Next ATS truck speculation

Sora

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6981 Post by Sora » 18 Aug 2022 22:39

That is indeed technically a year, but man, that's really cutting it close.

But I don't feel like that level of pressure is exactly the "normal situation", considering that getting all 7 major brands into ATS at any cost was pretty much the absolute most necessary thing to accomplish at that time. And even then, the LoneStar disappeared for a little while (it was "soon" in February and then whoops it's gone until November), while the 49X initial release was an obvious (albeit understandable) rush job.
55sixxx

#6982 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Aug 2022 22:49

I just wish we get something different next... Because the last couple of years have been a Daimler and International festival... Three Cascadia's, Two LoneStar's and one 9900i.
rookie_one

#6983 Post by rookie_one » 18 Aug 2022 23:04

Sora wrote: 18 Aug 2022 22:39 (it was "soon" in February and then whoops it's gone until November)
That's your mistake there, there is a difference between soon and SCSoon™
Engine and Transmission compilation mod : here
55sixxx

#6984 Post by 55sixxx » 18 Aug 2022 23:40

I can safely say that as soon as the NextGen 579 releases in ATS, all the other trucks are dead to me (Even the Anthem tbh)... Not even a high quality classic COE like the K100, 362 or F700 (Which I quite like) will get me out of that truck.
flight50

#6985 Post by flight50 » 18 Aug 2022 23:43

mackintosh wrote: 18 Aug 2022 22:30 We have so little cargo variety the vehicle team would have plenty things left to model in their down time - should they ever have any. Having things to do would be the least of their concern. The manpower issue has been known for years. It's difficult to hire talent when you have two huge developers north of the border creating a vacuum - and that's without even mentioning the opportunities further west.
Agreed. There's a ton of stuff the vehicle team can do. Their backlog can easily be 5 years right now. Trucks is not the only thing they can do. They could even rebuild the old trucks to current standard. There are still trailers no in that game and still a few that need to be rebuild. There are quite a few licensed trailer manufacturers they could go after. Manpower is the problem, not lack of task.
Freeze338

#6986 Post by Freeze338 » 19 Aug 2022 05:02

Sora wrote: 18 Aug 2022 22:20
Freeze338 wrote: 18 Aug 2022 05:11 I saw same vehicle team released 4 trucks in a year
Which year was this? Because there are a lot of situations where a truck doesn't necessarily correspond with when work was actually being done on it. The Renault T, for example, was done well in advance of its release, and the launch trucks were probably produced some time before the game actually launched. And both games have "unique trucks" where they were clearly able to use the same work for multiple trucks, most obviously the Scania R/S.

Even now, we've had three trucks released within the last twelve months: the 57X, the 9900i, and the LT (and the DAF XF on the ETS2 end). That's pretty brisk compared to the pre-2020 era, and while the LT and 57X are respectively very similar to the LoneStar and the Cascadia, the 9900i is arguably the most unique truck in the entire game, and I'd never trade it for more "common" modern trucks.
Freeze338 wrote: 18 Aug 2022 18:56 Hire juniors and train them just like you did on map team. I'm around here a lot and I don't believe that SCS couldn't do trucks because of licensing.
That being the case, they would've been dumping out trucks like nobody's business during the first half of the game's lifespan; instead, they struggled for years just to get the VNL, such that we didn't even have every brand until 2020. The idea that licensing wasn't an issue at some point is straight-up delusional fantasy. I guarantee that SCS would've rather been working on the Old Cascadia than spending half of every stream apologizing for the lack of progress as ATS's first impression wasted away into dust. And we know there were issues with the Renault T and Man TGX, too.

But sure, let's say they hire a bunch of juniors and power through whatever backlog of licenses they have until they run out. What happens to the juniors after that? There's no guarantee that they'll continue to be able to find new licenses, and even if they did it could easily end up being from a limited range of brands who are more cooperative; you know people'd throw fits if we got 6 Internationals when most brands are still at 2-3. And if nobody's willing to cooperate? Bye bye, juniors. "Toss more money at it!", you might say. But that's not necessarily a simple prospect either, especially if it turns out some brands ask for a lot more than the playerbase can realistically provide (especially since the juniors need to get paid too.)

And while the community would get used to it, the first "paid truck" would probably be net negative PR, too, since it's a new monetization that goes against the game's previous stance.

Design A.I. traffic vehicles, add new cargoes, make customization packs, release vacational trucks for each brand, release medium haul trucks, work on licensed trailers rework the old trucks Since vehicle team isn't enough right now, what makes you think that vehicle team will finish every single one truck in the world ?
oldmanclippy

#6987 Post by oldmanclippy » 19 Aug 2022 14:49

I think the only way we'll see a significant increase in the vehicle team's output is if they switch to doing paid classic trucks or something like that. Maybe the vehicle team is just taking a while to show the fruits of their upstaffing, but it seems like we would have seen those results by now. Maybe not. Hard to tell.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
OzembuchVRICI

#6989 Post by OzembuchVRICI » 19 Aug 2022 15:04

Woooooooooooooooooooo
MarkON

#6990 Post by MarkON » 19 Aug 2022 15:04

this project is still in the very early stages of development

I think it will be released at some point in 2023. But it won't be the next truck, rather it will be something else sooner.

Return to “General discussion about the game”