Next ATS truck speculation

55sixxx

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#5281 Post by 55sixxx » 20 Jan 2022 15:18

SCS simply won't turn trucks into paid DLC's... Yes, some users here on the forum wouldn't mind but, c'mon... Start thinking on a larger scale... Do you really think that the people whom always got trucks for free will be happy to hear that they're now being turned into pay-ware content. They won't. The amount of people complaing and dissing on SCS everywhere will be overwhelmingly big. And SCS knows that.

ATS/ETS2 is one of the only few games that you don't actually have to whip out you CC from your wallet to buy a new/specific vehicle and i hope it stays like this.

And the speed they do stuff is not related to the amount of funding the vehicle team gets... So you'd basically be paying like 5 or 6 USD/EUR for something that will be released at the same rate with the same quality and that you USED to get for free. (The devs even said themselves that it takes quite a bit of time to model a truck... And they don't even use the entire vehicle team probably because of NDA's, so even if they increase the size of the team, there would still be only like, 2 or 3 people working on the project.)
Last edited by 55sixxx on 20 Jan 2022 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#5282 Post by Wolfi » 20 Jan 2022 15:20

I totally agree with this. Trucks are DLC's already, so it's really just a matter of throwing a price tag on them. I'd say 5$ per truck seems more than fair, I'd bump it up to 7$ for a 2in1 like we have with the 49X (SFA and SBA). That way SCS would be more inclined to give us other truck variants, like the shorter hood Cascadia, etc.
Biggest issue here is: a small group here agrees with the paid DLC truck idea, but we don't know how the majority outside of this forum would react. Heck, I can even see the crapstorm making trucks paid would cause on this very forum, because I still remember the outcry when SCS released first paid map DLC for ATS, after the Arizona one was free 🤦‍♂️

But then again, having trucks as paid DLC's would also mean more people requesting the most random trucks ever and bashing SCS for being "slow", etc. It's really hard to tell how things would go.

As for the "Snowrunner has old trucks" argument... yeah, it does. Most of the licensed ones are International trucks (and for ATS we're already getting 3rd International, so it's entirely possible they are just chill about their trucks), other American manufacturers either no longer exist on the heavy haul truck market (GMC, Ford, Chevrolet, Caterpillar, White) or are almost non-existent in the game. (like Freightliner or Western star which only have 2 trucks each and those are fairly recent models).
It's really not that much better than ATS. I mean, yes, ok, you get all those dead manufacturer trucks, since their licenses are either free, or super cheap, because they're dead and no one gives a duck, but those wouldn't really work that well in ATS now would they? Yeah, I would personally love to get the Ford CLT9000, but I can't really imagine the majority of the playerbase being hyped for trucks that simply don't exist on the roads anymore.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Holzauge

#5283 Post by Holzauge » 20 Jan 2022 15:51

If I pay for paintjobs I rarely use, I surely will pay for trucks I definitely use...
VDMA
ASDF

#5284 Post by ASDF » 20 Jan 2022 16:17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Bl-_d ... LL&index=1
He thinks that the International 9900i will enter the Americas Truck Simulator between January and April, what do you think?
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
Jatruck

#5285 Post by Jatruck » 20 Jan 2022 16:19

Paid trucks? Then how about the quality of engine sounds? Being free is one thing, but paying for a bad thing ... ;)

PS: Of course I like some engine sounds in-game at this moment, especially in ATS. ;)
flight50

#5286 Post by flight50 » 20 Jan 2022 16:52

Seerman wrote: 20 Jan 2022 14:50 I think it's worth making a vote on this topic in a separate thread.
We already have that here viewtopic.php?p=1635326#p1635326. I mention that thread as paid in my second paragraph. People are already voting for out of production trucks. SCS can go out of production as paid. In production may have to be core. What does out of production mean? It means its extra content and doesn't ship with the game. If you don't want it...don't buy it. No reason why out of production trucks can't be paid...zero. If you want free, stick with in production core trucks or mods.
55sixxx wrote: 20 Jan 2022 15:18 And the speed they do stuff is not related to the amount of funding the vehicle team gets...
I agree. I don't expect speed to increase but what I do expect would be a lot more truck teams that can get hired. ATS currently has 1 dedicated truck team and one shared team. If out of production trucks went paid, that could help fund 3,4,5 ATS truck teams. Like wise for ETS2. Paid is not about speed, its about production. If it takes about a year to build a truck, when is the next truck coming....in about a year. Get more teams and projects overlap. That is how you get 2-3+ trucks a year.

If it takes 3 people a year to build one truck, 9 or 12 people can build 3-4 trucks in a year vs that one team. Add in trailers to that. They are paid. Why can't trucks be. Trailers are also core and some are paid. If it didn't ship with ATS in 2016, you are getting extra content without paying for it. Too much is free as is. Updates are totally free and come several times a year. Updates means we don't have to buy new installments yearly. Vehicles we can't drive, are the only things that should be free imho. SCS is loosing money.

Sure some people won't like paid trucks. Like I said, don't buy them. People will eventually get over it just like they do with every other change SCS makes. Either support SCS or keep it moving elsewhere. Tons of people want more content and don't mind paying. The game culture at SCS can be tweaked for a better content future.
Knightrider

#5287 Post by Knightrider » 20 Jan 2022 17:30

Jatruck wrote: 20 Jan 2022 16:19 Paid trucks? Then how about the quality of engine sounds? Being free is one thing, but paying for a bad thing ... ;)

PS: Of course I like some engine sounds in-game at this moment, especially in ATS. ;)
Apart from the Volvo VNL - which quite frankly the engine sounds terrible imo - I don't mind the vanilla engine sounds from other trucks.
Best Regards.

Hosting a dedicated server for ETS 2/ATS, with optional mods support.
AntonioMart

#5288 Post by AntonioMart » 20 Jan 2022 19:06

To be honest, VNL slightly disappointed in the quality of the model. Therefore, I want to see a new one as soon as possible, because the quality of the model will be perfect. 👌 If you look at how LoneStar, Anthem, LT, 49X and Cascadia are made.
Last edited by AntonioMart on 20 Jan 2022 19:09, edited 2 times in total.
parasaurolophus67

#5289 Post by parasaurolophus67 » 20 Jan 2022 19:07

well I ain't betraying my volvo for the new one thats for sure. just not a fan on the front design.
flight50

#5290 Post by flight50 » 20 Jan 2022 19:11

To each is own. I love the new VNL front soo much better. Same with the Cascadia. I like its front better.

Return to “General discussion about the game”