Next ATS truck speculation

flight50

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5301 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2022 09:50

JoeAlex23 wrote: 21 Jan 2022 03:51 that starts another discussion about SCS waiting for a specific model to go out of production so they can make it a paid DLC
Good point. I still wouldn't be upset. I'd pay for all trucks if it means I can see more on the road with the option of driving them.
Tristman

#5302 Post by Tristman » 21 Jan 2022 11:56

Regarding out of production trucks, I think at some point they would have to severely decrease their spawn ratio in AI traffic or make them exclusive for own use (same could be done with brand new trucks that aren't really on the road yet).
It wouldn't make sense if they spawned in traffic as often as all the current trucks.
Last edited by Tristman on 21 Jan 2022 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
axl135

#5303 Post by axl135 » 21 Jan 2022 13:56

@Tristam-94 I agree. I rarely see any class 8 COE’s on the road IRL. Same with conventionals that are 30+ years old.
tjrr

#5304 Post by tjrr » 21 Jan 2022 14:42

55sixxx wrote: 20 Jan 2022 15:18 SCS simply won't turn trucks into paid DLC's... Yes, some users here on the forum wouldn't mind but, c'mon... Start thinking on a larger scale... Do you really think that the people whom always got trucks for free will be happy to hear that they're now being turned into pay-ware content. They won't. The amount of people complaing and dissing on SCS everywhere will be overwhelmingly big. And SCS knows that.

ATS/ETS2 is one of the only few games that you don't actually have to whip out you CC from your wallet to buy a new/specific vehicle and i hope it stays like this.

And the speed they do stuff is not related to the amount of funding the vehicle team gets... So you'd basically be paying like 5 or 6 USD/EUR for something that will be released at the same rate with the same quality and that you USED to get for free. (The devs even said themselves that it takes quite a bit of time to model a truck... And they don't even use the entire vehicle team probably because of NDA's, so even if they increase the size of the team, there would still be only like, 2 or 3 people working on the project.)
agree with @55sixxx , honestly i don't think trucks should be paid, a dlc with several older trucks from the early 2000s or somethimg like that i may accept, but, not everyone who plays the game is in a position, or want to pay that much for new contnt, i think that it might turn players away from the game, honestly even the map dlc's i only buy in promotion from time to time and never bought a paint dlc for example, so i think that at least the more recent trucks such as the ones in the poll should not be paid, because money is needed for other more important things in life and there are a lot of people playing that can't and won't accept pay constantly for new things in game, it is already hard enough to buy all the map dlc, which i accept and agree since scs as to win money from something, but paying for trucks, that sound like something ubisoft would do for example and i'm pleased scs doesn't
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
tjrr

#5305 Post by tjrr » 21 Jan 2022 14:49

molleh wrote: 20 Jan 2022 22:46
Freeze338 wrote: 20 Jan 2022 22:08 I agree about paid truck DLC's as well. New models could be free but older models should be paid. With it, SCS could increase vehicle team capacity. make a vehicle team that makes the trucks which is out of production only. Even 2 new model trucks per year and 1 older model per year would be enough per game.

If vehicle team capacity grows so many new features could have been added. Just don't think that we only get older trucks. Reworks, vocational trucks, tandems, more custom parts, more stock parts, more tuning DLC's, more A.I. truck variety, better looking A.I. traffic, more trailer options and many more.

Everything is possible as soon as SCS has resources. So for supporting, I reslly would like to see paid truck DLC's .
this is why i mentioned people getting triggered by the mere mention of paid DLC in my post. obviously if SCS just started charging for the same truck updates they've been doing since ETS2 and ATS came out (newer, more up-to-date versions of current popular trucks once or twice a year) then yeah, people would get upset. what i was getting at was DLCs that would be additional to their existing trend of free updates. just classic, older-style trucks alone would be perfect for DLC, and they could leave modern trucks to their free updates like always.

i mean if the options were "no paid DLC, only one or two free DLC new modern trucks a year" or "paid DLC with retro trucks or truck accessories, plus one or two free DLC new modern trucks a year" why on earth would anyone so no to the latter?
if they wanted to increase funding for veicle team that is the situation i would accept the most, because who isn't in a position of paying constantly for new dlc still has new trucks in the game which keep the interest of players, and if you want and are in the position to do it then you can pay for those other trucks that normally as thing stay aren't that expected to come to the game

and we can't forget, tunning dlc is already paid, and doing more of this dlc can be a way to fund that vehicle team without asking people to pay for new trucks that might cause some controversy
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
flight50

#5306 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2022 17:25

@tjrr and this is the point I keep bringing up.......no one is forced to pay for what they don't want to/can't afford. I understand not everyone can afford everything. But what about the people that can. You all are only thinking about yourselves and you all can't do. That is where I draw the line. Because some can't afford, why be selfish and hold back others? Many people want more content and will happily pay for it. There are sales that go on all the time. Catch up that way. No one has to have paid things day one. Its like asking any of you to work for free. I don't think there is one person on here that is willing to tell their boss they will for for 365 days for free. When we get free stuff.. that is 365+ days that SCS has to eat cost to pay several employees, just so people can continue getting things for free. Life isn't free. SCS has bills and payroll just like anyone with employees. There are many times when people can't afford something and I buy map dlc's for people. There are ways to still get things. SCS does giveaways as well.

If getting more trucks means getting more people in SCS, they need to be profitable still. Trucks are one of the most time consuming parts of the vehicle team, yet not everyone uses them equally. Maps, everyone has to drive it and most people don't bother modding maps. We got what we got. We see the same stuff everyday for maps. But trucks, people customize them differently, people use certain vanilla trucks or mods with all that added variety. That variety comes at a cost to someone. Mod or dev. If some can't afford it, that is no fault of anyone of us. I don't mean to sound mean but I'm just trying to paint the picture for you and others like you that can't or don't want to pay for non core content. Every one of us has different situations in life. Why hold paying customers back. If we can help fund more help at SCS, everyone benefits in due time. I'll tell you what...If SCS ever makes a paid out of production truck, I'll buy it for you. Just find this exact post to remind me that I told you that. I keep my word on here when it comes to me buying something for someone. I'd much rather help an ATS supporter pay for a dlc they can't afford to give SCS another sale than for SCS to miss a sale.
JoeAlex23

#5307 Post by JoeAlex23 » 21 Jan 2022 18:35

^ I 100% agree with everything said there, me personally would love to see every truck for free but i know that's not possible, there are A LOT of players that pay 25$, 40$ and even 80$ to 100$ for a SINGLE truck mod, SCS charging 5$ to 10$ for a truck is nothing, there is good money on the table for SCS to take with current SCS quality made paid trucks, it's a no-brainer, and they will always have support right away with every new update, no need to wait for a modder to update anything.
ASDF

#5308 Post by ASDF » 21 Jan 2022 18:38

flight50 wrote: 21 Jan 2022 17:25 @tjrr and this is the point I keep bringing up.......no one is forced to pay for what they don't want to/can't afford. I understand not everyone can afford everything. But what about the people that can. You all are only thinking about yourselves and you all can't do. That is where I draw the line. Because some can't afford, why be selfish and hold back others? Many people want more content and will happily pay for it. There are sales that go on all the time. Catch up that way. No one has to have paid things day one. Its like asking any of you to work for free. I don't think there is one person on here that is willing to tell their boss they will for for 365 days for free. When we get free stuff.. that is 365+ days that SCS has to eat cost to pay several employees, just so people can continue getting things for free. Life isn't free. SCS has bills and payroll just like anyone with employees. There are many times when people can't afford something and I buy map dlc's for people. There are ways to still get things. SCS does giveaways as well.

If getting more trucks means getting more people in SCS, they need to be profitable still. Trucks are one of the most time consuming parts of the vehicle team, yet not everyone uses them equally. Maps, everyone has to drive it and most people don't bother modding maps. We got what we got. We see the same stuff everyday for maps. But trucks, people customize them differently, people use certain vanilla trucks or mods with all that added variety. That variety comes at a cost to someone. Mod or dev. If some can't afford it, that is no fault of anyone of us. I don't mean to sound mean but I'm just trying to paint the picture for you and others like you that can't or don't want to pay for non core content. Every one of us has different situations in life. Why hold paying customers back. If we can help fund more help at SCS, everyone benefits in due time. I'll tell you what...If SCS ever makes a paid out of production truck, I'll buy it for you. Just find this exact post to remind me that I told you that. I keep my word on here when it comes to me buying something for someone. I'd much rather help an ATS supporter pay for a dlc they can't afford to give SCS another sale than for SCS to miss a sale.
I agree, there is a saying in China that "there is no free lunch in the world". It is feasible and practical to use trucks as paid DLC. After all, the staff of the scs software vehicle team need to eat and sleep just like us. need money. Just like map DLC, paint DLC, adjustment parts DLC, you don't like this DLC, and no one will urge you to buy this DLC you don't like, after all, new players who buy European Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator are every day Yes, they may not want to buy today, they may want to buy tomorrow, we don't know.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
ASDF

#5309 Post by ASDF » 21 Jan 2022 18:39

JoeAlex23 wrote: 21 Jan 2022 18:35 ^ I 100% agree with everything said there, me personally would love to see every truck for free but i know that's not possible, there are A LOT of players that pay 25$, 40$ and even 80$ to 100$ for a SINGLE truck mod, SCS charging 5$ to 10$ for a truck is nothing, there is good money on the table for SCS to take with current SCS quality made paid trucks, it's a no-brainer, and they will always have support right away with every new update, no need to wait for a modder to update anything.
yes, I agree
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
tjrr

#5310 Post by tjrr » 21 Jan 2022 18:53

flight50 wrote: 21 Jan 2022 17:25 @tjrr and this is the point I keep bringing up.......no one is forced to pay for what they don't want to/can't afford. I understand not everyone can afford everything. But what about the people that can. You all are only thinking about yourselves and you all can't do. That is where I draw the line. Because some can't afford, why be selfish and hold back others? Many people want more content and will happily pay for it. There are sales that go on all the time. Catch up that way. No one has to have paid things day one. Its like asking any of you to work for free. I don't think there is one person on here that is willing to tell their boss they will for for 365 days for free. When we get free stuff.. that is 365+ days that SCS has to eat cost to pay several employees, just so people can continue getting things for free. Life isn't free. SCS has bills and payroll just like anyone with employees. There are many times when people can't afford something and I buy map dlc's for people. There are ways to still get things. SCS does giveaways as well.
it's not a question of being selfish, it's a questionof thinking that it wouldn't be beneficial to the game, because a lets say theres a 50/50 of people playing the game that can and can't afford buying constantlyy dlc, no one is forced to as you said, but looking for the example of ets2, back in 2012 steam purchases wheren't all that common at least here in the region, a lot of people that i know started playing the game downloading it for free on the web and mods for the respective version, which doesn't help in any way the scs, what made many of thoose people buy the game later and respective map dlc was the free adition of trucks, so yes, at first it looks like it is free, but in reality it makes people that probably would got the game in other less legit ways to actually buy it and buy the dlc also, bringing indirectly more money to scs
i understand that who can afford want to pay for it in order to try and get more, but thing are not that easy, the capacity of the vehicle team won't grow from day to night and theres the question of marketing, the less it appears to people they pay to get in this case the game with everything the more they will be willing to pay for the rest, i think that it needs to be balanced and that scs found that balance with the dlc that are currently paid, and as i said you can finance the vehicle team with tunning and trailer DLCs, or even as i said, i'm not agains for example a classic truck DLCfor trucks like the argosy, coronado, mack R, etc. but i think thaving something free as important for the game as the trucks, it actually brings people to the game.
back in 2012 i knew a lot of people playing the game, but none had bought it, with time and thoose same people endeed up buying the game instead of just download it from just any piracy web site they would found which is a reality unfortunately for companys like SCS
Last edited by tjrr on 21 Jan 2022 19:34, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “General discussion about the game”