SCSArchiver

Minus

Re: SCSArchiver

#91 Post by Minus » 28 Mar 2023 23:54

lonely_wolf wrote: 27 Mar 2023 05:50 Hey man, how are you doing? On 12/20/2022 I create a universal.zip and sent to Steam and it worked perfectly. Today, I tried to lock another mod - because Workshop Uploader showed some errors when I tried to upload it unlocked - but Workshop Uploader shows a message "could not find manifest.sii". I searched this topic for another reply with the same issue but I didn't find anything. Would you say it's something related to a new Workshop Uploader version? Or maybe there's another approach I could try. I tried to downgrade Workshop Uploader but it does not load the content. It just say it's incompatible to latest version.
Thanks!
Sadly I am not aware of workings for official Steam Workshop Uploader app.
Thus I cannot provide you help with that. This is other tool. But you also gave me some idea I might want to experiment with later, when I bring currently worked on version to release.
Minus

#92 Post by Minus » 14 Jul 2023 17:05

Quick announcement:

As of Public Beta 1.48 base.scs from ETS2 has too many entires to be properly read by SCSExtractor and ConverterPIX. I am sure SCS Software is aware of the issue, but if you need to extract Public Beta 1.48 base archive feel free to use this tool instead.

After initial testing I didn't find any issues with current archiver version, and next updates will contain proper handling of such situations. Both game up to 1.47 and all other tools officially supported by SCS Software have this limitation. So please be patient for them to update their tools.

Also obligatory status update: Next version is back under more stable development.
Bulldozer 1973

#93 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 27 Jul 2023 19:11

@Minus
Can you please include the new mod structure. Otherwise I can no longer create my mods.

Many thanks in advance.
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
Minus

#94 Post by Minus » 27 Jul 2023 19:57

Bulldozer 1973 wrote: 27 Jul 2023 19:11 @Minus
Can you please include the new mod structure. Otherwise I can no longer create my mods.

Many thanks in advance.
I'd like to dig deeper into the issue you're having. What is the main issue here?
SCS Archiver is just a little bit more advanced tool for extracting and packing SCS files.
1.48 changes do not affect extracting ability and these do not change how you have to structure your mod.
If you have some issue, please describe it properly so I can check what it might be.

Without more information I cannot provide much more support for you, cause I am not aware of any issues with version 1.48.
Bulldozer 1973

#95 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 27 Jul 2023 20:03

Hello SCS, I don't know if this is a bug,

but the new mod structure does not work with packed SCS files.

But only if you have folders in the mod folder.

What but for the one needs a lot of space because you have to have unpacked all mods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0HZX-QfXu4
Greetings,
Harald

---
Sorry for my bad english, i from germany. I use Translators deepl.com / google.de
---
I will not distribute a modified mods without permission from the original creator / author!
Minus

#96 Post by Minus » 27 Jul 2023 20:21

First of all: I am not affiliated with SCS Software at all.

However as far as I know and understand game logic and formats current mod structure change should not prevent older structures to work.
You are not required to change mod structure.
As long as you keep everything in the mod root directory (which means the main directory with manifest.sii) it is not required.
You can however enable DLC support without providing additional archives (separate mods) using new structure - game will load all directories starting with dlc_ that correspond to the DLCs you own.
Just do it this way:
- keep manifest.sii where it is
- move all base game mod files to base directory (it should countain whatever was the root, without manifest.sii)
- move all dlc support packs to appropiate dlc_[insert_dlc_name_here] directories, for Going East it will be dlc_east), lookup these names in your game install directory, these names should be the same as all files starting with dlc_

Remember to not include manifest.sii from all DLC support packs into new directories in main mod. These are no longer needed.
I can explain it more, but not in this thread, since this is release and support thread for SCS Archiver tool. Hope this answer helps you.
Last edited by Minus on 27 Jul 2023 20:27, edited 1 time in total.
Bulldozer 1973

#97 Post by Bulldozer 1973 » 27 Jul 2023 20:26

The problem is the file extension.
@Dotec c wrote this to me in Bug Report 1.48.

So your programme should also support the zip extension.
Greetings,
Harald

---
---
xXCARL1992Xx

#98 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Jul 2023 20:28

a .scs file IS a .zip file
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Minus

#99 Post by Minus » 27 Jul 2023 20:33

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 27 Jul 2023 20:28 a .scs file IS a .zip file
It is not. :)

Many people were just renaming .zip files to .scs, but these two formats differ quite alot.
I am investigating the issue within SCS Archiver codebase and confirming it with game logic from 1.48 update. I will provide information about issue when I confirm it.

Thanks for the issue report Bulldozer 1973.
xXCARL1992Xx

#100 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 27 Jul 2023 20:37

SCS used the .zip standard and made their own format of it, the only reason why the game even can read .zip files
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Help center - player to player”