Next ATS truck speculation

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#7511 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2022 20:53

it is a shirt, they bough as souvenir or got from a guy from Mack when they were in the states, also it is the Anthem on it, it is just a god damn shirt
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trenero

#7512 Post by Trenero » 25 Nov 2022 20:57

is the shirt that confirmate pinnacle is next :lol:

Bulldog rules!

C'mon guys, we can't disappoint SCS we need to read between lines and make theories, how SCS employee will entertain themselves in the office without our theories
Last edited by Trenero on 25 Nov 2022 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7513 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Nov 2022 21:00

you do know this video was never meant to be public ? why should they hid anything in it ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Trenero

#7514 Post by Trenero » 25 Nov 2022 21:07

@xXCARL1992Xx Shhhhh let the youtubers do their job and inform about it :lol:
Freeze338

#7515 Post by Freeze338 » 26 Nov 2022 13:53

flight50 wrote: 22 Nov 2022 14:23

To be honest, I don't think its the manufacturers at all. Its SCS. Old trucks are not their focus. We see older licensed trucks in several other games to date. Maybe SCS doesn't want to commit to the resources of older trucks at this time, maybe older trucks are more expensive licenses or maybe manufacturer say yes but get our current OTR out first. We have no idea but I wouldn't point all the fingers at manufacturers. The new VNL is just now in the works. The NG 579, NG T680...the W990...we don't have them and they've been out for awhile now and are on roads already. No debuts with those. So things imho lies with capacity of the vehicle team and the vision of Pavel.

If SCS's focus is modern OTR, then others take a back seat and for how long?
I totally agree. It's SCS not manufacturers. And according to you " maybe manufacturer say yes but get our current OTR out first. " that's the reason. I'm reading meaningless nonsense comments couple of pages. People believes licenses are so expensive so SCS cannot afford. Or they are not focusing older trucks etc. Licenses are not costing billions or something. If that so then they cannot get so many licenses instantly on older trucks in ETS2. Once they were fake brands. After SCS made a deal with them they become licensed trucks in the game. SCS didn't bankrupt in that time and they were way smaller than current SCS. So their current economy can afford to buy the licenses. And also manufacturers would give the licenses without any problem but probably they wanted to see their current models first. The problem is, who's gonna make those trucks??

If SCS has separate and multiple teams for trucks for both games alongside a team who works with trailers, a team works with A.I. vehicles and a team works with customization packs and truck physics then we could have older trucks without any problem. There are so many trucks on the road in real life that maybe no longer on the production line. Ignoring them is a huge mistake. Also for the love of God, this thing is also a truck no matter some of you ignores it or don't pretend it as it's a not real thing.

[ external image ]

But instead of that what do we have? A vehicle team which does every single thing on the wheel. At the and ETS2 players waits for Western Star 57X or International 9900I for MAN TGX. ATS players who waits for MAN TGX because after that maybe whoever works on that truck, maybe could have work for the next ATS truck. Reworks are waiting, tandems and vocationals are waiting, trailers and customization packs are waiting and older trucks???? Not happening because vehicle team doesn't have enough manpower.

Btw I tagged you because you are the only one who thinks reasonable about this situation.
flight50

#7516 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2022 16:22

Pavel limits truck production. I can't say on purpose really but I can say from lack of trust. He does not want to outsource and that hurts both games. They will never get caught up at current pace and with demand coming from all 14 truck manufacturers. I know for a fact that getting a small North American team together of contractors or even a remote office can do wonders. I went to Art school here. I graduated in a 3d program here. There are tons of schools in the US that teaches 3d and its amazing what these people do nowadays. Way too many students come out each quarter...each year and don't have jobs and settle for low end jobs. Not enough gaming companies here to accept them. Totally opposite in Prague. If Pavel branched out more and gave chances under contracts at the least, I don't see the harm. Contract, you are not employed directly by SCS. Contract is perfect for trail and error. At least that is how contract works here in the US. We could have a lot more from the vehicle team if Pavel reached out a little more. He could find a lot more talent if it tried. I could easily go to my Art and talk to people to send resumes and portfolios to SCS. The Art school I went to has a network in almost every major city. If they all linked up and posted for SCS, instantly hundreds of potential contracts right there. All of them would be 18 years or older. Covid has proved one thing for the entire world...........it can work remotely.

Programming and vehicle team are the two departments where SCS needs to invest in heavily. The map teams are there but these other 2, need lots more growth to meet demand of today's SCS fans. The truck demand is crazy and will be crazy for a decade or more. Pavel and help the situation if it trusted a little more. I like Pavel. I love watching all his streams and interviews that are in English in some way. I love what he is doing but he is limiting SCS to many opportunities across the board. I hope someday he blows the doors off SCS and he allows ATS to generate a lot more income for SCS. The North American market has to be reached in a different manner than the ETS2 market and I don't think Pavel is exercising that enough with ATS. Partner up with a small company or team here in the US.........5 years ago, that remote office in the US was too soon. I honestly think its time. I bet someone like Western Star or International and maybe even Paccar again would be excited to get more marketing potential in ATS.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7517 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2022 16:25

they outsourced once and got burned with it, this is why New Mexico took so long, the work they got wasnt to their liking and they had to redo it anyway, so time wasted

and when something like this happens trust isnt easily gained again to try it, yes SCS has remote people working but not people that are freelancers with a contract to do work for them
[ external image ]
flight50

#7518 Post by flight50 » 26 Nov 2022 18:00

Yes I remember the New Mexico issue. That was 2016-2017 and time has past. Not to mention that was a map, I'm talking about trucks, trailers, cargo and AI vehicles. A map in which SCS has their own editor is not easy to use. Trucks are probably done in Maya and lots of Art programs use Maya. Trucks can also be done in blender which is not the SCS map editor, so I disagree with the relation. The school I came from uses Maya so this is not the same thing. Anything proprietary to SCS, yes I can agree with being more cautious. Outsourcing for the vehicle team is a different beast.
xXCARL1992Xx

#7519 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Nov 2022 18:07

that doesnt matter really, if you got burned with outsourcing work you will not try it again in the foreseeable future, regardless what it is, they tried it and it was a negative experience for them, the other question is if the manufacturer even want outsiders to get data, it is one thing if it is done inhouse by SCS employees but a different matter if the data is accessed from outside by contracted people, might not be the case for every truck depending on what they use to create them, but if newer trucks with CAD data are made i doubt they are allowed to give them out, double so when it is a new release like the DAF or Western Star
[ external image ]
flight50

#7520 Post by flight50 » 27 Nov 2022 01:12

I can agree with no CAD files to outsourced people which is why I talked about using contract people months ago on here. I mentioned use them only to do out of production trucks and leave internal SCS to do in production trucks. Outsourced people can do the same SCS did the 2016 models....with pics and internet references. People like XBS, Harven and overfloater have created good quality models without manufacturer's aids that look better than SCS older trucks. Outsourcing vehicles are not tied to time constraints like maps are. So I agree on the SCS getting burned and wasting time and having to fix that type stuff. If the outsourced models are not good, move on, SCS doesn't' have to bother or fix it. Move to the next person. SCS just needs to come up with a list of old trucks in a que and let people go at it. Show what they made of as the resume. There's thousands of qualified people out there and if Pavel continues to have the idea of getting burned, SCS will always be behind on trucks, trailers and cargo. The manpower is hard to come by in Prague. People rather not move to Prague just to work for SCS. That's asking a lot for some people.

Outsourced you don't owe benefits to people as they are not employees. They are paid for their services, nothing more. Its the fastest way to populate the game to help out the struggling vehicle team. Outsourcing could even replace the outdated trucks. I don't expect everyone to agree with the thought of outsource but as usual, I'm providing feedback for solutions. Its a thought I'll always have a feasible. But staying on current course is not a solution most of this fan base is happy with. Vehicles, cargo, trailers, tuning packs, wheel packs.............they are coming too slow. SCS seems to not have a solution to meet demand as more and more manufacturers want in the games. They need the manpower by any means necessary or keep loosing people with the hopes of gaining new ones. Don't meet the demand of manufacturers and now you jeopardize their relationships with them. Imho, that is what happened with Paccar. Luckily Oscar seems to have gained them back.

Return to “General discussion about the game”