Economy Overhaul?

Optional Features

Re: Economy Overhaul?

#61 Post by Optional Features » 21 Jun 2022 20:02

Yeah, the challenge is getting started. Once you get started, money flows. The only way you can lose money is buying a ton of trucks, but AI drivers quickly make up for that.
Viper28

#62 Post by Viper28 » 22 Jun 2022 04:29

IamTheOne wrote: 21 Jun 2022 14:22
Viper28 wrote: 29 May 2022 03:08 I'm sorry, but you're just asking for far too much. This game is meant to be relaxing, and considering improving anything you've mentioned above is just gonna put me on anxiety medication. :lol:
With all due respect, your comment is perfectly legitimate, but if you end up not playing a game anymore because the gameplay is not as shallow and "relaxing" as it once was, then that's on you as a player.
yes. this. :idea:
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
PBandJ

#63 Post by PBandJ » 22 Jun 2022 14:21

I think it would be nice if there was a Hard, normal, and easy mode for the game. I would say the current game is default to the easy mode. That is why I have been running lately a mod that makes it a lot more realistic. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =646519799 The last run I made I netted only about $500.00, but the AI got me for $900.00 by blocking the road on I-80 at 75 mph.....:( It makes the game considerably more challenging. I also do not have any drivers, I do all the work myself. I started from a new profile and ran numerous quick jobs to get a start. Then bank loan to get my own truck. (very basic one). Running this now, adding small things as I can to it, and paying off the loan. Just have the mini garage that game started with and no trailer owned yet. Working towards that. I also do not turn off fines, or fatigue. My bank account currently sits at just over $15,000.

You can find ways of making this game a lot more difficult (realistic) if that is what you want to do....:)
MrAbner

#64 Post by MrAbner » 22 Jun 2022 18:38

I did something similar recently, started a new profile, running quick jobs until I had enough cash for a simple truck. No bank loans, nothing but the "tiny" one-truck starter garage, no drivers. Just wanted to see how long it would take to get to one million dollars (or Euros — did the same thing in ETS2) all by myself.

Only trouble is once I do buy my own trailers, I always have to pick them up at that one garage should I want a change.
Viper28

#65 Post by Viper28 » 23 Jun 2022 01:38

PBandJ wrote: 22 Jun 2022 14:21 I think it would be nice if there was a Hard, normal, and easy mode for the game. I would say the current game is default to the easy mode. That is why I have been running lately a mod that makes it a lot more realistic. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =646519799 The last run I made I netted only about $500.00, but the AI got me for $900.00 by blocking the road on I-80 at 75 mph.....:( It makes the game considerably more challenging. I also do not have any drivers, I do all the work myself. I started from a new profile and ran numerous quick jobs to get a start. Then bank loan to get my own truck. (very basic one). Running this now, adding small things as I can to it, and paying off the loan. Just have the mini garage that game started with and no trailer owned yet. Working towards that. I also do not turn off fines, or fatigue. My bank account currently sits at just over $15,000.

You can find ways of making this game a lot more difficult (realistic) if that is what you want to do....:)
cool. Are you using a mod, or did you adjust load pay rates yourself (and if so how do you do that?) I myself used to use Klaas Mod but that finally disappeared recently (sadly) I would like to be able to adjust my driver's pay a bit higher so their revenues per load are fluctuated a bit lower. I turned off fatigue because it just became too ridiculous trying to drive to a spot when dropping off a load and my guy being exhausted. So I simulate with the command 12 hours on or so and 12 hours off. Didn't want to but I turned off fines because the cops are far too prevalent in the game, the arbitrary red light to weight at weight stations (I go once per entry per state per trip now). Sadly, having to turn off some features because they're executed so poorly in the game kind of shows how the game is really lacking some "smarts" in some areas. As an Aside. Since their prices are such: does SCS stand for "Simply Cheap Software" ?? I don't know but was wondering.
"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future" -JFK
PBandJ

#66 Post by PBandJ » 23 Jun 2022 02:10

I linked to the mod I use in the post I made. I haven't shut off anything in the game. It isn't perfect but it works. I try and do it as realistic as possible. I try and run 11 hour days, some days I am a bit over and some days a bit under. I really need to read up on current allowable drive times and such. I won't reply to sarcastic comment about SCS initials. I try not to get into that game myself....:)
The Torgo

#67 Post by The Torgo » 23 Jun 2022 02:37

taxes and running costs, we need those
rookie31st

#68 Post by rookie31st » 23 Jun 2022 03:10

We won't get them. It's not in line with SCS philosophy, at least now.
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
Optional Features

#69 Post by Optional Features » 23 Jun 2022 03:15

rookie31st wrote: 23 Jun 2022 03:10 We won't get them. It's not in line with SCS philosophy, at least now.
Yeah, then the community managers couldn't even play the game lol.
Viper28

#70 Post by Viper28 » 23 Jun 2022 17:05

PBandJ wrote: 23 Jun 2022 02:10 I linked to the mod I use in the post I made. I haven't shut off anything in the game. It isn't perfect but it works. I try and do it as realistic as possible. I try and run 11 hour days, some days I am a bit over and some days a bit under. I really need to read up on current allowable drive times and such. I won't reply to sarcastic comment about SCS initials. I try not to get into that game myself....:)
Uh, SCS comment was actually not being sarcastic. I literally have no idea what it might mean AND AS I MENTIONED their price points are PRETTY LOW, so among the myriad of things I've been considering that was one of them. Now that I look it up it likely means Sebor Cesky Software; the two guys that founded it.

Return to “General discussion about the game”