Next ATS truck speculation

DAFmanXFE6

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5211 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 16 Jan 2022 11:50

The Volvo absence gets stranger the longer it goes on imo but I’m hoping it allows the other manufacturers to get more of their trucks in first.
Whenever the new VNL does come WoT user gallery is going to be full of them for pages 😂
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
flight50

#5212 Post by flight50 » 16 Jan 2022 13:41

Freeze338 wrote: 14 Jan 2022 19:23 Once I asked Oscar in this topic about 4700. He says highway trucks are their main target which means we can't see 4700 soon. Maybe HX can do it because it's easy to implement in game and International trucks looks like happy to see their models in game.
This comment keeps playing over and over in my head. It okay to target highway (OTR) but where things can go wrong is limiting ATS. Vocational/Highway shouldn't be a crime. SCS should not limit to fleet OTR nor limit past generations of trucks. None of us knows SCS's stance on generations of trucks. We are pretty much going by the current roster of trucks we have. Whether SCS is onboard will all trucks or just a small portion of trucks is where I have to draw the line. Where I think SCS is messing up with ATS trucks is only going with modern and in production trucks. If the vehicle team is going to expand and get larger, that means more capacity. More for trucks, trailers, AI vehicle, cargo....whatever. The problem I see is that if SCS wants to increase ATS support and gain a healthy dose of newcomers, the formula is easy. Open up the ATS truck roster. For every one new modern truck, there should be one older truck. That is 2 trucks a year.

Why open the roster? Simple and this can go for ETS2 as well, but I'm not aware of European truck history, anywho...there is a diverse community here for SCS. Not just on this forum but everywhere. There are people of all ages and genders that play their games. People from different generations would rather see trucks from their generation. Imho, SCS needs to test these waters when they have capacity. Not everyone wants to play with modern trucks. Not everyone wants an aerodynamic truck like like people don't know about older trucks. Games like Mudrunner/Snowrunner and perhaps even Farm Simulator opened up to generational trucks. They are not all current in production. Different style of game but the roster is still open which means older licenses. The thing about truck love, is the pure appearance of it. Take anything from this list. Even just one and bring it to ATS. Watch the buzz come around that one truck. What he people pile in to play with that one model. Keep bringing and people will keep returning. Watch the request pile up for more older trucks. With capacity, I don't see a reason not to expand the truck roster from years past as well as the present. That is truck history that people of all ages are missing out on.

The topic will never die to introduce older trucks. I'd test the waters if I was SCS. Cater to everyone, not just the current generations of truckers. If SCS wants more people from the ETS2 community as well as total newcomers, a COE is a must. Pick one and watch the buzz it creates. Watch the support and the player base increase. As the map gets larger, ATS is already generating more attention than it did since its first paid map dlc. Open up the truck roster models from the 18 WoS games and now you have people's attention. The thing that upset that first wave of players for ATS's launch, was the lack of map and the lack of trucks. It wasn't comparable to what they knew. You can't expect people to support your new game when the old game offered more in these 2 regards. The map quality is there and production has increased to multiple maps. The quality has also risen for trucks. The problem is the roster. Mix in some old with the new and monitor how the community takes to it all. There is a slew of trucks for North American history that could be in ATS.

As a big fan of SCS that wants the best for ATS, I'd highly consider opening up the truck roster a lot more. You never know what person can tell the next, or get their kids or grandkids, wife, husband, daughter, uncle, aunt, cousin, friend supporting the game. Its easy to promote ATS if more was available. Marketing the product and word of mouth can go a long ways but you have to have something to catch people's eye. Catching the eye is one thing, but I am sure SCS's goal is to keep that eye entertained and coming back for more. Pavel may not have all the right answers but the community will always talk about what they want and Pavel will have to weigh his thoughts. It never hurts to give things deeper thought. The one thing he doesn't want to do is be closed minded. That = limitations.
Freeze338

#5213 Post by Freeze338 » 16 Jan 2022 15:48

Well I wanted to see older models too. But I want to see vocational trucks more than that. But the thing is, SCS cannot keep the pace of manufacturers about class 8 trucks and that's why we cannot get most of the trucks like old Cascadia. So how are they gonna release vocational trucks and keep the pace of manufacturers?

I really wanted to drive Kenworth T440 tanker truck in ATS. Now it's out of production. Kenworth dropped that model on last year. 2-3 trucks per year isn't enough to release new and old class 8 trucks . At least 4-5 trucks needed per year for each game. With it they can release older models as well. But for the vocational it needs more resources. We get 49X but not the vocational option. Is it something about they needed to change gameplay or something else, I don't know.

Currently they are focusing the map and I understand that. But vehicles are important as much the map. Also sounds, physics, gameplay... A lot of things are also important. I don't know they are aware or not.
tjrr

#5214 Post by tjrr » 16 Jan 2022 16:25

flight50 wrote: 15 Jan 2022 22:09
Tarcansari wrote: 15 Jan 2022 20:16 Which Truck Are You Waiting For After The 9900i Truck?
What I am waiting for and what I think can be 2 different things. I think the VNL or a WS is up next. I wouldn't be surprised if both came this year. If the 9900i is coming soon, 2022 can be just like 2020 when we the Anthem, 49x and Cascadia.

To get 3 this year, one has to pretty much be done. The 9900i fits that. The Pinnacle is half done so its a good option time wise. The ground up model can be anything else. But I hope it's a WS. That 4900 55sixxx posted awhile back.....man that truck was sweet. I'd park my W900 for part time duty to roll that 2022 4900.

Otherwise, the 5700ex got me. If we got the 57x instead, I won't bother. It's too much like the 49x and I'm not impressed at all.
agree, for now we only know that we don't have to wait for too long for the 9900i, (since it will probably come out in the first quarter of the year), if it comes out this month or even in february we would be in a great position to get 3 trucks like in 2020, personally i would like following the 9900i the vnl and a ws, doesn't matter which (5700, 4900 or 57x), but i think that what will happen is a completely new truck probably vnl or a ws, and if this new truck is the second to release, the third could be pinnacle or hx since those have a similar interior to other respective brand's models, but if the second to release was the half done, i would say that it was the pinnacle since i don't think they do 3 international back to back
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
flight50

#5215 Post by flight50 » 16 Jan 2022 16:44

Yeah if the HX has a chance for this year, it needs to be the last truck. People are wanting other brands at this point. The LT just coming out, we can wait a bit for another International.
tjrr

#5216 Post by tjrr » 16 Jan 2022 17:25

exacly, personally i would like it would came for last this year and wait a little longer for pinnacle since it would have only 500hp, and from the trucks i use, the anthem is one of my favorites due to the design followed by the 49x, but i have it almost always parked compared to the other 3 (cascadia, 49x, vnl), because of the lack of power, but even happier would be if we have another ws or finally the new vnl, if one of thoose is the case i would immediatelly sold my old vnl and replace it for one of those, same for 9900i, sometimes i would like to use a classic truck, i tried the w900 and replaced it for the 389 and didn't fit my style that much, was about to replace the 389 that still have for a lonestar or lt and give up on the classics when they teased the 9900i, so the 389 has been parked since waiting to be replaced
with this said, i would still be happy to see the pinnacle instead the hx since any new truck means good news for the game and players that might want to use that truck in specific
Last edited by tjrr on 16 Jan 2022 17:49, edited 1 time in total.
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
Freeze338

#5217 Post by Freeze338 » 16 Jan 2022 17:48

That logic... That's why I'm not wrting on ETS2 section.

First of all even SCS releases the trucks since release date of the ATS it's not enough. You know why? The existence of humanity haven't started in 2016. There are trucks which is out of production before 2016 are taking their sides of the road in reality. Just open a simple trucking vlog on YouTube. You'll see Freightliner Classic XL, Freightliner Century, Freightliner Columbia, Coronado, Peterbilt 386, 587, Kenworth T700, T2000 and many many more.

I'm not living in states but I know their culture a bit. They do care old things a lot. So if you see 1998 model Peterbilt 379 or Kenworth T600 it's not abnormal thing.

I'm from Turkey. I can talk about ETS2 trucks. Yeah there are a lot of F-MAX exist in there. But it's not only that. 2004 Scania, Ford Cargo ( older generation of F MAX) Mercedes Axor and many older models existing on the roads. So adding those in the game is making sense.

@tjrr you've edited your post. Well I'm not changing mine. But I wanna add one more thing. 500 HP is enough for regular haul for almost everywhere in the world. Those 700hp trucks are really rare if you take a sample all around the Europe. Only northern regions prefers them because of high elevation roads with heavy loads ( tandem ). Anthem made for regular haul.
tjrr

#5218 Post by tjrr » 16 Jan 2022 18:05

Freeze338 wrote: 16 Jan 2022 17:48 That logic... That's why I'm not wrting on ETS2 section.

First of all even SCS releases the trucks since release date of the ATS it's not enough. You know why? The existence of humanity haven't started in 2016. There are trucks which is out of production before 2016 are taking their sides of the road in reality. Just open a simple trucking vlog on YouTube. You'll see Freightliner Classic XL, Freightliner Century, Freightliner Columbia, Coronado, Peterbilt 386, 587, Kenworth T700, T2000 and many many more.

I'm not living in states but I know their culture a bit. They do care old things a lot. So if you see 1998 model Peterbilt 379 or Kenworth T600 it's not abnormal thing.

I'm from Turkey. I can talk about ETS2 trucks. Yeah there are a lot of F-MAX exist in there. But it's not only that. 2004 Scania, Ford Cargo ( older generation of F MAX) Mercedes Axor and many older models existing on the roads. So adding those in the game is making sense.
i agree they sould add thoose, but in my opinion they should prioritise the ones int market since the release of the, not because the others shouldn't be there, but because they don't have a bigg capacity ans so start with thoose and then go for the others, because of not you are condition to drive a specific truck depending of the era of truck you want, and personally i prefer to have a chpice between rival trucks
about ets2, the older trucks in game are reestyle versions of those very early 2000s and at least here, you already don't see them for ages, the f-max only this new generation was sold year, but like kamaz for russia, if they expand the map i agree they should expand the trucks in game correspondely, since i'm from portugal, only can speak for what i see here and know, if the old f-max was sold in turkey for example, then like the case of kamaz and russia they should be added, but i would say prioritise the new ones, since the game went to those parts of the map later and then do the old models, for who feels nostalgic about those trucks, just because i didn't want to see a new case of the vnl, but this is just my opinion

tjrr

#5219 Post by tjrr » 16 Jan 2022 18:16

Freeze338 wrote: 16 Jan 2022 17:48
@tjrr you've edited your post. Well I'm not changing mine. But I wanna add one more thing. 500 HP is enough for regular haul for almost everywhere in the world. Those 700hp trucks are really rare if you take a sample all around the Europe. Only northern regions prefers them because of high elevation roads with heavy loads ( tandem ). Anthem made for regular haul.
about the power, i know it is enough, here almost all trucks in real life have less than 500hp, i only talk about my preference in game as a player and as i said, for me i would prefer the hx since i feel i would use it more, but it's personnal opinion, and as i also said, i would still be happy with the pinnacle coming since the more trucks the better for the game independentelly of which truck and although i might not use it others will, and the game as to please the most people possible while representing the reality since after all it is a simulator

about the edit post, i undearstood that you answer to the original, that's why i answer you above, i actually remove that first post because after reading i felt like since ets2 expand so much in terms of maps for countries with diferent tuck markets, others could feel that there were other trucks missing and my opinion wasn't the most accurate due to ignorance of doose markets

overall, i just like to see a big choice, and prefer every truck from a certain year gap, than one truck from each generation,(after all it is a game and it isn't reallystic to have every truck ever in existence), and that is what i tried to say, and why i say i prefer them focusing on the ones missing since the release of the game, does't mean i'm against they adding older truck, long term if we could i wouldn't mind every truck since the 90's until now for example, but being realistic in the capacity of releasing trucks that scs shown, short term i prefer them focusing on the newer stuff in production since 2016 like they seem to be doing, besides, if they don't increase capacity and only add newer stuff it will be the day the 2016 trucks will be old and will happen the same that happen with ets2, that currently at least for western europe such as Portugal, the older trucks in game are older trucks you see on real life roads and you don't feel the lack of the 90's trucks like by the time i started playing it in 2012, i love old stuff and with that classic trucks, but in the same way i think ets2 needs more the new s-way than a fh12 or scania 143, i feel the same long term with the ats, but just my opinion and doesn't mean anything

TheAmir259

#5220 Post by TheAmir259 » 17 Jan 2022 03:44

IIRC, not even my anticipated VNX has a Volvo D16 600+ horsepower option anymore, they're now limited to 500hp max, and for that 600 hp option you'll have to pick a Cummins engine, but obviously i don't mind the engine nor am i the person who always picks the highest horsepower option. The issue at hand is the variety of trucks in-game. I would appreciate it if we're no longer sticking to 2 trucks per year as that just sounds as horrible as 2 map DLCs per year (for ATS) and at that pace we're not gonna get the full extent of USA until 2040 at least but the maps are in a different case and different topic so lets get back to trucks now.

I feel like trying to push for the HX if possible is still better for us, even if it means up to 3 International truck releases back-to-back, as aside from rumours creating, we obviously can't say this is favouritism. Our ultimate goal is obviously to get as much trucks as possible, the diversification of truck options, especially from a single manufacturer. You can't just say "ah, (the ingame) Western Star is only for vocational" or whatnot, as every individual manufacturers (we've got in-game) so far have done all specs and types of trucks, so the reasoning of (not allowing) 3 International trucks back-to-back for fear of being favouritist or options getting boring are not valid at all, any truck is better than not getting them, or even rejecting them.
Two wrongs don't make a right, three lefts...do :D

Return to “General discussion about the game”