Next ATS truck speculation

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#7151 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 30 Sep 2022 20:52

thats because it is the 23 model, the 22 model wont be soled with the new grill, International still didnt update their site, the new transmissions are on but the LT is still the old one
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Vk56dehan

#7152 Post by Vk56dehan » 30 Sep 2022 20:53

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 30 Sep 2022 20:52 thats because it is the 23 model, the 22 model wont be soled with the new grill, International still didnt update their site, the new transmissions are on but the LT is still the old one
Ahh got it thanks. Ya i should have thought of that being its basically october now.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#7153 Post by Wolfi » 01 Oct 2022 09:43

Vk56dehan wrote: 30 Sep 2022 20:50 Is this the new grille? Idk, a lot of the '22 models I looked up have the same grille as previous years but this looks updated. If so ya i like it a lot.👍
Interestingly enough, this is the new grill, but the truck still has the old headlights... SUS :P

I have to say though, I've been rolling with the new grill for a while, but I can't really say I'm a huge fan of it, the old one looked better imo :?
But it's entirely possible it just doesn't work with my truck's body color :P
[ external image ]
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
automaton

#7154 Post by automaton » 01 Oct 2022 14:00

I'm a bit biased toward the new LT grille; then again I like honeycomb-esque designs, and what International's been doing with their lineup isn't much of an exception. I think the new headlight style is optional; the promotional renders for the LT facelift/S13–T14 powertrain showed them, but I don't think any of the trucks at the actual event did.
flight50

#7155 Post by flight50 » 20 Oct 2022 17:07

Man, I can't tell ya the last time I seen this thread go to page 2, lol. Anywho, I'm not sure how many of you been on the SCS General Discussion thread lately, but Nemiro's interview is quite interesting. You have to do a translate on the page but its good material. Its legit too because Nemiro that he is glad we like. So in a nutshell, he says licenses are not an issue at SCS and that it is indeed possible to get older trucks. Just like I figured, nothing is off limit if they just talk to the manufacturers. Its SCS that has to want to model (x) truck. Its capacity at SCS has been the biggest limiting factor and it sounds like SCS was able to hire quite a few for the vehicle team. We could really start feeling this in the next 2-3 years.

viewtopic.php?p=1752516#p1752516
viewtopic.php?p=1752565#p1752565

If the W dlc on Steam dB is the 5700 or the 4900, I'm happy. I'll only drive the 4900 though. The VNL is in the works and no telling what else comes next year and beyond. The Old Cascadia can have a chance. Its the one truck we don't let go of here, lol. I'll never go along with others opinions when I have my own to formulate. SCS is capable of whatever they want. I don't put anything past them. I stopped that a long time ago.
Sora

#7156 Post by Sora » 20 Oct 2022 19:25

flight50 wrote: 20 Oct 2022 17:07 Man, I can't tell ya the last time I seen this thread go to page 2, lol. Anywho, I'm not sure how many of you been on the SCS General Discussion thread lately, but Nemiro's interview is quite interesting. You have to do a translate on the page but its good material. Its legit too because Nemiro that he is glad we like. So in a nutshell, he says licenses are not an issue at SCS and that it is indeed possible to get older trucks. Just like I figured, nothing is off limit if they just talk to the manufacturers. Its SCS that has to want to model (x) truck. Its capacity at SCS has been the biggest limiting factor and it sounds like SCS was able to hire quite a few for the vehicle team. We could really start feeling this in the next 2-3 years.
That was indeed within what they said, but it was only half of the statement, and the more favorable half.
[licensing older trucks] is possible and I don't think licensing is a problem for us here. But the companies we work with such as Kenworth, DAF, Mercedes and Scania always want us to bring their latest models to the game because they use ATS and ETS2 as an advertising platform for their products, for the latest solutions, models, etc. When we tell them that the community would like to see this or that model from years ago, they reply: "Oookay, but first let's do the newest and that ...". Nevertheless, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Even recently, we released the International 9900i Eagle, a very classic tractor from the USA. And we always try to talk to these companies so that we can transfer not only the latter models to the game, but also the retro ones. I believe more will be coming soon.
tl;dr it is strictly possible, and we may even be getting an older truck of some kind before long, but many companies wish to prioritize their newest models first, with Kenworth explicitly being namedropped on the ATS end. This more or less aligns with what a lot of people have been saying for years now - that most companies want their new stuff in before their old stuff. We can also reverse this by saying that companies who already have their newest stuff in the game might be more willing to allow their older stuff.

In any case, retro trucks are - allegedly - something they have 'always' asked about, so our current lack of them is probably not just them not talking to them. If there is an issue, the logical conclusion is as follows:
  1. Truck manufacturers want to prioritize their newer models over their older ones.
  2. SCS has a limited amount of manpower to devote to truck releases.
  3. Ergo, the "holdup" is that SCS needs to get through the backlog of modern trucks first, but has not been able to do this.
But ultimately every modern truck they put out is one less obstacle to classic trucks.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#7157 Post by Wolfi » 20 Oct 2022 20:18

I wouldn't be all that hyped or positive about this interview, it's not as "optimistic" as the translation suggests. Also, I would take a lot of stuff that's said with a huge grain of salt, given that it comes from Nemiro - a guy who can barely tell a difference between a truck and a barn. ;)
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Sora

#7158 Post by Sora » 20 Oct 2022 23:28

If anything, I'm surprised people aren't leaping to the conclusion of "[...] Kenworth [...] always want[s] us to bring their latest models to the game because they use ATS [...] as an advertising platform", even though that could be (and probably is) just referencing the initial ATS launch situation.
flight50

#7159 Post by flight50 » 21 Oct 2022 00:05

Sora wrote: 20 Oct 2022 19:25 This more or less aligns with what a lot of people have been saying for years now - that most companies want their new stuff in before their old stuff. We can also reverse this by saying that companies who already have their newest stuff in the game might be more willing to allow their older stuff.
Exactly and this is why I think Freightliner and Western Star are prime for this. The relationship has strengthened for sure. Freightliner only has the eCascadia in which ATS is not ready for yet and the 122SD. Western Star its the 5700 and the 4900. The 5700 is rumored to be the truck that was already in the works and the 4900 although not new, its still in production.

Then there is International in which only the HX is left. Volvo we know the new VNL is finally in the works but will it come with the VNX/VNR? Then there is Mack in which the Pinnacle is on the menu I'm sure. Paccar is the question mark for now. Several models there that are modern so we ain't getting a K100 no time soon, lol.
Vk56dehan

#7160 Post by Vk56dehan » 21 Oct 2022 00:18

flight50 wrote: 21 Oct 2022 00:05 Several models there that are modern so we ain't getting a K100 no time soon, lol.
Kinda off topic......sidestep I guess, if we ever were to get true classic trucks pre early-mid 90s, I dont think I would want them as AI as well. They are so very rare on the roads, esp cab overs (k100 for example). I can count on my hands how many times ive seen them (as an adult) when I was a kid they were everywhere. I mainly only see cabovers that are beat to h*ll running intermodal. Now anything after the late 90s are dime a dozen with O/O. Those I would like to see. I know some of these 'now' rare trucks production ran until the late 90s early 2000s, again like the k100, but it would just be out of place to see them around every corner. We all know how good scs does spawn rates for the ai....old f100 in CA for example 😂

Return to “General discussion about the game”