Radio player suggestion: *.AAC file support.

Ths15

Radio player suggestion: *.AAC file support.

#1 Post by Ths15 » 28 Jun 2018 00:40

Hello,

I am wondering if it would be possible for a future update to be able to support AAC streaming files for both ETS2 & ATS. I am asking as I am seeing more and more online radio streams switching to this format, and finding an MP3 stream is becoming impossible as a result.

Thank you.
Asp1re

Re: Radio player suggestion: *.AAC file support.

#2 Post by Asp1re » 20 Jan 2019 07:58

Same, I raised the same issue countless times on Steam discussions, here... it gets brushed off... it seems to me its an abandoned feature that the developers gave up on. It is sad because playing a professional radio stream would really add to the immersion of the game.
Madkine
Global moderator

#3 Post by Madkine » 20 Jan 2019 10:38

In this thread, Max says the sound system (including radio) will be revamped.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=267723&start=17
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
erkinalp

#4 Post by erkinalp » 20 Jan 2019 15:44

AAC requires ffmpeg support, which can considerably slow down the game sound engine.
CraptasticJack

#5 Post by CraptasticJack » 10 Feb 2022 16:41

Quite an old thread, but It would be nice to see AAC support for the in-game radio. I currently have a VLC playlist of the radio stations I listen to, but it would be a lot easier if I could control the stations with the push of a button in-game as opposed to having to control the stations via my VLC remote app. It would be cool to compile a list of stations for each city in the game and just be able to swap on the fly! :)
HighFlyer

#6 Post by HighFlyer » 29 Sep 2022 20:48

Can we have this please? Only been asked by several hundreds forever, and the number of stations we can listen to is getting limited! Most MP3 streams are dead, with M3U streams or AACP only available.

I don't want to have to use mods for this simple yet effective feature that makes trucking feel like you're crossing multiple borders. And don't mention OGG, I haven't found a single station in this format.

The way I see it - we will soon have West Balkans DLC and I will have to cross Slovenia without RTV stations. All of them use IceCast. Yes, I could launch a browser, but why, when I can switch radios in game using PageUp and PageDown buttons.

Return to “Feature Wishlists and Suggestions”