Next ATS truck speculation

tjrr

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5311 Post by tjrr » 21 Jan 2022 19:11

flight50 wrote: 21 Jan 2022 17:25 . I'll tell you what...If SCS ever makes a paid out of production truck, I'll buy it for you. Just find this exact post to remind me that I told you that. I keep my word on here when it comes to me buying something for someone. I'd much rather help an ATS supporter pay for a dlc they can't afford to give SCS another sale than for SCS to miss a sale.
thanks for the simpaty, but if that happens i will probably end up buy it later in a sale, that it is what i already do, in that case use what you would spend with me with other person who might need that help even more than myself!
if you already help people getting dlc thats good thing and a good suport to scs, and those out of prodution like the other poll i think it is adequate for scs to ask people to pay for it, probably with that create a used truck dlc or something with multy brand dealership in game, with trucks that could already have some mileage, and that way is a easy way to put the trucks from brands that don't make this class of trucks anymore, like ford without having to make a new dealership for each brand, i think it could be a good idea for the game, i'm only against the new trucks being paid, being those basicly the ones from this poll because i think it will be frustrating for thoose that stop being able to buy all the truck and map dlc even on sales, and might push people to get it in other ways unfortunately, so if there is at least thoose newer trucks for free that could be the possibilities of this poll, for example, it is an incentive for people who still have the game in a less legit way to buy it instead of download a new version the way they did, but then get paid tunning dlc for the free trucks with light bars and stuff for example and make those older trucks like the one in the wishlist poll paid, that i think would still be a good balance, but keep at least something for free just to prevent people for going other directions, since trucks are for some one of the most important things in the game

i'm not completely agains some being paid, if you can't buy imediately, buy later when you can, i prefer that than a new game every year full of bugs but also don't want a case of rockstar with gta online that is a hell for new players (personally only played it in ps3 and won't try it in other platforms because of the point it got and not help rockstar to delay the 6th tittle, but this is getting out of topic), just see a lot of people agree with all being paid and don't see represented in the discussion people with more dificulties, and since i don't know at what point scs looks at forum discussions to look for what the comunity wants, just want to raise the importance of some balance at least with the newer trucks on the market in order to not lose those potencial players
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
flight50

#5312 Post by flight50 » 21 Jan 2022 23:28

JoeAlex23 wrote: 21 Jan 2022 18:35 ......and they will always have support right away with every new update, no need to wait for a modder to update anything.
This is my thing. This is why I laugh when people say...why would I pay for a mod that is free that is the same thing. Well its not the same thing. There are several differences. Updates is one of the main ones. The other is better optimization. There is also the fact that not everyone plays with mods. What are those people to do if a model is only available via a mod? Do they not deserve a good quality SCS variant? I was raised to not accept handouts. I pay for everything I have. I don't expect free. I have a hard time with not compensating people for work they have done and I get it for free. Let me buy you lunch a drink or something. If I had the option to pay for....lets say the old Cascadia from SCS for $5 or get it for free from Joe Doe that was an okay mod but a few bugs, guess what I am picking. No brainer for me but its not the mod. I'm going with something that SCS keeps updates and has less issues. Let them deal with compatibility. They'll add skins to it, add accessories and other support for it and I know that when SCS makes an update, that truck automatically updates as well. I'd rather piece of mind with no waiting for the modder.
Fae

#5313 Post by Fae » 22 Jan 2022 01:00

I'd happily pay for trucks :)
Faelandaea Dravin
OTR Truck Driver
Faelandaea's Trucking Adventures
https://www.youtube.com/c/FaelandaeaDravin
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/PEm7M9HwYP
[ external image ]
DAFmanXFE6

#5314 Post by DAFmanXFE6 » 22 Jan 2022 08:33

Maybe do 2-3 per brand as part of the “base” game then others paid, this could work if they are bundled with a pack e.g. vocational truck and load pack or something… then it doesn’t stop people from driving around in as many states as they want but they won’t feel like they are losing out as they have good base game coverage. I’d happily pay for old/unique trucks that have ICE (I’ll never pay for a Tesla, or install it if it’s free ;) that thing can go back to hell :D )
[ external image ][ external image ]

When in doubt... Ask m1keY!
flight50

#5315 Post by flight50 » 22 Jan 2022 13:51

I'd be okay with 2-3 core trucks as free then the rest paid. But that does give people the excuse to complain when SCS said they'd never charge for trucks. The better route would be paid out of production trucks. At least there is a line to cross there. If SCS can grow the vehicle team. I'd do a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio. Ratio being 1 core truck (free truck) and 2/3 paid (out of production trucks). The truck roster for out of production trucks is 10x larger than the current in production trucks. The biggest issue is references. Both sound and visual, so SCS would have to serious research what they can manage to bring forth. That would have to be something SCS figures out. No matter what, the sound wouldn't be the strong point anyways so I wouldn't expect perfection there anyways. There are ways to getting around the world to find certain models of interest if SCS really tried. With all the truck shows and private owners that own these older trucks, anything is possible.

If you want to get more ETS2 players playing ATS, I've said it many times, SCS must get some COE's into ATS. Argosy, K100, 352, FLB, Ultraliner, etc. Hopefully the philosophy at SCS changes someday and see the demand for out of production trucks and go paid.
Last edited by flight50 on 23 Jan 2022 07:50, edited 2 times in total.
tjrr

#5316 Post by tjrr » 22 Jan 2022 15:34

flight50 wrote: 22 Jan 2022 13:51 I'd be okay with 2-3 core trucks as free then the rest paid. But that does give people the excuse to complain when SCS said they'd never charge for trucks. The better route would be paid of of production trucks. At least there is a line to cross there. If SCS can grow the vehicle team. I'd do a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio. Ratio being 1 core truck (free truck) and 2/3 paid (out of production trucks). The truck roster for out of production trucks is 10x larger than the current in production trucks.
with that i can also agree
trucks in ATS: 2018 Anthem, 2023 vnl, 5700xe, 9900i Eagle, 5x w900, 57x, 49x, 2019 Cascadia, 389 and t680 signature edition

trucks in ETS2: 2022 xf, fh16, r730, stralis hy-way, magnum, old actros, old fh16, old xf and old stralis
ASDF

#5317 Post by ASDF » 22 Jan 2022 16:48

flight50 wrote: 22 Jan 2022 13:51 I'd be okay with 2-3 core trucks as free then the rest paid. But that does give people the excuse to complain when SCS said they'd never charge for trucks. The better route would be paid of of production trucks. At least there is a line to cross there. If SCS can grow the vehicle team. I'd do a 1:2 or 1:3 ratio. Ratio being 1 core truck (free truck) and 2/3 paid (out of production trucks). The truck roster for out of production trucks is 10x larger than the current in production trucks. The biggest issue is references. Both sound and visual, so SCS would have to serious research what they can manage to bring forth. That would have to be something SCS figures out. No matter what, the sound wouldn't be the strong point anyways so I wouldn't expect perfection there anyways. There are ways to getting around the world to find certain models of interest if SCS really tried. With all the truck shows and private owners that own these older trucks, anything is possible.

If you want to get more ETS2 players playing ATS, I've said it many times, SCS must get some COE's into ATS. Argosy, K100, 352, FLB, Ultraliner, etc. Hopefully the physiology at SCS changes someday and see the demand for out of production trucks and go paid.
yes, I agree. There are also many people who like classic trucks. For me, it is also a good thing to be able to buy the classic trucks developed by the scs software vehicle team, and have the classic trucks developed by the scs software vehicle team, so that I can stop going Use mods to drive my favorite classic trucks.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Madkine
Global moderator

#5318 Post by Madkine » 23 Jan 2022 01:04

flight50 wrote: 22 Jan 2022 13:51 "physiology "
I rather think you meant philosophy here. Physiology is about living organisms.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
flight50

#5319 Post by flight50 » 23 Jan 2022 07:48

^Yeah that too. Lol. I let auto correct suggest the word and didn't pay attention for the "l" missing. Thanks for the correction though.
ASDF

#5320 Post by ASDF » 23 Jan 2022 18:03

Western Star 49X is the only truck with SFA and SBA in American Truck Simulator. When I choose to transport oversized cargo, I almost always choose Western Star 49X. I am waiting for Western Star 4900 or Freightliner 122SD to replace it. It has a unique place in America Truck Simulator.
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.

Return to “General discussion about the game”