[REL] Timpte Super Seal [1.1.1 - 10/05/2022]

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Smarty
Beta tester

[REL] Timpte Super Seal [1.1.1 - 10/05/2022]

#1 Post by Smarty » 23 Apr 2018 01:11

[ external image ]

Description:
Here's a blast from the past: a late-70's Timpte Super Seal. This rather distinctive reefer was a well-regarded lightweight option at the time. There's not a huge amount of information out there about these, besides that the plant, design, and Super Seal trademark were sold to Great Dane in the 80's. What's truly important is that it prominently features a parka-clad seal as part of its branding - probably the boldest appearance of any reefer ever.

Wheels:
This mod is intended to be used with my wheel pack. Make sure you have the Wheel Pack set with higher priority than the trailer(s) in the Mod Manager. You can use it without the Wheel Pack, but the default wheels do not look good on it. (Support coming in a future Wheel Pack update)

Special Thanks:
All of my Patreon supporters! - These wonderful people provide me with financial support each month which helps me spend more time making high quality mods like this!
50keda - 50keda for his invaluable support while learning SCS Blender Tools, and also for developing SCS Blender Tools

Installation
Download the zip file directly to My Documents/American Truck Simulator/mod. There's no need to unpack it. Enable it in the in-game Mod Manager and enjoy!

Support
[ external image ]

Changelog

Code: Select all

- Fixed paint job mapping on several body options (roof on 12'6", lock rods/hinges on side door, etc)
- Added advanced marker light options
- Added side door body options
- Fixed borked paint job mapping on one body variant
- Added some additional mudflap options
- Improved front wall detailing
1.0 Initial public release
MANUAL DOWNLOAD HERE
WORKSHOP

-----

Here's a quickie I've been working on — a late 70's Timpte Super Seal, made at the Wayne, NE plant which, along with the Super Seal trademark/design, was eventually sold to Great Dane. This specimen is 45' x 96" with a close tandem slider and sports a Thermo King Super NWD30. I'm making it for more practice in my optimization/baking process ...and because the little seal logo is six different kinds of adorable. :lol:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
Last edited by Smarty on 24 May 2022 11:26, edited 3 times in total.
BK Vissers

Re: [WIP] Timpte Super Seal

#2 Post by BK Vissers » 23 Apr 2018 02:43

I always love your trailers, they are so well optimized and...well... unique, so I’ll be adding this to my stable once it’s released. Cool, thank you!
TomDooley

#3 Post by TomDooley » 23 Apr 2018 08:47

nice, like all your trailers!
Trident R.S.

#4 Post by Trident R.S. » 23 Apr 2018 11:32

Smarty means qualty!
macksuperlinerfan

#5 Post by macksuperlinerfan » 23 Apr 2018 13:36

So cool. Love the older trailers a lot.
NTMID8_Z28

#6 Post by NTMID8_Z28 » 23 Apr 2018 17:38

Nice job, Smarty! It would be nice if the game had the option to slide the tandems forward and back depending on the composition of the load being picked up and the current positioning of the tandems, don't you think?
''umad''

#7 Post by ''umad'' » 24 Apr 2018 21:25

I love the trailers you make. They seem bland at first but always have cool little details once you look closer, like the working lights on your 2000R or the adorable seal logo on this Timpte. What next, a '70s Hiboy flatbed with that distinctive ‾ī‾‾\____/‾ōō‾ side profile?

PS: I spy with my little eye, some nice stains on that Peterbilt exhaust :)
82Diesel

#8 Post by 82Diesel » 25 Apr 2018 08:17

Wow! Looks incredible! P.s WE need more 50-60s trailers :D
Smarty
Beta tester

#9 Post by Smarty » 28 Dec 2018 16:05

This is getting fairly close to being ready. I think I just have lightmasks, landing gear animations, general cleanup, and a few other little details left to sort out. Maaaaybe basic ownership (i.e. no/very limited accessory options). We'll see. The important thing is that Thermo King Super badge. :P

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
BK Vissers

#10 Post by BK Vissers » 28 Dec 2018 17:14

Your passion for old trailers is like that some have for old trucks. Very cool stuff!

Return to “Trailers”