Next ATS truck speculation

Graf_Boinenn

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6781 Post by Graf_Boinenn » 11 Aug 2022 16:40

Yes @flight50 I think the vehicle team needs to increase it's capacity and receive some "founding" with classic trucks DLC. I think right now they have so many upcoming trucks for both games and the thing of those new trucks coming FREE as a DLC... it's a wonderful gesture from SCS, but I will go and buy the classics DLC just to support this folks.

Plus, if you can reach the brand going like "this can be a digital merchandise products for all your fans out there"... it's a win-win. Plus, they might share some documentation and information to make the modeling more accurate since some of them don't have CAD files...

I know that in the community there is a big fanbase for classic KWs, Freightliners & Petes that will pay to have a classic iconic truck into ATS made by SCS.
harishw8r

#6782 Post by harishw8r » 11 Aug 2022 16:50

Seerman wrote: 11 Aug 2022 15:55 If the new International has exactly the same interior as is present on all their tracks now, it will not only be a moral failure, but a moral failure of the entire industry.
Why? It’s a fully functional interior, there’s nothing wrong with it. ‘Moral failure’ lol
xXCARL1992Xx

#6783 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 11 Aug 2022 16:51

the whole industry does it, even the engines for it will be delivered from Scania (the Super ones) and MAN and VW in Brazil will also get them :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#6784 Post by oldmanclippy » 11 Aug 2022 17:14

I'd definitely pay for a Classic Trucks DLC. And yeah, I do think COEs are an easy way to bring some ETS2 players over. Yes there are mods for them but official COEs from SCS would make a difference IMO.

I love overfloater's K100 but mod trucks will always be limited compared to what SCS can do. I'd like to see SCS pull off some great COEs.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
JninFS

#6785 Post by JninFS » 11 Aug 2022 17:41

I don't fully agree with the idea that the cabovers have inherent appeal to the Europeans. Just because someone likes European cabovers doesn't mean they like American cabovers. A lot of truck preference comes from stuff like styling, and types like the K100 while a cabover very much shares the styling of its American cousins. I know personally I prefer hood style trucks, yet despite that I honestly don't like the bonnet trucks that exist in Europe because of the styling.

Personally I think they would appeal far more toward older American players than the Europeans.
flight50

#6786 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 18:00

@JninFSYou are correct on styling. But sometimes things tend to grow on people. Its a compromise. I like cabovers but not Euro cabovers. Its like you said, its really personal preference. People tend to like what they are use to but its not always the case. Some are just curious about the opposite of what they are use to seeing. People can come to terms with things if they at least try. I've tried to use Euro cabovers so its not like I haven't. The styling, the sound and no Eaton style shift gates stops me though. There is one transmission that is close though. I think the ZX or something like that. I used that and It was okay until Overfloater made his K100. I thing went back to my Eaton 18 spd.

I do know there are a lot of ETS2 players that love the K100 though. Lots of subscribers on Steam for it. That is the ideal truck to get in ATS as it has even more subscribers. Well over 100k. Like oldmanclippy said, its great and all but not everyone uses mods. ATS needs it officially from SCS.
DAFmanXFE6

#6787 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 11 Aug 2022 20:52

Personally American cabovers are much nicer than the same era European ones.
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
55sixxx

#6788 Post by 55sixxx » 11 Aug 2022 20:58

Graf_Boinenn wrote: 11 Aug 2022 15:30 I have the feeling that Old Trucks paid DLC will come from ATS and not ETS2. If the brands can see it as a digital merchandising product, it can be a chance,..
Of course, ETS2 players already have 14 old trucks (And free of charge btw) while only 3 are new and only two are in current production (Scania NG's have old engines which were dropped a while ago, so no, they are not actually in production).
GT182

#6789 Post by GT182 » 11 Aug 2022 21:13

JninFS wrote: 11 Aug 2022 17:41Personally, I think they would appeal far more toward older American players than the Europeans.
COEs would be great from SCS. I've driven a few and the nice thing is you sit higher than the hooded trucks. And you get there before they do. The only bad thing is getting to the accident before they do. They have more protection with engine up front instead of underneath you.

Coes haven't been around due to the overall length laws. Now that the overall length laws have kind of disappeared, they're not really needed now. Plus it was a PITA to get in and out of the bunk... if they had one.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
flight50

#6790 Post by flight50 » 11 Aug 2022 21:39

FalleN_KinG wrote: 11 Aug 2022 16:04 I'm sure KW and Pete have some warehouse/museum with old COE's that are spot on.
From the Out of Production thread you mentioned the new K220. There as been talk about COE coming back to the US via gossip. I see no reason why Kenworth can't re-introduce it to the US. Trailers can get even longer with this bad boy. Here is a bit of the interior. That notorious hump is gone and its looks fairly spacious to be a COE. I can see these cabs doing some regional or even log haul if carriers go to longer trailers to haul more freight. With the way diesel prices are going, I wouldn't blame them.

If rumor ever came true, this K220 is an automatic add to the poll for me.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”