[REL] Radiator Springs add-on 1.3a for ATS 1.39

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
ETS2-User

[REL] Radiator Springs add-on 1.3a for ATS 1.39

#1 Post by ETS2-User » 17 Mar 2018 09:35

Hello there!

During the last four months I've been working on a small map add-on for ATS: a recreation of the town Radiator Springs from the Disney/Pixar Cars movies. Basically what this mod does is it re-assigns one Kingman company to the real town of Seligman and adds the fictional town of Radiator Springs and Tailfin Pass/Wheel Well Motel from the movies on the historic Route 66 between Kingman and Seligman. I've tried to combine the most beautiful aspects from the movie scenes together with some fun gameplay elements from the Cars games and some artistic freedom.
As I am not a modeller, I had to improvise with the available assets sometimes. You'll see that very clearly at Wheel Well for example. Also, please do not try to jump off the cliffs, as they are all equipped with invisible barriers to prevent weird things from happening.
Note: Due to the WIP shift to the new sound system by SCS there is no possibility to add sounds in the map editor at the moment. Therefore, in-game sounds (recognisable songs from the movie and the waterfall sound) have been removed temporarily.

Tested on a clean profile on ATS 1.39 and in combination with the following map mods:
- ProMods Canada 1.0
- Reforma Sierra Nevada 2.2.29
- Reforma Mexico Extremo 2.1.18
- PazzMod 1.4
- Australian Outback Map 1.39
- Grand Canyon Rebuild 1.1

It should be compatible with most map mods out there, but there's no guarantee. Follow this link for the load order in combination with the most popular ATS maps:
viewtopic.php?f=201&t=292914
DLC New Mexico is required. Due to the high level of detail and the vast sightlines this mod is not suitable for low-end PCs.

Credits go to:
ETS2-User (Map, general assembly)
SCS Software (assets from ETS2)
FLD (prefabs, models, terrain profiles)
Vøytek (prefabs)
Abraxas (models, sounds)
Nico (models)
P16 (V8 model)
Randy Newman, John Mayer, The Coasters (in game sounds)
Mike7O, mads1153, TheClumsyGeek (beta testing)

Changelog 1.1:
Bug fixes, compatibility with ATS 1.32
Added garage
Added P16's V8 model

Changelog 1.2:
Adaptation to ATS 1.34
Bug and error fixes

Changelog 1.3a:
Adaptation to ATS 1.39
Base map touch-ups merge
Bug fixes

Download here:
https://sharemods.com/hxit954alxhh/radi ... r.scs.html
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Download v.1.2 for ATS 1.34:
https://sharemods.com/dqffmdkov0sx/radi ... r.scs.html

Download v1.1a for ATS 1.32:
https://sharemods.com/wx34y3w8nv59/radi ... r.scs.html

Download v1.0 for ATS 1.30:
http://www95.zippyshare.com/v/fqywp2UN/file.html
Last edited by ETS2-User on 16 Dec 2020 22:08, edited 14 times in total.
ProMods Developer for Austria and Svalbard
ProMods Regional coordinator for Central Europe

Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

[ external image ]
TomDooley

Re: [WIP] Radiator Springs add-on

#2 Post by TomDooley » 17 Mar 2018 12:09

Not only on behalf of my son, but also mine, I want to say: Wow! And we're really looking forward to seeing it.

Thanks for your work.

Tom
m1keY

#3 Post by m1keY » 17 Mar 2018 12:21

awesomework ... loving it :!:
cattivik20

#4 Post by cattivik20 » 17 Mar 2018 13:43

"Cars" is fantastic. And this add-on is not far behind. It is one of the most original. Compliments. Only I don't have the DLC New Mexico and a PC with a suitable graphics card.
NTMID8_Z28

#5 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 17 Mar 2018 14:42

Very cool idea!

While I'm sure some will bemoan that this isn't a real town so it has no place in the game, I think original ideas like this add fun alternatives around the maps in otherwise mundane places. I'm looking forward to checking it out and hope that it plays well with the "usual suspects" (how I'm going to begin referring to the standard map "pack" many are running based on ShirBlackspots load order post).
Blackspots

#6 Post by Blackspots » 17 Mar 2018 15:15

Is this a standalone map for the base map, or can it be used with other maps?
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
yaumeister

#7 Post by yaumeister » 17 Mar 2018 15:44

Wow that's really impressive and I'm amazed how you managed to create the scenery only with existing assets.

Looking forward to the release!
NTMID8_Z28

#8 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 17 Mar 2018 16:06

ShirBlackspots wrote: 17 Mar 2018 15:15 Is this a standalone map for the base map, or can it be used with other maps?
There are a couple guys in the Facebook groups that are new to mapping but doing some really impressive stuff. I've referred them to the forums here in the hopes that they can add to the collective and collaborate with the folks here to ensure compatibility. It may be a pain to sometimes work with others or merge work, but I think the last few months around here show the outcome can be amazing. Hopefully they pop in with their additions as well!
ETS2-User

#9 Post by ETS2-User » 17 Mar 2018 23:15

Thank you all! :)
ShirBlackspots wrote: 17 Mar 2018 15:15 Is this a standalone map for the base map, or can it be used with other maps?
ETS2-User wrote: 17 Mar 2018 09:35 When it's released, it should be compatible with most map mods out there, but there's no guarantee.
;)
ProMods Developer for Austria and Svalbard
ProMods Regional coordinator for Central Europe

Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

[ external image ]
meistroracer88

#10 Post by meistroracer88 » 18 Mar 2018 09:49

Wow, i can not wait for this to be in game. Great work.

Return to “Maps”