Krone Trailer Pack DLC Discussion

supersobes
Global moderator

Re: DLC Krone

#91 Post by supersobes » 18 Sep 2018 21:35

What are you doing with your truck that the bottom of the trailer clips through the top of the rear fender on the tractor? I haven't been able to do this with any of the Krone trailers since the Krone Trailer DLC came out. Also, it was mentioned somewhere on this forum that the rear fenders on the tractor are higher than they are in real-life so that when the player raises the axles on a chassis with lifting axles, the tire doesn't clip through the fender. ;)
Edoo_Kaplan

#92 Post by Edoo_Kaplan » 18 Sep 2018 21:44

Well I mostly try to get out of my company yard and this happens... As I said it maybe is a case with other trailers it but it does not have to be. I tried new trailers that SCS added in game by themselves, and did not check Krone for this
Well then if they raised they fenders it means they should make an option to remove them if we want liftable axles chassis config right? Going further with these we can only see that there are more mistakes that should and definitely could be solved by SCS...

[ external image ]
supersobes
Global moderator

#93 Post by supersobes » 18 Sep 2018 21:58

Ah! You're using a 6x4 or 6x2 chassis! I use 4x2 chassis on all of my trucks except for on my heavy haul Scania which I don't pull box trailers with. I don't get the fender clipping issue with the 4x2 chassis.
jilech

#94 Post by jilech » 18 Sep 2018 22:37

Also on most trailers, the trailer chassis clips through the fenders when turning.

If fenders are raised, shouldn't the fifth wheel be raised accordingly?
FlyingPigeon

#95 Post by FlyingPigeon » 19 Sep 2018 05:12

supersobes wrote: 18 Sep 2018 21:58 Ah! You're using a 6x4 or 6x2 chassis! I use 4x2 chassis on all of my trucks except for on my heavy haul Scania which I don't pull box trailers with. I don't get the fender clipping issue with the 4x2 chassis.
Pretty damn normal to haul box trailers and curtainsiders with 6x2 and 6x2/4 in Scandinavia, so ofc. It should not clip the fenders. 8x4 is a different matter rhough as it its only heavy haul.
Scandinavian truckdriver.
Reinhard

#96 Post by Reinhard » 19 Sep 2018 06:23

Regarding the fenders: in real life they are kind of elastic, and give in when touched by the trailer.

This kind of physics is simply not done in the game. I guess we have to live with it, as of now. Myself, I don't see this to be a pressing matter. And even if SCS thinks otherwise, it would cost some additional performance.
Edoo_Kaplan

#97 Post by Edoo_Kaplan » 19 Sep 2018 11:44

It would be good if SCS can arrange to add Krone factory and Krone shop in cities where they have it, to add cargoes from Krone factory like chassis, tires, other parts like metal sheets from which they will create parts of trailers etc...
This also applies to all manufacturers of all other vehicles in this game. Honestly Schwarzmuller need an update with more trailers and a bit of reworking the existing models
Zeemods

#98 Post by Zeemods » 19 Sep 2018 14:47

In regards to trailer height vs truck height; the problem is for the most part the fact that ETS doesn't simulate adjustable air suspension. In reality you'd drop the air from the rear axle to hook up to a trailer then after, return the truck to "ride height" which is then computed by the truck based on weight I assume but generally speaking the rear axle suspension would sit higher than the front thus lifting the front of the trailer making it appear to be higher or the same height as the cab (providing the air deflector is set right).

Another complication is with fith wheel types some are normal some are low-profile and then there's the adjustable scissor type but I haven't had experience with them to note much about how they work, presumably it would be for low-deck trucks to give them extra reach for normal trailers as opposed to mega trailers.
Zeemods - Facebook - Youtube - Website.
Dampfhammer

#99 Post by Dampfhammer » 19 Sep 2018 16:43

Question to the programmer:

i am missing the coloured sideskirts and at the back of the trailer with the white "KRONE" logo. Do you forget?
xD
SirVirgoTheMess

#100 Post by SirVirgoTheMess » 20 Sep 2018 03:48

After tried all the skins on it,i prefer the default Krone skin.For the rest,i find them Krones better than base SCS ownables.Better tuning and better quality,in my opinion.It's well placed money on a DLC.

Return to “General discussion about the game”