Next ATS truck speculation

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6271 Post by flight50 » 08 May 2022 16:06

With the way Montana blogs are going, we are in that phase of a blog every 2 weeks. It would be nice to see the 57x launch with Montana but of course that does not have to happen. June is around the corner for the start of Summer. Daimler seems pretty excited now to work with SCS so if they are thinking $$$$, they will get their product out asap. I just wish all of Daimler does this. That means Freightliner too. If the 49x is in ATS, why not get the 122SD model in. Both company are under the same umbrella but the are still competitor companies. Its just like F1 racers. Same team but they are still competing against one another. Two options, two different products.
saur44l

#6272 Post by saur44l » 08 May 2022 19:23

I think that good number of people that are involved into trucking industry are finally beginning to see or realize the potential in both games,free advertising,some of the to be truck drivers are introduced into trucking through the games,some of them at one point of their life will be owner operators(meaning potential new byers of your trucks).....so why would you pass by by opportunities like that.
dkasper00

#6273 Post by dkasper00 » 08 May 2022 19:31

If you think about it, if there are a portion that decides to take the next step and start trucking in real life, then that is fresh blood in a line of work that does need drivers. These drivers will need trucks, so brand exposure means alot.

It's clear that Daimler North America and Navistar understand what a virtual presence can mean.
In a world full of swift drivers, I'm an O/O.
Sora

#6274 Post by Sora » 08 May 2022 20:48

JackBurton wrote: 08 May 2022 10:15 57x is not even an option on our poll, yet it might be the next truck. :D
This is particularly funny because we got the 9900i right when people finally kicked it out of this poll for being too unlikely.

We could potentially go two releases without needing to reset it.
flight50

#6275 Post by flight50 » 08 May 2022 21:03

@saur44l and @dkasper00 I totally agree and that's what I've been saying the past few years. Whether these manufacturer's like it or not, they truck will be in the game. Whether SCS does it or a mod. So might as well make it official with SCS and let them make it legit. Use SCS as your virtual partner. Trailer manufacturers and tuning packs will be the same way if all the truck manufacturers get on board. Its a win win situation. Especially for SCS because there is no damage to indicated weakness. Share CAD files with a legit partner if you want to represent your truck to the fullest. The Cascadia and the 49x clearly does this.

International is no Daimler but they have proven to be very interested in what SCS is doing. That gives them another level of exposure for their products. Even the 9900i that is out of production can get exposure for the used truck market. There are replacement parts that can make money for out of production trucks so the manufacturers still get exposure.

@Sora Stop jinxing us, lmao. Your right but I sure hope the 4900 or 5700 can come along with the 57x. Otherwise yeah it could be the new VNL, Pinnacle or HX.
Sora

#6276 Post by Sora » 08 May 2022 22:26

Tbh I was going to go the other direction and suggest removing the 5700 from the poll, since this topic is apparently cursed.

Worked for the 9900i!
harishw8r

#6277 Post by harishw8r » 09 May 2022 00:44

Yeah, kick out both 5700XE and the Old Cascadia and we should be getting them next!
flight50

#6278 Post by flight50 » 09 May 2022 04:09

^Yes once we get something off this list (if not the 5700), we can remove 2 trucks. If we don't get the 5700 before something else on this list, it can go over to the out of production thread. But the problem there is we'd need a truck off that list or just reset everything by adding the 5700.
TheAmir259

#6279 Post by TheAmir259 » 09 May 2022 05:32

I might be overthinking this, and I'm not sure about Navistar but recent event seems as if it isn't just SCS that cares about this community. If we really have got to such a point, i'm pretty sure they would be more than just cooperative with SCS. Its slowly turning from just a virtual model representation or whatnot to accomodating for a different or new community.

I still stand by the guess that 57x is the closest to release, as I think even Western Star themselves are absolutely ready to release them, its just a few setbacks (especially the recently reported issue) are preventing them from releasing it sooner or just that we've really not reached the date just yet. And when that happens I'm really hoping they'd throw the SCS previously worked-on truck into the mix, of which i'm guessing a 5700xe but anything is good for me as long as its still a Western Star truck. Next on the list is as tjrr mentioned, or similar arrangements but I will be ready and unsurprise myself if SCS decides to release the new VNL first before the 57x. That is still quite possible, its just a matter of how likely, in which i'd say not quite likely.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D
Corvinus

#6280 Post by Corvinus » 09 May 2022 08:49

Would be cool hype if SCS released a trailer of a 57X pulling lumber in the Montana map.

49X was released together with IRL truck, maybe they want SCS to match timetables this time as well for the 57X. If it's not already out... I'm not entirely up to date.

Return to “General discussion about the game”