Next ATS truck speculation

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6951 Post by flight50 » 18 Aug 2022 05:05

Lmao. When people don't see results they wants, that's always the line....they lazy.
Freeze338

#6952 Post by Freeze338 » 18 Aug 2022 05:11

I saw same vehicle team released 4 trucks in a year and added them on the A.I. traffic. Now one and a half truck released yet didn't see any action about A.I. traffic.

Yeah they are working really hard... And even if they are, SCS doing nothing about increasing the capacity of vehicle team which is also laziness.
JoeAlex23

#6953 Post by JoeAlex23 » 18 Aug 2022 06:06

And do you even know for how long they were working on those trucks? No, there's also something called finding the right people with skills and paying them a fair salary, but sure, let's go with "they are just lazy".
Corvinus

#6954 Post by Corvinus » 18 Aug 2022 08:15

Things need to fall into place with licensing as well. I imagine formalities, that we players take for granted, can drag out time a lot. Like approvals for this and that.
Freeze338

#6955 Post by Freeze338 » 18 Aug 2022 10:43

JoeAlex23 wrote: 18 Aug 2022 06:06 And do you even know for how long they were working on those trucks? No, there's also something called finding the right people with skills and paying them a fair salary, but sure, let's go with "they are just lazy".
Map team capacity increased in time and SCS learned how to harvest money from them. They can do same thing to the vehicle team as well. Doing nothing about this situation while we are losing the opportunity to have trucks just because SCS couldn't keep the pace of real truck companies about releasing a new truck is a careless action. As a result A.I. traffic is lacking variety, not all new trucks getting released such as W990, New VNL, 5700(rip) etc. , also ETS2 side affected as well (which I don't care but ETS2 players cares) . Yet no solution which is laziness to me.
Seerman

#6956 Post by Seerman » 18 Aug 2022 10:46

In defense of the SCS, I want to say that the 9900 is now almost never seen on the roads, and the 57x is YET not found. But you can argue with me.
For example, the new DAF appeared simultaneously with the AI version, although it was not yet on sale at that time.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#6957 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 18 Aug 2022 10:46

so and if enough trucks are there these people start to twiddle thumbs because there is no work ?

you cant just increase people out of nowhere, also you need to find people first before you can even do it, 3D modeling isnt as easy as some people think it is
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Tristman

#6958 Post by Tristman » 18 Aug 2022 11:04

We already know that they are increasing the vehicle team, they even posted about a big new office or whatever just for the vehicle team.
It's just that we haven't seen it bear fruits yet (perhaps because it's difficult in this economy to hire new people).
flight50

#6959 Post by flight50 » 18 Aug 2022 12:15

I have to agree with others. SCS has to find people first. But yes, there was a blog last year stating they have a new floor dedicated to the vehicle team and QA team. So the intent is there to increase capacity.

Remeber it takes at least a year for a truck. Also note that the vehicle team us responsible for everything that has wheels. So drivable trucks, AI trucks, licensed trailers, non licensed trailers, AI vocational vehicles, AI classifieds C vehicles, cargo, industry cargo dlc's, licensed cargo dlc's, tuning packs, lights pack, cabin accessories, tire packs wheels, steering wheels and truck/trailer paint schemes.

So they do alot. Vehicle team is not just trucks.
JoeAlex23

#6960 Post by JoeAlex23 » 18 Aug 2022 14:26

Freeze338 wrote: 18 Aug 2022 10:43
Map team capacity increased in time and SCS learned how to harvest money from them. They can do same thing to the vehicle team as well. Doing nothing about this situation while we are losing the opportunity to have trucks just because SCS couldn't keep the pace of real truck companies about releasing a new truck is a careless action. As a result A.I. traffic is lacking variety, not all new trucks getting released such as W990, New VNL, 5700(rip) etc. , also ETS2 side affected as well (which I don't care but ETS2 players cares) . Yet no solution which is laziness to me.
You worry about that WAY too much, the trucks will come out when they are ready and are approved by the manufacturer, c'mon, you have been on this forum long enough to know how that goes, also, working with the map and working with 3D models for vehicles is a completely different beast, you can't just hire any random person and expect them to catch on, there's a specific skill needed for that and a hard one to master, and to add to that, anyone who wants to work for SCS has to live in Prague, that makes finding the right people even harder, so again, no, there's no such thing as "laziness".

Or do you think everyday the Vehicle Team goes to work they just sit around playing games and twiddling their thumbs? They are always working on something new for both games, they are in charge of everything with wheels and cargo for both games, anything far from being just "lazy".

Return to “General discussion about the game”