MSI MPG Z590 Gaming Plus - Intel i7-11700KF - MSI MEG CORELIQUID S280 AIO
MSI RTX 3070 Gaming Z Trio 8GB - Samsung LC32G7xT
Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz - 5 x Samsung SSD - 9GB total
MSI A750GF 750W - LIAN LI LANCOOL 215 X
ElmoPelle

Re: ATS Special Transport

#32 Post by ElmoPelle » 24 Feb 2018 14:15

What kind driving license you need to transport big loads
Last edited by ElmoPelle on 24 Feb 2018 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#33 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Feb 2018 14:22

it is not a license you need (it is just the normal truck license) but a qualification to transport heavy, oversized loads

same as ADR where you must have a qualification that states you can handle the load you are hauling and know hat to do if something happened
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
saur44l

#34 Post by saur44l » 24 Feb 2018 14:43

The reason why am I advocating for T800 and T880 is cause the game needs more trucks,and at the moment it seems that only PACCAR is open for some kind of cooperation.In long term though,if some miracle happens and other truck manufacturers come to their senses,that will open the way for trucks like 122SD,9900i,Granite and etc.After all,they have same role,being the workhorse in their representative companies.Plus if you see all those(or majority of them) videos on the net featuring special transport in the US,you see tri-axles trucks doing the job.
LuisP8

#35 Post by LuisP8 » 24 Feb 2018 14:56

ATS trucks licenses for fresh, new trucks it's a purely speculative subject since SCS has kept us in the dark about that.. yet on ETS2 they manage to add a brand new scania (and perhaps the new renault is coming too). SCS should really bring some light into that matter, of why ATS is stuck with the same 4 trucks..
||AMD FX-8300 OC 4.0GHz // ASUS M5A78L-M // CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB DDR3-1600 // ASUS DUAL-GTX 1070 8GB // KINGSTON 120GB SSD // 2x500GB WD HDD // COOLER MASTER GX-750 PSU // COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 PLUS // COOLER MASTER ELITE 371||
Dan

#36 Post by Dan » 24 Feb 2018 15:34

I think SCS has a NDA with all manufacturers, so that they don't repeat the mistake with Mercedes
xXCARL1992Xx

#37 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Feb 2018 15:51

LuisP8 wrote: 24 Feb 2018 14:56 ATS trucks licenses for fresh, new trucks it's a purely speculative subject since SCS has kept us in the dark about that.. yet on ETS2 they manage to add a brand new scania (and perhaps the new renault is coming too). SCS should really bring some light into that matter, of why ATS is stuck with the same 4 trucks..
Scania them self revealed that the New Scania will be available in ETS, so they gave SCS the OK without them even asking for it, Renault has to go through Volvo and it seams they have solved it with Volvo and now we could get the Renault, same with MAN, whatever it was that delayed it
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
LuisP8

#38 Post by LuisP8 » 24 Feb 2018 16:02

Yeah, that's my point.. they seem to have figured it out within ETS trucks additions, but regarding ATS licenses something is not progressing at all.. thing is we don't know if it's SCS fault or rather companies fault.. and NDA's are on the table as well.. if that's the case well, we won't know for sure what's cooking til some of them talks out.. SCS or license companies..
||AMD FX-8300 OC 4.0GHz // ASUS M5A78L-M // CORSAIR VENGEANCE 16GB DDR3-1600 // ASUS DUAL-GTX 1070 8GB // KINGSTON 120GB SSD // 2x500GB WD HDD // COOLER MASTER GX-750 PSU // COOLER MASTER HYPER 212 PLUS // COOLER MASTER ELITE 371||
flight50

#39 Post by flight50 » 25 Feb 2018 06:31

The more ST type loads I am seeing on youtube, the more I see 6x4 being used. Like Crocko From Oz, stated, the dolly does take on a lot of the weight in lieu of that 3rd axle. Based on each states regulations, the number of axles kicks in and the lack of 8x4 can be compensated with extra trailer axles. I think SCS can come up with some very unique trailers to transport certain types of cargo. We should see at least 3 new ST trailers to make ATS ST worth the purchase. The heavy haul trailers are already there and will be used for some things. A good 8-12 different cargo loads would make it a very worthy purchase. But to make ST feel special, it needs a trailer similar to videos in this thread. Now that I think about it, for the US ST trailers that require and operator, SCS could program an operator in the cockpit to help steer the additional dolly's. I assume programming can be done similarly to the way that steerable axles work in ETS2. Some US trailers have steerable axles anyways.

Some of those massive loads that people are posting in here are definitely cool. The limiting factor to get that cargo from point A to B is, are there any routes that do not have bridges and narrow roads (guard rail obstructions). One options to bypass those obstacles are to take exit ramps to by pass bridges and get back on the highway on the other side of the bridge. But if a load requires a push truck, it is too heavy for this game more than likely. I would like for ATS's ST to definitely make a big impression. Cargo options are WIDE OPEN. There are tons of options that can be used for ST and for that matter, more can be added to heavy haul as well. I am all in for variety. Everyone must realize that ST has to be reasonable and within the current game mechanics and physics.

@LuisP8. I am there with you buddy. It would be nice if SCS could shed a little light on truck licenses as far as where they stand. At the same time, they are going about it the right way to avoid jeopardizing anything by not saying anything. It is one of those gray areas. If the US manufactures were a little more open minded, something would have gave by now. So whether it is all them or part SCS, we don't know. But I agree that if Paccar is the only truck manufacturer in game, I don't see why SCS can't go after more licenses from them. It could also be possible that Paccar only wanted those 4 to be released for the time being to see how their trucks are depicted and perceived by the community. I think the biggest issues with all the others is that SCS is not a US gaming studio, SCS is not willing to pay the fee they want or Paccar has an agreement to only feature their trucks. One thing for sure is that one, two or all three could apply.
Last edited by flight50 on 29 Sep 2018 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
LuisP8

#40 Post by LuisP8 » 25 Feb 2018 14:41

Well, just like you said, It's one of those gray areas which we don't know a damn thing about... maybe some of SCS members and developers are eager to scream "Hey guys, here you go! 4 brand new trucks are coming to ATS this year! (or so)" but like you said, the table is open and anything is possible.. we just can't be certain. But we can't stop asking for a reason about the delay.. since they already have licences and partnerships with major truck manufacturers in Europe which, by the way, happens to be the mother companies of most US truck brands.. for instance: Freightliner is a division of Daimler-Benz, which owns Mercedes-Benz as well and they already license Mercedes-benz. Mack is a division of AB Volvo which, again, they've already licensed... I mean, If they don't wanna deal with the puppies, deal with the bulldogs instead.. If they wanna get things moving, deal with the real owners (and they already had).This just keep making stronger your point of being Paccar the one who is preventing new truck incomes into ATS.. that's a black-hole right there since we don't know nothing about their agreements.

Return to “General discussion about the game”