Next ATS truck speculation

Meteor197

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#6751 Post by Meteor197 » 04 Aug 2022 01:27

We are sure that there is more to come from our cooperation with Daimler Truck North America.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this sentence from the blog yet. So unless there is a 122SD replacement coming (which I have no idea if there is one coming IRL), this means that at least something else is in the works. I sure hope it's not a 122SD replacement. The last thing we need is yet another Starcadia mashup when there are so many other models from other manufacturers that SCS could work on. Such a truck would essentially be a 49X with a Freightliner badge. I think Daimler, if they want to use the same cab and sleeper between both brands, should have kept a strong distinction between the brands, with Freightliner being geared towards fleets, and Western Star for vocational and O/O. The 49X seems like a spiritual successor to the 122SD, so leave that to WS and Freightliner doesn't need their own version. I'm itching to have both the 5700 and 4900 in the game, and the 122SD would be cool also, being another old design that won't be in production for much longer, but I don't have my hopes up about that. Theoretically you never know about the old Cascadia as well, and I understand why some people really want it, but for me personally if they're going to do it, it should be low priority, as after the 57X I can't say I'm in the mood for yet another Cascadia right away.
oldmanclippy

#6752 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Aug 2022 02:20

Introducing the Freightliner 49SD! :twisted:
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
harishw8r

#6753 Post by harishw8r » 04 Aug 2022 02:47

After five trucks from just two companies for the past two years, I would like to see something from Volvo or Paccar next.
flight50

#6754 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2022 05:27

The strong partnership that has developed with Daimler and International is sweet no doubt. But yeah I hope the others didn't get pushed to the back so that WS can have simultaneous releases. So there is a strong need for more vehicle team members. Whether we go to 2 licensed trucks a year or 1 truck and 1 licensed trailer, doesn't matter to me a ton, just keep them coming. Eventually there will be a truck that comes along that gets me out of my W900 on a more full time basics. Its gonna have to be a classic style truck though in which I like....not what someone else likes.
FalleN_KinG

#6755 Post by FalleN_KinG » 04 Aug 2022 05:32

The 9900i was a nice breath of fresh air, it would be neat if something like that continues. With the years coming every new truck is gonna have these ugly displays and no real dash. If the 122sd gets a replacement, its probably gonna have the Cascadia dash and cab yet again...
harishw8r

#6756 Post by harishw8r » 04 Aug 2022 06:11

I’ve seen a bunch of 57X articles and everyone emphasize on fuel efficiency. Cab shape influences that a lot. I don’t think anything can be done about that.

So would be the digital dash. I remember mentioning once that eventually it will lead to customers customizing it on their own (not limited by the OEM’s options). Recently, Apple announced that they are improving Apple Carplay with dashboard customiztion options and they are working with major car brands on the same. Eventually, this tech would be extended to trucks as well. It gives more freedom to the customer and that would be a unique selling point in the future, and so would be analog gauges for the exact opposite reasons.

But gone are the old days of trucking. We are in sort of a transition zone and I am excited to see how things would turn out, with trucking taking multiple directions, Electric, Fuel Cell and Automated to name a few, and I believe, as simulator players we would get immense flexibility as well.
Holzauge

#6757 Post by Holzauge » 04 Aug 2022 07:59

The 49X and the 57X had been chances for SCS, so they had to do it. I am quite sure there are more trucks in the queue, especially Kenworth and maybe Volvo (don't know about Peterbilt, maybe it's the IVECO of North America... :D), but SCS has limited capacities (and they have to do ETS2 trucks, too. ETS2 has got more trucks atm, but ATS is much more up to date). I remember in the early days of ATS Pavel said he was looking forward to the time they had a production queue for new trucks. Well, I guess now are more trucks in the pipeline than he wanted... ;) So we'll see what the future brings... My guess is for the new T680.

In the meantime I am enjoying the 57X (not only). 2500 miles right now and lots of fun! :D
VDMA
oldmanclippy

#6758 Post by oldmanclippy » 04 Aug 2022 13:07

Holzauge wrote: 04 Aug 2022 07:59 especially Kenworth and maybe Volvo (don't know about Peterbilt, maybe it's the IVECO of North America... :D)
Kenworth and Peterbilt are both PACCAR, so I would imagine we'd see either both or neither.
flight50 wrote: 04 Aug 2022 05:27 Eventually there will be a truck that comes along that gets me out of my W900 on a more full time basics. Its gonna have to be a classic style truck though in which I like....not what someone else likes.
I'm curious since you bring up how you prefer the W900 often, which trucks would get you excited enough to switch? And is there a specific reason the 9900i doesn't do it for you?
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
55sixxx

#6759 Post by 55sixxx » 04 Aug 2022 13:38

The day the new 579 releases, is the day that I'll barely (Or never) drive other trucks in ATS.
flight50

#6760 Post by flight50 » 04 Aug 2022 13:53

@oldmanclippy Good question. To be honest, there are several trucks that I think look sweet but I don't want to drive them regularly. The new gen T680, the new VNL, this new 57x is okay, 5700XE is sweet and even the current Cascadia. I only drive the new Cascadia for open beta because its the best sounding vanilla truck. But I'm a huge Kreichbaum sound mod fan. His mod fits classic trucks to the tee. I grew up with loud engine trucks, loud jake trucks. So classic is me. I like the aero trucks but classic is my driving style. If I can see the hood...fairly flat in front of me, I'm good. I like to sit low in the truck and aero truck's hood disappears at my preferred height. I hate sitting high in the truck. Outside of a true COE that doesn't have a nose, I just don't connect with the truck.

But to answer your question. The 122SD, a newer 900, W990, an SCS K100 or the 4900 (with tuning kit). I want to change the grille on the stock one. If I could get a 4900 looking like this in ATS, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbUHddr ... hhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss. Screw ever other truck SCS comes out with. That sucka is pretty. I'd be willing to use mod parts if SCS just made the 4900 but never bring a tuning kit to change the grille. With the current relationship with WS, I can't understand why this truck is not on the menu. Its still on their website and this is the only jack of all trades that SCS can build today in higher quality that is classic style that fits me. I don't see it worth making a new W900 just yet when there are so many other trucks to do. Quality of the W900 doesn't bother me. Its the connection I feel with it.

The 9900i is a very nice looking truck. But I can't stand single head light trucks. The T2000.....hideous. The 9900i is very awesome looking truck model in the game but its personal preference that its not me. It just doesn't say "this is my baby". I want a connection with my truck and the 9900i won't do it.

So what I'd like to see on this poll is for AI traffic with the new VNL, 5700 and the new gen Paccar trucks. But for me to drive, its the ones I mentioned that would move me is what I want to drive.

Return to “General discussion about the game”