 24 May 2023 22:24

They're currently working on a DLC with 8 countries in it, so I don't think working on Canada and/or Mexico is gonna make them confused and overwhelmed. As long as the research teams between games share knowledge in terms of resources, methods, principles, etc they'll be fine
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#6656 Post by flight50 » 24 May 2023 23:58

Imho, North America is must easier to research and map than Europe. There are 50 countries in Europe and all are fairly different. There are 50 states in the US and all are fairly similar. Canada is quite similar to the US. Mexico is pretty much a different ball game. I don't think one country would derail a dedicated research team. Back in the day before SCS had a research team, things where a bit more muffled I could say. But the US and Canada in terms of language and customs are almost one in the same. Probably much much easier to find info between those 2 vs Mexico. Mexico and the rest of Central America will take alot more effort. But the way the map and the assets are in the US would favor Canada. Mexico, not so much. Mexico would be more like having a bit of Europe in ATS....totally different than what ATS started with.

Whatever route SCS goes, we are years from it more than likely. But as Pavel always says, our wallets will determine the future.
Shiva

#6657 Post by Shiva » 25 May 2023 00:41

The Gulf of Mexico (Spanish: Golfo de México) is an ocean basin and a marginal sea of the Atlantic Ocean.

Some marginal seas of the Atlantic.
Baffin Bay
Bristol Channel
Cantabrian Sea
English Channel
Gulf of Mexico
Iroise Sea
Malin Sea
North Sea
Norwegian Sea

I don't see this game named "USA Truck Simulator". And a name of "North American Truck Simulator", would have been a bit long.

My wishlists for the next map DLC to be announced, are right now 2nd and 4th.

If enough map teams, then I see no problem if some teams to jump from USA to Canada and or Mexico.

Saskatchewan, that would need North Dakota.
Mexico?
South of Texas, could be possible now. if making the border areas.
Baja California and Baja California Sur, better waith for south California makeover.
Sonora, Arizona redo, or atleast a partial redo of the border areas.

Ohh, Nogales border crossing for semi trucks is interesting.
Nogales and Otay Mesa Port of Entry, seem to be the semi truck border crossings, west of Texas.
Unless bobtailing?

Texas has El Paso, Presidio "small", Del Rio "small", Eagle Pass"scenery city, small", Laredo, Roma"scenery town, small", Brownsville.

Not ingame locations.
Rio Grande City, would have been small, not ingame and close to Roma.

These 2 between McAllen and Brownsville. Neither ingame, at all.
Progreso/Donna Port of Entry, Weslaco, not ingame, small.
Los Indios Port of Entry, Los Indios, small.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#6658 Post by flight50 » 25 May 2023 01:16

Truck crossing into Mexico will be interesting. Irl, US trucks don't cross. That's where the forwarding centers come into play. Iirc, it's insurance companies that restrict US drivers from delivering into Mexico. Some might but I don't think it's the standard.

It will be interesting to see how SCS handles this.
parasaurolophus67

#6659 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 25 May 2023 01:27

@flight50 Wait really?! I didn't know that. I thought it was similar like Crossing from US to Canada. .-.
Shiva

#6660 Post by Shiva » 25 May 2023 02:15

Some border crossings do not have forwarding centers.

Here's an article regarding non forwarding centers, it seems.
https://www.tecma.com/guidelines-moveme ... o-freight/
One of the quotations
Essentially, it is generally true that these rules adhere to one unifying principle: Drivers are allowed to cross over into the US from Mexico or Canada only to deliver or pick up cargo traveling in what is referred to in the guidelines as “the stream of international commerce.” In other words, goods and operators delivering U.S. – Mexico freight must be entering or leaving the country.
Another.
It is important to remember that the rules allow the operator to travel only to accomplish international trade, and not domestic commercial activity. Therefore, drivers may cross over the border to deliver a load to multiple destinations, as well as pick up return loads from several locations.
And another.
On the flip side, drivers are not allowed to pick up and deliver loads within the US.
I do recommend reading that article, for those interested in crossing the borders. As it works IRL.
Well, or atleast worked?
https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/international ... ot-program 2011 to 2014.

2012 guidelines https://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/pol ... elines.pdf

And more reading 2020 - today. Is it a proposition or?
https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-19/c ... B/part-208

Freight forwarding
https://resources.coyote.com/source/cro ... xico-guide
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”