Next ATS truck speculation

vmfrlt

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6741 Post by vmfrlt » 03 Aug 2022 13:08

Is there a reason why the Western Star 57X does not have bumper lower air dam and front wheel air dam?

I don't understand that the air dam is missing while promoting fuel efficiency. :?:
My PC Specification
  • Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 7 1800X
  • VGA: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Xtreme Edition 11G
  • RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR (8G x 4)
oldmanclippy

#6742 Post by oldmanclippy » 03 Aug 2022 13:12

howey wrote: 03 Aug 2022 00:58 3 Points I'm just going to say about the chatter over the last few pages.
1 The vehicle team isn't small as it once was and trucks shouldn't be the priority any more when there are other elements within the vehicle team skills that are more of a priority now then trying to pump out every single truck asap.

2 Doubt we'll see the 5700 now in the short term the 57x takes its place as the OTR in fact just increases the 4900 chances now with it being the all rounder. With that plus being a Classic and it's flagship model till the 49 and 57x series just makes sense to have to take the same approach as International and have one of each a Vocational, OTR and classic style truck.

3 If you still think WS is mainly targeted for O.O now your dreaming. The 57x proves that they want a piece of the huge fleet operater market. Good thing thosugh is that the 57x suits that style of market compared to the 49x and even with the Freightliner sleeper I actually like the look of it. Much nicer look the 5700 was imo.
I agree, 57X release does make the 4900 more likely as the next Western Star to come to the game. International took a great approach with their relationship with SCS. Modern Fleet Aero, Modern OO Aero, and Almost-Modern Classic-Style. Western Star could get Modern Vocational, Modern OTR, and Modern Classic, like you say. A well rounded lineup.

I love the 9900i and it's my favorite truck in ATS at the moment, but the interior does lack a bit of sexiness. Just look at that 4900 interior and try to tell me that's not sexy lol:

[ external image ]

Perhaps more than ever following the uninspired 57X, I want something different in ATS. The 9900i was a great step in that direction. VNL, 122SD, 4900, Oldcadia, Pinnacle, T680 Next-Gen, all would give us something new to ATS in some way. Some would be easier (Pinnacle, Oldcadia, 4900 if that's the pre-49X WS that SCS worked on), and some would be harder (VNL, 122SD, 4900 otherwise, T680NG) to bring to the game, but I do think that we won't see a launch as boring as the 57X for some time now.
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
Knightrider

#6743 Post by Knightrider » 03 Aug 2022 15:45

After being very happy with recent releases such the International LT and the 9900i, the 57X release turned out to be a huge disapointment personally because of the absence of analog dashboards - which still are listed as options in the manufacturers website as we speak. This might not be a big deal for most of the player base I think, but its a huge blow for me. I hate digital dashboards/gauges with a passion.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
Seerman

#6744 Post by Seerman » 03 Aug 2022 15:47

Civilization is moving forward and its course must be accepted and taken for granted.
I translate via Google Translate. Sometimes he does it badly. I beg understand and forgive. :geek:

#6745 Post by Knightrider » 03 Aug 2022 15:55

The point is that the option is available in the RL truck if the website is of any indicative.
Best Regards.

Wolfi
Beta tester

#6746 Post by Wolfi » 03 Aug 2022 16:02

The thing is: we don't know if having a digi-dash only wasn't a request from Western Star.
If you watched the stream, it was quite clear that WS and SCS were in very close cooperation during the truck's production process.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Knightrider

#6747 Post by Knightrider » 03 Aug 2022 16:12

wolfi fair enough, its a reasonable point that did not escaped me and as I said in the WS thread its a quality model nevertheless. Its just hard to cope sometimes when its not how I imagined it would be. it is what it is though, thats life.
Best Regards.

Holzauge

#6748 Post by Holzauge » 03 Aug 2022 16:47

I would like to see an analog dashboard - as an option, of course. Maybe more stuff may be added in time. Remember the 49X. It started with a daycab only version. And look what we have now!

But this would be a "nice to have", not necessary...
VDMA
rookie_one

#6749 Post by rookie_one » 03 Aug 2022 16:48

And who knows, maybe they will add it in the future with the mid-roof 60 inch sleeper ;)
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
flight50

#6750 Post by flight50 » 03 Aug 2022 17:43

Honestly, I don't think this 57x is as complete as it can be. Its very possible that in due time, more comes with it. But for a day one release along side WS, the 57x is well done considering what we got with the 49x that was in the exact same situation awhile back.

Boring or not, uninterested or not, its yet another high quality truck for ATS. I constantly think back to 2016 to 2018 when ATS was getting one map a year, zero trucks, zero licensed trailers, zero accessories pack, zero tire packs. The only zero we have today is zero tuning pack in which that door should be open by now. So things are coming.........just slower.

If the 57x is not your cup of tea, cool. Play with what has worked for you. I'm not a huge fan of the truck either but I appreciate the work of the devs and the collaboration with Daimler. Before the Lonestar, ATS was looking hopeless in getting good trucks. Since then, ATS has exploded with 7 models. ATS slowly started looking promising once the old VNL came. We still don't have the new VNL but I bet it too is on the horizontal within by before next Summer.

@Dareus. Can we get the ATS truck roster updated? We need the 9900i and now the 57x.

[ external image ]

Return to “General discussion about the game”