Krone Trailer Pack DLC Discussion

Truckingme

Re: DLC Krone

#111 Post by Truckingme » 20 Sep 2018 14:59

syscrh wrote: 20 Sep 2018 14:54
jaws wrote: 20 Sep 2018 13:35[...] You could have set it to 25€.
Luckily they didn't ... Or do you have money to waste? You could gift it to one of the many poor players here, which can't afford hardware upgrades or new DLCs (I'm not one of them, but I have heard of quite a few).

I will never understand why people beg companies to release stuff for paid or at higher price points than they actually do ... SCS is a normal for-profit company, developing closed-source software and I am sure they are doing calculations before making/selling stuff (if they don't, it is not my problem ...). That's fine, but I don't see the point of gifting them money. If they need money, they will release a DLC or get it somewhere else ...

Sorry that it is you I am answering, but I have read it so many times on this (and other forums), that I just had to say something ...

As I have started a vanilla profile until kast finishes his ownable Ekeri trailers (I will restart with my main profile from scratch then), I had to decide if I wanted to buy an unbranded trailer or the Krone one. I decided to get the unbranded one, since it offers so much more customizabilty (like axle configuration, flatbed wood vs aluminum, reefer door types, rear lights, paint jobs, etc.). I am not sure why some people are so over-the-top with this DLC, but in my opinion it is pretty basic and I would have expected more (tuning) options for a paid DLC. I don't know if I am the only one with this impression though ...
In general I hope ISO container hauling with an owned trailer will be a thing in the future ...
In my opinion quality and price are very high on this, there is no more customization because krone does not produce diffetrnt trailer options so it would not make sense
Tiger313

#112 Post by Tiger313 » 21 Sep 2018 04:30

What annoys me is that the lights on the side of the Krone trailers are much less visible than the ones on the generic trailers. To the point where you can barely make them out in the mirrors, if at all. When driving in the dark, I like to know where the end of my trailer is. Very handy when backing up in a tight spot and when turning corners.
ApeX

#113 Post by ApeX » 21 Sep 2018 07:10

Hello
I also gained key to Krone DLC in giveaway, and like many people started to test. DLC is almost perfect, only thing that really makes me nervous is position of little plastic toolbox. After comparsion with some real life photos it still wasn´t good. The toolbox is on the different place, mostly it´s attached to the frame higher ( in game is somewhere in the empty space above ). In the future update, there should be option to choose position of that toolbox ;)

[ external image ]
Super Cargo

#114 Post by Super Cargo » 23 Sep 2018 17:25

I´m missing hazardous goods trailers. While they´re in the game already (have carried one in an external contract), they´re not for sale at the trailer dealer. How come?
Especially those trailers are the ones you can make good money with by delivering hazardous goods.

Some more tyre options would be also nice. All Michelin ones should be chooseable at least.
DWVTLtd

#115 Post by DWVTLtd » 23 Sep 2018 18:08

Wait for the other trailer types to be gradually added. The feature has only just been added,
supersobes
Global moderator

#116 Post by supersobes » 15 Nov 2018 14:26

I wonder why SCS hasn't added a double version for the Krone Cool Liner and Krone Dry Liner. Does Krone not offer a double version of these trailers in real-life?
JoaoRabit

#117 Post by JoaoRabit » 15 Nov 2018 15:53

They don't
Last edited by SimulatorSam on 21 Nov 2018 18:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote. [2.4]
schwedentrucker_09

#118 Post by schwedentrucker_09 » 28 Nov 2018 15:49

The Dryliner is for Cargos, which are sometimes very expensive. But most the cargo should not get wet. Profiliner is used for the Transport of Boxes,Pallets etc.
pero

#119 Post by pero » 28 Nov 2018 16:13

Each cargo has its trailer type definition in it: /def/cargo/cargoname.sii

Most standard cargoes can be hauled in both types of trailer, curtain or dryliner ones. SCS probably set it like this to have more variety for a standard user.

Example from electronics:

Code: Select all

cargo_data: cargo.electronics
{
	name: "@@cn_electronics@@"
	fragility: 0.8
	group[]: containers
	volume: 2.6
	mass: 248.3
	unit_reward_per_km: 0.664
	unit_load_time: 78
	body_types[]: curtainside