Proudvet1's Adventures and Mod Work

proudvet1

Re: Proudvet1's Adventures and Mod Work

#171 Post by proudvet1 » 10 Jan 2023 03:54

Fort Sumner, NM to Clovis, NM to DFW Airport, TX
Part 2: Wichita Falls, TX to DFW Airport, TX to Denton, TX

I was fully rested after sleeping for 10 hours at the Love's. I got outside to inspect the truck and trailer, and went inside the Love's. I had grabbed a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich before leaving Wichita Falls for a 118 mile drive to the DFW Airport.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I have arrived to Fort Worth and I had to exit in town on I-35 W South to go north on I-35W towards DFW Airport.
[ external image ]

I had arrived to the logistics area of the airport on time for delivery and I went through a security check before entering inside. While there, I had to wait about 3-4 hours to get the powdered milk unloaded and the load was not damaged.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

After getting unloaded, I had to go through a security check before departing the airport. I didn't have a dispatch to pick up another load right away, but the dispatcher told me to park at the nearest truckstop from the airport. I went up to the TA in Denton and I had parked my parking spot I reserved. While there and waiting for dispatch, I went inside to take a shower, get a meal at Boston Market, and went back to my truck to rest.
[ external image ]

Art S.
1-9-2023
proudvet1

#172 Post by proudvet1 » 16 Jan 2023 03:18

Denton to Hutchins, TX to Phoenix, AZ
Part 1: Hutchins to Big Spring, TX

I had decided to stay at the TA in Denton for my 34 hour restart. After my 34 hours was up, I got outside and inspected my truck and trailer in drenching rain before leaving Denton for the Union Pacific railyard in Hutchins.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

When I got there, I went through a security check at the gates before entering. My dispatcher informed me to do a drop and hook. The load inside another reefer was a dry load which it was toys to deliver in Phoenix, AZ. I had inspected the trailer and it was straight before I secured the seal with the seal guard lock and getting the manifest before heading west to Arizona. When leaving, I had to go through another security check again.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I had over 7 hours driving (from Denton to the Hutchins and being in DFW rush hour on I-20 after leaving Hutchins to head west to Arizona) and 3 hours on duty (combined with pre-trip inspection and drop and hook).
[ external image ]

It's a good thing I came prepared that I have to reserve a spot at the TA in Big Spring, TX. While there, I had to fuel the truck with ULSD and DEF before taking my reserved parking spot, got some dinner from Popeye's, and to rest up for 10 hours.
[ external image ]

Art S.
1-15-2023
proudvet1

#173 Post by proudvet1 » 21 Jan 2023 23:48

Denton, TX to Hutchins, TX to Phoenix, AZ
Part 2: Big Spring, TX to El Paso, TX (30 min break) to Deming, NM

I was fully rested after sleeping for my 10 hour rest period before I got out the truck to do pre-trip and leave the TA in Big Spring to head towards Phoenix, AZ.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

During my drive, I had to stop in El Paso, TX at the Petro for my mandatory 30 min break. While there, I decided to get a light lunch at the fuel island deli.
[ external image ]

After my 30 minute break, I left El Paso to continue my route to Phoenix, AZ.
[ external image ]

I approached Deming, NM to stop at the Petro before the day ended and to secure a parking spot before the lots get full. While there, I fueled up my truck, took a shower, ate dinner, and rest up for 10 hours.
[ external image ]

Art S.
1-21-2023
SmokeyWolf

#174 Post by SmokeyWolf » 21 Jan 2023 23:53

Looking good.
proudvet1

#175 Post by proudvet1 » 22 Jan 2023 13:30

Thank you @SmokeyWolf 😎
proudvet1

#176 Post by proudvet1 » 25 Jan 2023 18:53

Denton, TX to Hutchins, TX to Phoenix, AZ
Part 3: Deming, NM to Phoenix, AZ

After resting for 10 hours, I had got outside to do my pre-trip inspetion, and went inside the Petro to get a cup of coffee before I started my 300 mile drive to the Phoenix suburb of Buckeye.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I had arrived to my final destination which is the Walmart distribution center and I had to check in with security before going into the property. I had to wait for 4 hours before I received a door to get the toys unloaded. Also, most of the load wasn't damaged and Walmart accepted most of them.
[ external image ]

Art S.
1-25-2023
proudvet1

#177 Post by proudvet1 » 27 Jan 2023 23:36

Phoenix, AZ to Colville, WA
Part 1: Buckeye (Phoenix), AZ to Kingman, AZ

After getting unloaded at the Walmart DC in Buckeye, I was directly dispatched through Omnitracs to head to a chemical plant in nearby Phoenix to pick up a load of Helium.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I had arrived to my location and I had to wait to get loaded due to 3 trucks ahead of me. I had got loaded after waiting 2.5 hours, they gave me the manifest, load seal and I placarded the trailer with the Class 2 UN#1046 placards.
[ external image ]

Before leaving Phoenix, I did my pretrip, locked the seal on the trailer, and set the elog from on duty to driving.
[ external image ]

My plans while driving was to shut down for the day in Las Vegas, but my time was almost up from driving and I ended up parking at a rest area along US 93 North in Kingman, AZ. I discovered that spot was my safe haven for hauling hazmat on my trip. Before setting the elog from driving to sleeper berth, I went to the burger stand to grab some dinner and I took the food to the truck before resting for 10 hours.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Art S.
1-27-2023
proudvet1

#178 Post by proudvet1 » 31 Jan 2023 15:36

Phoenix, AZ to Colville, WA
Part 2: Kingman, AZ to Las Vegas, NV (fuel stop)

I was fully rested after sleeping for 10 hours and it was raining and muddy on the lot where I parked at. I had to get out to do a quick pre-trip before leaving Kingman.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

[ external image ]

I had arrived in Las Vegas and I had to stop at the Love's for fuel and DEF. After fueling, I had to go inside quick to pay for the fuel and grab a sandwich and coffee on the go.
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

Art S.
1-31-2023
proudvet1

#179 Post by proudvet1 » 30 May 2023 12:22

Arlington, TX to Aberdeen, WA
Part 1 Arlington, TX to Amarillo, TX

I had purchased my 3rd truck to replace my Cascadia, a new 2024 Volvo VNL 860 at Bruckner's in Dallas last Friday. Sunday night, I had went to Arlington, TX and got loaded with waste paper to deliver to a paper plant in Aberdeen, WA
[ external image ]

Leaving Arlington to drive to a nearest truckstop for my 10 hour rest
[ external image ]

Rested up and inspected my vehicle after my 10 hour in the DFW area and left that area driving up on US Hwy 287 North
[ external image ]

Driving through Wichita Falls, TX
[ external image ]

Stopped at Bruckner's Volvo in Amarillo, TX to get my deerguard and hood deflector replaced
[ external image ]

Stopped at the Petro in Amarillo for the end of the day and my 10 hour rest
[ external image ]

Art S.
5-30-2023

Return to “Game”