Next ATS truck speculation

Knightrider

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5291 Post by Knightrider » 20 Jan 2022 19:22

i've been watching/listening to a few Volvo VNL (2015/2016'ish models) engine sounds from onboard videos on youtube, and I get the impression that the engine sounds from ETS 2' Volvos (FH/FH Classic) are much closer to a real VNL' sound than what we have atm on ATS?

Does anybody else agree?
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
harishw8r

#5292 Post by harishw8r » 20 Jan 2022 19:35

flight50 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 19:11 To each is own. I love the new VNL front soo much better. Same with the Cascadia. I like its front better.
Ikr! Both are such amazing front faces. For VNL though, that front portion alone changes the entire vibe of the truck, though the rest of the truck is not a lot different from what we have in the game. Wish we get that soon.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#5293 Post by Wolfi » 20 Jan 2022 20:30

flight50 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 19:11 To each is own. I love the new VNL front soo much better. Same with the Cascadia. I like its front better.
Heh, I'd say I'm biased here. New fronts for both VNL and Cascadia are ok for me as they look cleaner, more modern and sharper than the old ones. That said, they also look less tunable. I just don't see any good looking parts available for them. Whereas both old VNL and first gen Cascadia seem to be highly customizable. It's to a point where I'm not sure which ones would I use if we got them all in CAD quality. I'd probably go for the older Cascadia and new VNL

I do have to say though that for 5700XE/57X it's similar to Cascadia. As much as I dislike the old cab and it's disaster of an interior, I love that weird, sharp, edgy front of the 5700XE. The 57X just feels bland and too similar to Cascadia for my taste. I dare say that both my mods (custom 57X with the 5700XE hood and road specced "Heritage" 49X) look better than what WS came up with. 😜
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Freeze338

#5294 Post by Freeze338 » 20 Jan 2022 22:08

I agree about paid truck DLC's as well. New models could be free but older models should be paid. With it, SCS could increase vehicle team capacity. make a vehicle team that makes the trucks which is out of production only. Even 2 new model trucks per year and 1 older model per year would be enough per game.

If vehicle team capacity grows so many new features could have been added. Just don't think that we only get older trucks. Reworks, vocational trucks, tandems, more custom parts, more stock parts, more tuning DLC's, more A.I. truck variety, better looking A.I. traffic, more trailer options and many more.

Everything is possible as soon as SCS has resources. So for supporting, I reslly would like to see paid truck DLC's .
xXCARL1992Xx

#5295 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Jan 2022 22:10

paying for truck DLCs wouldnt change it, the money they get would cover the extra people and work they would have just to get the old models
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
SirVirgoTheMess

#5296 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 20 Jan 2022 22:18

Knightrider wrote: 20 Jan 2022 19:22 i've been watching/listening to a few Volvo VNL (2015/2016'ish models) engine sounds from onboard videos on youtube, and I get the impression that the engine sounds from ETS 2' Volvos (FH/FH Classic) are much closer to a real VNL' sound than what we have atm on ATS?

Does anybody else agree?
I will disagree.Neither the ingame FH nor VNL sounds like the real thing.That's coming from someone who has heard a lot of VNL in real life.
molleh

#5297 Post by molleh » 20 Jan 2022 22:46

Freeze338 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 22:08 I agree about paid truck DLC's as well. New models could be free but older models should be paid. With it, SCS could increase vehicle team capacity. make a vehicle team that makes the trucks which is out of production only. Even 2 new model trucks per year and 1 older model per year would be enough per game.

If vehicle team capacity grows so many new features could have been added. Just don't think that we only get older trucks. Reworks, vocational trucks, tandems, more custom parts, more stock parts, more tuning DLC's, more A.I. truck variety, better looking A.I. traffic, more trailer options and many more.

Everything is possible as soon as SCS has resources. So for supporting, I reslly would like to see paid truck DLC's .
this is why i mentioned people getting triggered by the mere mention of paid DLC in my post. obviously if SCS just started charging for the same truck updates they've been doing since ETS2 and ATS came out (newer, more up-to-date versions of current popular trucks once or twice a year) then yeah, people would get upset. what i was getting at was DLCs that would be additional to their existing trend of free updates. just classic, older-style trucks alone would be perfect for DLC, and they could leave modern trucks to their free updates like always.

i mean if the options were "no paid DLC, only one or two free DLC new modern trucks a year" or "paid DLC with retro trucks or truck accessories, plus one or two free DLC new modern trucks a year" why on earth would anyone so no to the latter?
flight50

#5298 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2022 02:24

Wolfi wrote: 20 Jan 2022 20:30 Heh, I'd say I'm biased here. New fronts for both VNL and Cascadia are ok for me as they look cleaner, more modern and sharper than the old ones. That said, they also look less tunable. I just don't see any good looking parts available for them.

The 57X just feels bland and too similar to Cascadia for my taste.
Agreed. I like the new VNL and New Cascadia because exactly what you just said. They are fleet trucks and look good hauling as fleet trucks. Now for an O/O, yeah no buen. But for me, they are perfect for AI traffic and fleet lovers that don't desire tuning parts. I'd be cool with no tuning parts. That's assuming SCS is even allowed to toss on tuning parts. According to Pavel on the xmas stream, manufacturers rather have show room trucks shown vs their trucks with tuning parts.

The 57x, yeah I agree. Its not my cup of tea. Nothing like the 5700xe that had style. If we got the 57x over the 5700xe, it would honestly be my least favorite truck to look at in the game. Its too much of a hybrid Cascadia/49x. It looks too much like the offspring between the two.
JoeAlex23

#5299 Post by JoeAlex23 » 21 Jan 2022 03:51

I also agree to make paid DLC's for out of production trucks and keep free trucks that are still in production, of course, that starts another discussion about SCS waiting for a specific model to go out of production so they can make it a paid DLC, but i guess that's more for the people that never are happy with anything :lol:
Seerman

#5300 Post by Seerman » 21 Jan 2022 06:09

I would still stick to the standard practice for games though: there are basic tracks like Peterbilt 579 and MAN E5 that are free, and there are others that are paid DLC.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

Return to “General discussion about the game”