SmokeyWolf

Re: Proudvet1's Adventures and Mod Work

#161 Post by SmokeyWolf » 13 Nov 2022 02:17

Welcome!
proudvet1

#162 Post by proudvet1 » 17 Nov 2022 18:33

Fort Sumner, NM to Clovis, NM to Longview, TX

I received a dispatch from the terminal where I was resting at to head to nearby Clovis to pick up a load of ice cream bars. Before leaving the yard, I inspected the truck, trailer, fueled up the truck and reefer, added DEF for the truck, and set the reefer at the requested temperature from the shipper. I had arrived to the dairy plant in Clovis on time but they made me wait 3 hours to get loaded.
[ external image ]

I was loaded, received the manifest, load seal and I left out the dairy plant to head to Longview, TX.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I arrived to the Love's in Wichita Falls, TX around 1am to take my 10 hour rest. At 10am, I was fully rested, inspected my truck, trailer, see if the reefer temp is okay, and grabbed lunch before leaving Wichita Falls to head to Longview, TX.
[ external image ]

I arrived on time to Longview and I was caught in rush hour there to head to my delivery location. I had arrived to get unloaded and I was put on hold for 2 1/2 hours to wait. After waiting for those pricks to get me to a dock, the load of ice cream bars were okay and I had got unloaded right at nightfall.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Art S.
11-17-2022
proudvet1

#163 Post by proudvet1 » 24 Nov 2022 23:31

Brownsville, TX to Laredo, TX to Abilene, TX
Part 1 Laredo, TX to Junction, TX

After receiving dispatch from the terminal in Clovis, NM, I was fully rested after sleeping for 10 hours, conducted pre-trip, and shut off the reefer due to next load assignment is dry cargo. Before leaving, I turned my elog from off duty to driving to McAllen, TX (original pickup location).
[ external image ]

Before approaching McAllen, dispatch cancelled the load assignment due to the shippers being pricks to them and my dispatch rerouted me to Laredo to pick up a load of pallets that was made in Mexico.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

After getting loaded in Laredo and before leaving, I received the manifest, load seal, and I pad locked the load seal in the load seal in its secure box in the back of the trailer. I was down in the boarder section of Texas all day and it took me 3 hours to get to Junction along US Hwy 83 North.
[ external image ]

During 9pm before my driving hours was up and my fuel was almost to empty, I pulled in to the Pilot in Junction for fuel and DEF.
[ external image ]

After fueling up, I found a spot to park and set my elog to sleeper berth. I walked inside the Pilot and grabbed something to eat at Subway since that's only the option there along with Cinnabon. After eating, I went to sleep for 10 hours.
[ external image ]

Art S.
11-24-2022
proudvet1

#164 Post by proudvet1 » 27 Nov 2022 01:14

Brownsville, TX to Laredo, TX to Abilene, TX
Part 2 Junction, TX to Abilene, TX

After resting during my 10 hour rest period, I woke up at 5am to get out and inspect my truck and trailer before walking inside Pilot to grab a cup of coffee and a Cinnabon.
[ external image ]

After leaving the store, I switched my elog to sleeper berth to on duty/driving before leaving Junction to head up U.S. Hwy 83 to Abilene.
[ external image ]

The drive up there by Google is 2 hr and 22 min plus 145 miles.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

When I approached Abilene, I got on I-20 West and my exit was not that far after getting on the interstate.
[ external image ]

I arrived to the receivers on time and they assigned me a dock right away. When the first three trailers got loaded or unloaded, they got to mines and unloaded the bulk pallets. After getting unloaded, my dispatch told me to stay put there, they had a load for me to take to Tyler, TX. I talked to the receivers, they confirmed it and I had to wait for a loading dock there to open and get loaded.
[ external image ]

Art S.
11-26-2022
proudvet1

#165 Post by proudvet1 » 11 Dec 2022 11:08

Denver, CO to Tyler, TX
Part 1: Denver, CO to Dalhart, TX

I had rested up after deliving my load from Clovis, NM to Aurora, CO. I woke up to an dispatch from the terminal in Denver to head to Nestlé-Purina to pick up bags of dry dog food.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

After getting loaded, I received the manifest, sealed the trailer with a load seal and padlocked it with the load seal security box, and weighed my loaded vehicle before headi ng to Texas.
[ external image ]

When I arrived to Raton, NM, I had to stop to add fuel and DEF to my truck and grab something to eat.
[ external image ]

After my stop, I left Raton and I thought I would make it to the Cefco truck stop in Childress, TX on time for my 10 hour rest stop, but I ended up stopping at the Toot'n Totum Valero truck stop in Dalhart, TX to rest there.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Art S.
12-11-2022
proudvet1

#166 Post by proudvet1 » 12 Dec 2022 19:25

Denver, CO to Tyler, TX
Part 2: Dalhart, TX to Wichita Falls, TX

After I was fully rested after taking my 10 hour rest period, I had stepped out the truck to inspect both truck and trailer before departing Dalhart to head towards Tyler.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

While I approached Amarillo, TX, I was thinking about grabbing some breakfast at The Big Texan, but come to find out that they took breakfast off their menu. I went ahead and stopped at the Petro to grab breakfast from the fuel island deli.
[ external image ]

After eating, I left Amarillo and got on U.S. Hwy 287 South towards Fort Worth.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

My appointment was at 10 in the morning at my receivers in Tyler, so I stopped for the day at the Love's in Wichita Falls, TX after driving 308 miles. While there, I added ULSD and DEF to the truck before parking and shutting down.
[ external image ]

Art S.
12-12-2022
proudvet1

#167 Post by proudvet1 » 13 Dec 2022 18:56

Denver, CO to Tyler, TX
Part 3: Wichita Falls, TX to Tyler, TX

After I was fully rested after taking my 10 hour rest period, I had stepped out the truck to inspect both truck and trailer before departing at 6am from Wichita Falls to head towards Tyler.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I arrived to Tyler around 9:30am and arrived to my receivers and I had waited for 2 hours to get unloaded.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

After the bagged dry dog food was unloaded at Tractor Supply, I received an email from dispatch to be on standby for another load pickup appointment. I drove up to nearby Lindale, TX and parked at the QuikTrip for lunch and wait on dispatch.
[ external image ]

Art S.
12-13-2022
proudvet1

#168 Post by proudvet1 » 24 Dec 2022 21:25

Lindale, TX to Odessa, TX
Part 1: Lindale, TX to Big Spring, TX

After getting some lunch and resting at the QT in Lindale, TX I received a dispatch to go to a corrugated paperboard mill to pick up used corrugated paper to take to Odessa, TX for delivery.
[ external image ]

I arrived to the location for my appointment and I was loaded in 4 hours. I received my manifest and load seal before leaving Lindale.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

After being in Tyler and Lindale for the whole day, getting loaded in 4 hours at the mill, and driving for 5 hours from Lindale, I stopped in Big Spring, TX at the TA for the night. While there before getting my 10 hour rest, I filled up the truck with ULSD and DEF, got a shower and dinner at the Country Pride.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Art S.
12-24-2022
Merry Christmas!!! 🎄🎄🎄
proudvet1

#169 Post by proudvet1 » 28 Dec 2022 20:10

Big Spring, TX to Odessa, TX to Abilene, TX to Bakersfield, CA
Part 1: Big Spring, TX to Odessa, TX to Abilene, TX to Odessa, TX

I was fully rested from my 10 hour rest period at the TA in Big Spring. After getting up, I fully inspected my vehicle, checked the fluids and filled the trailer airlines so my lines don't freeze up. I had decided to eat breakfast at the Country Pride before departing for my delivery in Odessa, TX.
[ external image ]

The drive to Odessa wasn't long and I made it to Waste Management on time for delivery.
[ external image ]

After getting the waste corrugated paperboard unloaded, I waited for an hour at the location for dispatch to head back east to Abilene for my next pickup.
[ external image ]

I had arrived to Abilene on time and the location to pick up the load was at a windmill construction site there.
[ external image ]

After getting loaded with used IBC containers, I received the manifest from the foreman and I locked up the trailer before leaving for Bakersfield, CA.
[ external image ]

Before the truckstops were about to get crowded, I decided to end the run for the day back in Odessa at the Flying J to rest for the night.
[ external image ]

Art S.
12-28-2022
proudvet1

#170 Post by proudvet1 » 08 Jan 2023 19:23

Fort Sumner, NM to Clovis, NM to DFW Airport, TX
Part 1: Clovis, NM to Wichita Falls, TX

I had arrived at the terminal in Fort Sumner at 5 in the morning after checking out the Best Western Cannon AFB in Clovis to get ready to go back on the road. After I got there, I noticed they replaced the factory aero quarter fenders with the new Hogebuilts I bought, and they washed my truck and trailer and disinfected inside the trailer.
[ external image ]

The dispatch had assigned me to pick up a load at BNSF logistics rail yard in Clovis after I inspected my truck and trailer.
[ external image ]

I arrived there and I waited for 3 hours to get loaded with powdered milk.
[ external image ]

After getting loaded, I received my manifest, load seal, and I locked the load seal with the guard lock on the trailer before I changed my elog from on duty to driving and departed towards the DFW Airport.
[ external image ]

When I approached to Wichita Falls at the I-44/US Hwy 287 South interchange, a sand truck had overturned at the ramp continuing south on US Hwy 287, it was raining still and traffic was backed up towards that way. I haven't had eaten all day and I decided to go north on I-44 East to exit 3C to dine at the Cracker Barrel.
[ external image ]

After eating, my day was about come to a end and before the truck stops in Wichita Falls start to get packed with truck parking, I stopped at the Love's. While there, I fueled up the truck with ULSD and DEF before getting a spot to park for the night. Before laying down, I had to inspect my vehicle and drain the air tanks.
[ external image ]

Art S.
1-8-2023

Return to “Game”