SCSArchiver

Minus

Re: SCSArchiver

#71 Post by Minus » 25 Jan 2022 01:13

Just to clarify, I have not blocked anyone on private messages, so if you have a question that you don't want to write publicly in thread, please send me PM.
JuniorT

#72 Post by JuniorT » 22 Mar 2022 00:18

I don't think we will have updates for this program for a long time waiting and I am giving up entering daily to check for news
Minus

#73 Post by Minus » 26 Jun 2022 22:42

Hello everyone.

Sorry for no updates for quite some time.

I wish I had more for you than I caurrently have prepared, but university and life came to me, making everything a little bit harder than I anticipated. Anyway everything is quite stable now and I have my bachelor stuff behind me.

That means I can once again focus on working on this tool. So far changes are minimal, but important. New version is going to work more like a game does with archives. This should improve archive reading times and vastly increase chance of reading all files in archive.

Another new feature I am planning is to add ability to load other archives just like game does with mods. This feature is most likely going to fix any missing files / missing filenames problems.

Last, but not least change I have planned so far is to improve GUI, adding list of files for easier navigation in archives and ability to extract selected files instead of whole archive.
As of any ETAs for new version: When it's ready. With life being life and me not wanting to waste more time on stuff I shouldn't really need to focus on I don't want to promise anything just to not deliver.
Just trust me, that when it comes out it should be vastly improved and easier to use.

That's all in this development update for this tool. I really hope it's not last time I am writing anything here. Thanks for your patience and remember to be calm and wait a little bit longer! (Hopefully not much longer).
JuniorT

#74 Post by JuniorT » 27 Jun 2022 01:45

Thank you for the light I am happy to know that this project is not dead your work has helped many people I hope to see soon we will have patience wish you success
AnYenb123

#75 Post by AnYenb123 » 07 Jul 2022 04:21

yes
Last edited by AnYenb123 on 08 Aug 2022 06:39, edited 1 time in total.
Minus

#76 Post by Minus » 23 Jul 2022 00:46

There will be no beta privilege for anyone, I am developing this software as a free time thing. And currently available version is only one publicly shared. I have my own test "team" that has access to any development builds. If we consider given version / build / revision of software ready to be released we're going to release it. Sorry for inconvenience, but that's how things are going to be. Progress was slow due to heat wave causing me to have slight health issues and in general lack of time, but I am trying to get everything working properly. Next update: When I have something significant to show :)
Minus

#77 Post by Minus » 23 Jul 2022 22:47

Alright, since I had time to finally gather some code together, here's first video of new version, still many bugs and not even close to be fully working, but shows what is planned to be main part of new version.
No, SII file editing is not planned yet, and no, it won't work like this bug shown here.

https://i.gyazo.com/6c3e00ae6c33b4eca60 ... b6ad7c.mp4

My goal is to make it similar to 7-zip or winrar. We'll se how it will end up looking.
xeviax

#78 Post by xeviax » 10 Sep 2022 14:05

Hi, @Minus. Is this project still active? Also if there is a possibility of a new update in recent days?
JuniorT

#79 Post by JuniorT » 29 Oct 2022 09:29

It is impossible to open the program due to c++ Redistributable 2019 I have not found anywhere the old version or if someone can make it available here thank you due to my computer being recently assembled I had to install the newest version I searched on all sites even on YouTube and did not find it and it only opens with the older version x64
Minus

#80 Post by Minus » 29 Oct 2022 13:28

I added links to proper redistributables in first post. Please check them and if you have further issues, please send error message.

Return to “Help center - player to player”